Shoes

The electronica thread

Maybe this should be in the synth thread but who cares. Currently listening to From Here to Eternity and convinced Moroder was a time traveller, this album sounds like it could have been from a particulary good electronic act in the early 90s and must have been fucking mind blowing in 1977. The whole first side on vinyl is made up of five distinct but related tracks forming a fantastic single mix of what is effectively techno an epoch before that existed. 

And just look at that cover 'art'. 

From_Here_to_Eternity_(Giorgio_Moroder_album_-_cover_art).jpg

• Upvote 1

On 14/04/2018 at 19:59, deerokus said:

Maybe this should be in the synth thread but who cares. Currently listening to From Here to Eternity and convinced Moroder was a time traveller, this album sounds like it could have been from a particulary good electronic act in the early 90s and must have been fucking mind blowing in 1977. The whole first side on vinyl is made up of five distinct but related tracks forming a fantastic single mix of what is effectively techno an epoch before that existed. 

And just look at that cover 'art'. 

From_Here_to_Eternity_(Giorgio_Moroder_album_-_cover_art).jpg

Next time start a new thread. Great albums deserve more than a mention in one of the mega-threads! And this is a great album. His 1980 album "E=MC2"  is even better, I reckon. 

On 19/04/2018 at 19:24, Mr Do 71 said:

Squarepusher's ambient soundtrack for a kids programme.

http://www.factmag.com/2018/04/19/squarepusher-soundtrack-ambient-music-cbeebies-childrens-show/

I remember in the late 90's/early 00's loads of BBC programs and docs used a lot of warp stuff particularly Aphex and Squarepusher, I remeber hearing Ventolin on something about roadworks being noisy! Whoever was commisioning music back then was clearly into electronica.

Anyone into Automatic Tasty?

This track is very 90's, like a mix of Early/mid Aphex and Bochum Welt, he's put out a wide range of tunes in the past 8 years:

I got Venetian Snares x Daniel Lanois last week - most of it seems okay. :) This track's a personal favourite because I like chilled wobbly stuff:

On 10/10/2018 at 09:23, Hoodedclaw said:

boss that .... big Lone fan here

Did your hear that mix compilation he did last year or whenever it was? Really liked that.

26 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Did your hear that mix compilation he did last year or whenever it was? Really liked that.

The DJ Kicks one ?

While on the subject of DJ Kicks , Mount Kimble one is worth a peek 

• Upvote 1

As an aside, I used to follow Lone when he was posting his tunes on Twoism, a Boards of Canada fan-forum. His work then was essentially BoC/Bibio/wobbly tape melodies and beats, which is largely how producers start, and it's really nice hearing how he's evolved.

His first album has its moments, including this which has been my ringtone for 11 years.

• Upvote 1

ty. I haven't listened to that since it dropped. Anyone know the track at the start? He mentions it's from an anime but I can't make out what he says.