IGNORED

An idea about weekend topics

McBacon

We seem to be losing the "Bootsale Booty" and "Check these bargains" threads, maybe because people don't feel their finds are good enough to start a topic, or don't feel its there place, I'm not sure!

Maybe we should do what Digital Press doos, and have Monthly Threads, keeps the forums clean, and avoids these sudden abbundances of boot sale threads... abbundances in JULY for petes sake, whoever he is!

So, congregrate on these matters, and tell me what you bought this weekend, or throughout last and next week, you charity shopping, cash converting, old woman cleaning out loft and finding boxed NeoGeo AESing dogs!

Not a bad day at the booty today.

Boxed Mk1 Master System Plus with Hang On & Safari Hunt built in. £5

Boxed Model 2 Saturn. Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Destruction Derby, Sega Touring Car Championship, Virtua Fighter 2, Xmas Nights Into Dreams. £8

Megadrive Game Genie (with book) and Mk1 Megadrive Master System adaptor. £3

Boxed Atari Flashback console. £3

Driver, Dino Crisis, Nightmare Creatures, Resi Evil Directors Cut, Resi Evil 2 (all PSX, all very nice nick). £5

Loose Mk2 Master System. Castle Of Illusion, The Lucky Dime Caper, Battle Out Run, Bart vs The Space Mutants. £3

Mk1 Mega CD (scruffy box) with Mk1 Megadrive. Sol Feace, Cobra Command, Sega Arcade Classics. £5

(All Game Gear ->) Klax, Out Run Europa, Hook, Fantastic Dizzy, Land Of Illusion. (All N64 ->) Quake 2 (box scruffy), Banjo Kazooie (box decent), Zelda OOT, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Kirby The Crystal Shards, Mischief Makers, Bust-A-Move 3DX, Blast Corps, Super Smash Bros, Banjo Tooie. £10 the lot.

<_<

(All Game Gear ->) Klax, Out Run Europa, Hook, Fantastic Dizzy, Land Of Illusion. (All N64 ->) Quake 2 (box scruffy), Banjo Kazooie (box decent), Zelda OOT, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Kirby The Crystal Shards, Mischief Makers, Bust-A-Move 3DX, Blast Corps, Super Smash Bros, Banjo Tooie. £10 the lot.

:wacko:

<_<

What a fantastic selection of games! Today I got a SMB box with a tetris cart for a £1, mostly because I don't have tetris and a loose copy of SMB <_<

Also had some random NEs manuals stuffed in, which was nice. All I need now is a SMB3 box and I'll have a nice little set :wacko:

Not a bad find for my local (we cant all have fantastic local boots)

Found a blatent dealer with all manner of ps1, ps2 and mega drive stuff. ps1 and ps2 stuff was crap or was stuff I could live without. The Md stuff fared better, there must have been 50 boxed titles to choose from, all for £2 each. picked out the following:

Olympic gold (got this and sonic1 when I won my mega drive in a coca cola compo in 1992!)

Desert strike

Aladdin <_<

World of illusion (replaces my cart only copy)

Tiny toon adventures: buster's hidden treasure

Revenge of shinobi (my jap copy has had the cart hacked at to fit pal mds....)

Super hang on (They had the relevant megagames pack, but the packaging on them blows, so i got the original release :wacko: )

I did consider buy more and asking for discount of justice, but realised I need to stop getting stuff randomly and just get i)profit making stuff, ii)stuff i want to play, iii) stuff i've owned at some point previously and enjoyed.

first sunday i have off in ages (and its sunny) but i couldnt be bothered. I just dont want to buy a load of crap thats gonna sit under my bed.

Also: Dandy Sephy - World of Illusion and Tiny Toons are SWEET. Aladdin is cool too. But im sure you know for yourself anyway.

Also: Dandy Sephy - World of Illusion and Tiny Toons are SWEET. Aladdin is cool too. But im sure you know for yourself anyway.

Aladdin FTW. It's just so cheery <_<

It's been years (must be 10+) since i played Tiny Toons, so that should be interesting.

Oh, i also passed on a loose Dc w/2 fishing controllers, 1 pad and 5 or so games for £10. The games were cack (bar wetrix) and the cases were wrecked, and I can't even sell the DC stuff I already have so I left it.

Really busy boot for me this morning, but very little worth getting.

Picked up a mint unreal Tournament 2003 for PC for £1.50 but that was it.

Passed on loads of Ps1 Ps2 crap, and a lot of Xbox stuff

Saw my first DS' on a car boot too.

Picked up a boxed SNES (Streetfighter II Pack) £5

The SNES has got sun yellowed edges, but the power pack is in perfect nick, my current one is battered. It had one of those Megadrive AV splitters switches that were made of metal, not seen one of those in years. Nice and rusty it is too <_< I'll prolly not bother trying that.

Came with Streetfighter II, Super Tennis, Mortal Kombat II and Star Wing; all unboxed.

Also picked up a Prog Scan Sony DVD/DiVX player without remote for £15

Saw an N64, Xbox (with quite a few extra bits for £60), Dreamcast boxed with lots of extras didn't get the price though, and an original Gameboy.

LP's

-Metallica Master of Puppets (Original) 80p

-Lightning Seeds - Cloudcuckooland 80p

-Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye 80p

Some other LP's like talking heads, Anthrax, Vinnie Moore etc, all bought for £1-1.50, and in very good-excellent condition.

Games

-N64 with expansion pack, two official controllers, dk64, excitebike 64 and Road Rash for £8.

-NES - Console, two controllers, rf lead, (missing power pack) £1.50

-PSone - One white official controller (missing rf lead) £2

-Sega 'Lock-On' laser guns, both boxed and in very nice condition. £4 the pair.

Absolutely chuffed to bits with the Metallica, Vinnie Moore and Lightning Seeds LP's - I NEVER expected to find anything like that at a boot sale!

LOL, what i really love is the fact that all that came off a stall next row across from a games trader who has runners out trying to beat everyone to piles of crappy PS1 games at 5:30 in the morning...

:wacko:

The traders are so keen on PS1/PS2 stuff now that they seem to ignore everything else. I was almost physically pushed out of the way of a pile of PS1 games today (that were nothing special) and walked 2 stalls down to pick up a snes with 2 games and 2 pads for £6. <_<

Unfortunately that was about all I found today. Quite a few boots but not much games stuff.

PC Engine and 5 games £15

Monopoly GB, pokemon Gold, Tetris worlds, Dave mira 2about 5 other boxed GB/GBA games - £10 in total

10 unboxed GB games £5

Star Trek monopoly £1

Spectrum + - £5

Escape from monkey Island 50P

GB linker, flash cart etc. £1

£5 snes and 5 games

£6 Saturn inc virtua gun and 8 games

£7 Tomy Robot

most overpriced item? Mint NES inc 10 mint but very ordinary games, £100 for starters..

The £60 Atari 800XL's can fuck off as well.

We seem to be losing the "Bootsale Booty" and "Check these bargains" threads, maybe because people don't feel their finds are good enough to start a topic, or don't feel its there place, I'm not sure!

Nope it's because the more we shout about it the more competition we get................

most overpriced item? Mint NES inc 10 mint but very ordinary games, £100 for starters..

The £60 Atari 800XL's can fuck off as well.

Those smell like standard M25 prices to me...

Why does eveyone think within the M25 their loose SNES with no cables or games is worth £40, "are you interested in that SNES" the seller wanted to know... Oh let me think <_<

CBSK

Anyone know if the Rogue Trooper game is worth anything? I looked up Dragon Master and one has recently sold on eBay for £35 and it seems to be from a similar era of Games Workshop. I'm tempted to keep it if it's worth less than £15.

Its normally only worth between £5 and £10, but ive seen some recently going for £30 ish, i guess interest has been sparked by the latest Rebellion release.

<_<

Were the N64 games all boxed?? Either way, that's a nice find.

Paradigm and another mate were crashing at my place for the weekend, as the local beer festival took place.

We made it down to the local booter around midday (this particular booter doesn't open until 11am), but a combination of us feeling hung over and the sun burning the backs of our necks meant it was the first car booter I actually left before checking out all the stalls.

None of us actually bought anything, but saw a few amusing things:

- Black Gamecube - A bargain at a tenner (or so I though) until Paradigm pointed out that the control pad looked like something had sunk its teeth into it.

- A box of about 20 Spectrum games. Someone must have really loved the Sinclair stuff, and had some strange desire to collect duplicate copies as there were 3 boxed versions of 'Make a Chip', 3 of 'Survival', and 3 'Horace Goes Skiing'.

Still, it made me smile, as it's been around 2 years since I last saw any Spectrum stuff at a car boot sale.