rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

The Dark Knight

Yeah I would definitely have loved to see some interviews with him. I'm guessing they would never have had the time to sit down and do a directors commentary with the likes of Ledger and Bale together either, that would have been brilliant.

I was surprised there was nothing about the viral marketing for the film on the extras.

That's a shame as it was marketed brilliantly.

So there's no additional 'Heath as the Joker' footage?

May be wishful thinking but I wonder if they are saving it so he can make a cameo in the next film :wub:

May be wishful thinking but I wonder if they are saving it so he can make a cameo in the next film :wub:

Or a special edition including R@RE deleted scenes.

I'm annoyed with this edition as they could have easily put something better extra's wise considering the cost of the BR. Instead I bet they release some sort of SE soon with all the content that should have been with it included.

Probably BS because it's The Sun, but...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle2048300.ece

FUNNYMAN EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie, The Sun can reveal.

The Beverly Hills Cop star, 47, has been signed up by British director CHRISTOPHER NOLAN to reprise the role played by JIM CARREY in 1995’s Batman Forever.

The surprise move follows speculation linking Pirates of the Caribbean star JOHNNY DEPP to the part.

The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.

Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.

CHRISTIAN BALE will return as Bruce Wayne, while MICHAEL CAINE will again play Bruce’s assistant Alfred.

Meanwhile, Brit RACHEL WEISZ is said to be up for the Catwoman role.

Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers.

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in Batman Returns.

A film insider said: “Chris wasn’t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion.

“Eddie’s a fantastic addition. Everyone’s excited to see what he does as the Riddler.”

Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.

I want to find whoever thinks this is a good idea and pull their teeth out one-by-one.

Sounds like bullshit. Riddler, Catwoman and Robin? Didn't Nolan and Bale say they would never do a movie with Robin in? And Eddie Murphy is described as "funny man." He hasn't been a funny man in a live action film for a long time.

Probably BS because it's The Sun, but...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle2048300.ece

:ph34r::wacko::lol:

I love the gutter press, it really must one of the most fun jobs ever just making utter bollocks up on the spot and winding up the British public with it

It's all cobblers, clearly. This is the same paper don't forget that claimed just after the release of TDK that Nolan was already in production on a third called The Caped Crusader and it was being rush-released next year.

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in Batman Returns.

:ph34r:

Right, that's me losing sleep tonight over that article.

It's obviously dogshit, but under another director, it wouldn't be a stretch really, would it?

They have different story about who's playing who in the third film every other week, i'll give it a shot and see if i can get close to the article that'll appear in 2 weeks time about casting.

Heath Ledgers corpse to be dug up as he reprises his role as the Zombie Joker but all will not be as it seems as the true master villain behind this ghoulish plot will be the puppet master said to be played by Hayden Christensen.

:unsure::P:(

I love it when The Sun just makes things up. They really should be called on it.

About 60% of what they write is made up, and the remaining 40% is the sports pages.

I just finished watching this on BluRay, and I had forgotten how immensly good this film is. I love Ledger's performance as The Joker. I love the fact that Nolan actually bothered to represent the relationship between The Joker and Batman, at least from the Jokers point of view that they are two sides of the same coin.

And the whole section from transporting Dent in the Swat van to his Teh Jokers escape rising along in the police car with his head out the window is just one of the best paced and choreographed action sequences.

I got the dvd for Christmas and the extras are a real joke. I can't believe the lack of anything decent. As someone mentioned, there should at least have been something about the viral marketing campaign. Plus I wish there was a commentary on it.

They have different story about who's playing who in the third film every other week, i'll give it a shot and see if i can get close to the article that'll appear in 2 weeks time about casting.

Heath Ledgers corpse to be dug up as he reprises his role as the Zombie Joker but all will not be as it seems as the true master villain behind this ghoulish plot will be the puppet master said to be played by Hayden Christensen.

You're doing it wrong.

HEATH LEDGER'S CORPSE is to be DUG UP so that he may reprise his role as The Joker in the new BATMAN film, The Sun can exclusively reveal.

The Winged Avenger, to be released in 2010, will see the return of The Joker as a ZOMBIE, according to an inside source.

However, all will not be as it seems, as Star Wars star HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN is set to play THE PUPPET MASTER, a puppet master who CONTROLS the body of the DEAD Joker.

A source close to the director, CHRISTOPHER NOLAN, who directed the summer blockbuster THE DARK KNIGHT, said "everyone is really excited."

"Chris is really excited. He wants to start filming on The Masked Crusader as soon as possible."

It is already expected that REESE WITHERSPOON will collect the OSCAR for Best Actress for her portrayal of POISON IVY in The Winged Crusader.

An insider told The Sun: "The scenes Reese has already shot are unbelievable."

I got the dvd for Christmas and the extras are a real joke. I can't believe the lack of anything decent. As someone mentioned, there should at least have been something about the viral marketing campaign. Plus I wish there was a commentary on it.

Tell me about it. I watched them all out of outrage that I'd paid good money for nothing :)

I watched this in the Cinema and thought is was OK, nothing special.

I watched this on Blu-ray over Christmas and enjoyed it much more than in the cinema.

I've yet to watch the extras and I doubt I will, doesn't look like I'll be missing much.

I watched this in the Cinema and thought is was OK, nothing special.

I watched this on Blu-ray over Christmas and enjoyed it much more than in the cinema.

I've yet to watch the extras and I doubt I will, doesn't look like I'll be missing much.

They're actually better than you think, especially the Focus Points on disc one. I was amazed at how much of the action scenes were done practically, especially the tanker flip. The Batpod and IMAX featurettes are fucking brilliant. Disc two has a fake chat show thing, it's worth watching for a laugh.

Totally amazing, even better than in the cinema for me. I actually think this might be my fave movie ever.

Ledgers performance is mesmerising. Bale strikes the right balance between cool,cocky, and fucked up.

The film also manages to straddle a blurry line of believability that stops me from going into rolling eye mode.

They're actually better than you think, especially the Focus Points on disc one. I was amazed at how much of the action scenes were done practically, especially the tanker flip. The Batpod and IMAX featurettes are fucking brilliant. Disc two has a fake chat show thing, it's worth watching for a laugh.

I may just have to check it out later this week then.

Is it me or do they cut the 'swipe' of the jokers slash in the 'bodybag' scene? Really annoying, it really loses something from that missing swipe shot.

Watched it about 5 times now, great film but it is flawed. That boat scene in particular stands out as cheap and the whole final encounter with both joker and dent seem really really anticlimatic. Shame because up to the point where the Joker escapes it really is flawless for me.

i thought the film could have done without the whole dent/two face side story, i thought it was pointless and the two face we ended up getting felt like a huge anti climax, nothing compared to Tommy Lee Jones's two face

For a movie that was hyped up because of the Joker there seemed to be too few scenes with him in it. And too many scenes with Bale, i find the whole batman character too two dimensional, i think these films should concentrate on the villains because they are the characters that get bums onto seats, i doubt many went to see this film for Batman