IGNORED

Carboot Weekenders 22+23rd July

McBacon

Fuck all. Precicely fuck all. Powerslave vinyl for a pound and Warhemmer Rites Of War (kust jewel case and cd) for 50p. I knew there was a reason I dint get up on a sunday at 7 regularly. Also, some cheeky cunt was trying to sell cd's (like War Of The Worlds, y'know, the audio one) for £2.50 with copied cd's in them. I wonder how many people who bought them checked the cd's.

I got a bag of commodore 64 games for £1. they were in a box with some other crap, and she wanted £2 the box. But I didnt want to pay for some drum and bass crap, so I moved the games to the side and offered a quid.

But I forgot to move the copy of herzog Zwei (MD) into the pile so offered her 50p for it. Just looked on ebay and the last 2 copies went for £8-10 :unsure: Collection +1

er why? Surely early bird catches the er, cheap gameage?

Doesn't always work like that, I go later on every now and again and i've got myself some good stuff after a member on here (213?) mentioned that it was worth doing.

Sometimes sellers want a high price for the item initially, but when multiple traders and buyers walk away at the given price, they inevitably drop it. By the time they do this though, alot of the traders have left for home or the next bootsale.

Sure, you're not going to necessarily find things you sell on, but i've found some excellent stuff for my collection at reasonable prices during the last 1/2 hours of a boot sale. Every boot sale is different though, so you might not be as successful. I guess if games consoles etc are scarce at your boot sale, you might struggle?

Here are my finds today;

PC Games £1 each - Dragon Lore, AD&D Path of Radiance, Diablo 2 and Dlablo 2 Expansion. Unfortunately the expansion didnt have the disc, but she gave me the box for free.

DSCF0305.jpg

17 Master System Games - Xenon 2, Sonic 2, Alex Kidd Monster World, Kick Off etc + MS Base Unit Only £5

DSCF0307.jpg

Collection of Lemony Snickets books - £15 for 11 Books, only missing the 12th and then it will be a complete set.

DSCF0309.jpg

I went to the same bootsale as T-Bone Retro. I got a G-Con 45 for £1 which I was really pleased about since I got Time Crisis 3 in blockbusters the other day and was after a gun for it. I also got Mario 64 DS for £10 :unsure:

Right then, deep breath...

Loose Irish all black Atari 2600 Jr, and a pile of controllers, all leads.

Defender

Action Force

Crystal Castles

Combat

Asteroids

Super Breakout

Haunted House

Moon Patrol

Gangster Alley

Dodge 'em

Missile Command

Outlaw

Hunt & Score

Popeye

H.E.R.O.

Basic Math

Smurf

Golf

Donkey Kong

Carnival

Superman

Tutankham

Maze Craze

Solar Fox

Video Pinball

Pele's Soccer

Centipede

Pac-Man

Seaquest

Bowling

Keystone Kapers

Activision Decathlon

Basketball

Spider-Man

Frogger

Frogger II

Venture

Sky Skipper

Quickstep

Frostbite

E.T.

Bridge

Brain Games

Battlezone

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Maze Craze (again!)

Yars Revenge

Beazerk

Wizard Of Wor

Circus Atari

Video Checkers

Alpha Beam

Pole Position

Minature Golf

Reactor

Pressure Cooker

Combat (x2)

Mouse Trap

Adventure

Mario Bros

Pitfall II

Kangaroo

Concentration

Space Invaders

Stampede

Demons To Diamonds

Dig Dug

Night Driver

Jungle Hunt

Oink!

Gorf

Blueprint

Othello

And when i was just about to pick up the case with the games in and walk off, he hands me another box with the boxes and instruction manuals for the games in :unsure:. They ain't mint but its nice to see them!.

£25

Loose Master System II. Super Tennis, GP Rider, Shadow Of The Beast, Golden Axe, Olympic Gold, Chase HQ.

£3

Boxed 'Super NES' snes, 2 extra pads and joysticks. Mario Paint (box is missing insert and instructions), Pinocchio, Kid Clown In Crazy Chase, Buster Busts Loose, The Lost Vikings, Donkey Kong Country, Mickey Mania, Zombies (cart only), Sim City (cart only), Super Mario World (cart only), Street Fighter II (cart only)...oh, and a boxed Secret Of Mana :(, though sadly missing its instructions and map :(.

£5

All of the above came off the same bloke.

Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2), Zelda WW Ltd Edition, Mario Kart DD.

£12

IL2 Forgotten Battles, Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion (still sealed).

£2

Pandemonium PSX.

£1

Virtua Fighter 3tb, Power Stone, Crazy Taxi 2, Worms World Party, DOA 2, Tomb Raider Chronicles (all DC).

£12

Loose SNES, Mario All Stars, Starwing, Jurassic Park Part 2 (boxed), Mario Allstars hints and tips video.

£2.50p

Think thats it for gaming stuff.

:o

Boxed 'Super NES' snes, 2 extra pads and joysticks. Mario Paint (box is missing insert and instructions), Pinocchio, Kid Clown In Crazy Chase, Buster Busts Loose, The Lost Vikings, Donkey Kong Country, Mickey Mania, Zombies (cart only), Sim City (cart only), Super Mario World (cart only), Street Fighter II (cart only)...oh, and a boxed Secret Of Mana :unsure:, though sadly missing its instructions and map :(.

£5

I'll trade you a SoM map for Donkey kong+ buster busts loose :o

Today I DID a booty, very wierd seeing as there was a PSOne on the tables either side, saw people scrambling for the games and whatnot, glad to see I'm not in that crowd!

Anyhoo, doing one with my dad meant I could go round a few times so I picked up Jet Force Gemini loose for a quid and Kirby's Pinball Land boxed for £1.

Also made £15, so a good day.

Not much - a cool book on Mythology, sealed Myst for the Mac (eBay bound, although I'm not really expecting it to fly). So not much.

Picked up something more or less worthless that I'm offering up for trade as it might be useful to someone. PSOne Final Fantasy VII with disc 1 and 2 but not 3 or manual. I knew when buying it (it was only 50p). If you want it, just offer me a trade of something decent you want rid of...

How did your boot sale go Rev - you were selling this weekend at a school or something weren't you?

Trades wise anything in particular you fancy for FF7 - might be interested...

Decided to delay until next week - the weather predicted rain this morning. In retrospect it would have been fine, a bit of drizzle as I was coming home is as bad as it got. Ah well - we did plenty of decorating (of what is going to be a hobby room, ie. lots of games :() so it wasn't too bad. Gave away the Master System to my brother though...

Trades - more or less any Sega or Nintendo game I don't own. Boxed and instructions would be a good thing but I probably won't fuss. Just had a look at the discs - 1 has a quite worrying scratch and a bunch of little ones, two is just little ones - I think both will work.

I forgot a couple of gaming purchases - Worms PSOne and Pop Idol PS2. The latter I played in Chips ages ago and loved (for two minutes) so hopefully the whole game is as good/bad.

Arrived at the boot today with quite heavy drizzle. Glad I went though and picked up:

XBOX:

Sonic riders

Sonic heroes

Juiced

£5

DC:

Daytona 2001

Resi 2

£5

PC:

Grand Prix 4 £2

Toca 3 £5.50

DVD:

Doom extended edition with outer slip box jobby

One flew over the cookoos nest special edition

Billy Connolly (something for my dad)

£5

I got (and am subsquently selling)

Snes, 2 controllers and Super Metroid - 3 quid.

N64 and 2 rubbish games - 4 quid

3 prima tomb raider (revelations, chronicals and 3) guides - 1 quid

Gameboy camera and printer (both in lovely boxes) - 4 quid

Parcel tape (99p in the postie) - 20p

I think I did pretty well today. Got there nice and early, which was a good change.

Photo later, camera is out of battery

Boxed Pokemon edition game boy colour & unboxed pokemon crystal: £5

boxed + complete NES games: Battletoads, Teenage mutant hero turtles, probotector and Super mario bros (now have the trilogy boxed!) £8

Complete MD games: Sonic 3D, ESWAT, Ghouls and ghosts, the terminator: 50p each

PS1: Discworld complete: £2

All in all I'm happy, normally I don't get much at all as there are so many game traders there.

boxed + complete NES games: Battletoads, Teenage mutant hero turtles, probotector and Super mario bros (now have the trilogy boxed!) £8

Probotector alone will pay for that entire sysem should you choose to sell it.

Probotector alone will pay for that entire system should you choose to sell it.

Thanks for letting me know! I didn't actually get a console, mind :) I don't know if I'm going to keep the other three yet (Mario is a keeper for me), I'll repair my NES first then see if I like 'em. But thanks for that, I don't know very much about NES. I'm more into the megadrive/snes scene.