rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

The Dark Knight

Got the blue ray last night (with a similar sticker problem, argh) , disc 1 features are slightly interesting but disc 2 is just guff. Oh well, looking forward to buying the ultimate edition next year!!

Well, the funny thing is I keep all my discs in wallets and bung the cases in the loft, but it's the principle.

Good film though. A bit long but more in an exhausting way than boring.

My Play order was posted today, so I'm hoping for a Monday delivery. Can't wait to see it again on BD now!

Just watched the BluRay edition this afternoon and its lost non of the appeal from the cinema, truly a great film. However the box mentions all this gubbins about Imax in the BR edition. But I cant remember anything standing out to the version I saw at the cinema. Where abouts are these Imax moments? Also did they make some changes to the sound as Batman's croaky voice was awful (which has been mentioned many times) at the flicks but at home its nowhere near as bad.

For the IMAX scenes, it was mainly exterior shots as the aspect ratio switches to full screen. The opening bank heist was also shot in IMAX, IIRC.

You should notice an fair increase in resolution, to boot.

The main IMAX bits were the bank heist, SWAT van/bat pod set piece, external HK shots and the Lamborghini section. You can notice a slight improvement in resolution but it is definitely the shift in aspect ratio to full screen which is the most noticeable difference.

Prior to watching the Blu-Ray, for some bizarre reason (or lack of reason perhaps) I thought the IMAX sections would be in 4:3. Now that would have been offputting, but as they are they're a delicious bonus. Given that there are no TVs in 2.35:1 (?) is IMAX the ideal format for our TVs? How would people say it compares with other 16:9 Blu-Rays?

I am so fucking glad I didn't pay to see this at the cinema.

Because I was actually crying at the end.

Stunning.

Stunning.

It really is an amazing piece of work on all levels. I hope it gets suitably rewarded in awards season.

I am so fucking glad I didn't pay to see this at the cinema.

Stunning.

Was that your first film after your lengthy hiatus? Because whatever comes next has a hell of an act to follow!

He has to maneouvre into a weird position to access and fire the weapons. It's shown more clearly in Batman Begins.

When he's driving the batmobile-tank why does he keep poking his head into the glove compartment?

He's looking for a Travel Sweet to help him get rid of that nasty throat infection he's got.

Watched this for the first time on Saturday night on DVD and thought...

It was a bit meh really. Heath Ledger was superb as the joker and I really mean superb. Apart from that it really didn't do much for me. The whole sonar thing was just a bit naff and there wasn't really any action in it of note.

I guess it's another one of those "At the cinema" films

Watched this for the first time on Saturday night on DVD and thought...

It was a bit meh really. Heath Ledger was superb as the joker and I really mean superb. Apart from that it really didn't do much for me. The whole sonar thing was just a bit naff and there wasn't really any action in it of note.

I guess it's another one of those "At the cinema" films

Whut? Admit it, you fell asleep during the massive batmobile/giant truck chase, endless explosions and fights and stuff.

Well watched my Bluray today! Fucking awesome! I loved this film so much. Obviously seeing it at the Imax made it a jillion times better but still really awesome watching it again on Bluray now. :lol:

And no action...? WTF.

Perhaps I did fall asleep but it wasn't exactely original or astoundingly done. It was a chase scene after all.