rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
murray

GTA:IV Official Thread

With the international release of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto 4 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3) due this April 29, UK retailer Shopto has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 bundle will be arrive with the game's release.

However, there's been some confusion regarding which company will be distributing the said bundle in the region. Two companies tied with GTA 4 have been speculated as possible candidates which will distribute the game - Take-Two related Gem and Sony title distributor Centresoft.

Igor Cipolletta, Chief Operating Officer of Shopto, was quoted having said the following to explain the situation:

We know for a fact it is coming out in Europe and we are expecting an announcement in the UK any time. We are not sure if Gem or Centresoft are distributing it yet, that seems to be the hold up.

The GTA 4 bundle has been priced at 299 (US 589), so gamers in the region should make sure to save up as much as they can until they can get a copy of the game (if you can still find pre-orders of it, that is).

Have Microsoft done any official bundles? I don't mean just putting Viva Pinata in the box, but rather branding the whole thing as one entity in the way Sony do with the GT5: Prologue equivalents.

Murray, I've written a piece about GTA for the Arena web site and I've name dropped/linked Joypod at the beginning.

The production editor isn't posting it until a week Monday as next week is 'muic week' though. Gah!

Murray, I've written a piece about GTA for the Arena web site and I've name dropped/linked Joypod at the beginning.

The production editor isn't posting it until a week Monday as next week is 'muic week' though. Gah!

I really hope the production editor doesn't think it's called 'muic week'.

Have Microsoft done any official bundles? I don't mean just putting Viva Pinata in the box, but rather branding the whole thing as one entity in the way Sony do with the GT5: Prologue equivalents.

There was a Halo 3 one I think.

There was a Halo 3 one I think.

Was a Halo 360 but not bundled with the game.

These days the Forza 2 and Viva Pinata bundle was around for a while, so retailers will probably display 360 boxes with a gta box stuck on front with the 360 and sell them together. Not as eye catching as a art dedicated box of course.

Ah, but does it reaaaalllllllly matter when in 18 days we will be playing the best game that Rockstar have ever made?

They're re-releasing The Warriors?

EDIT: Goddammit

there have been proper 360 bundles.

there was the 2006 fifa world cup bundle and the gears of war bundle.

there were also COD & pro evo bundles for christmas 2006, i remember they caused quite a stir here when toys'r'us heavily discounted them last summer.

I Don't post that often here but

But what? Should we listen to you less or more because you don't post much? WHAT?! HOW DO THINGS STAND?!

Would you agree to never play GTA4 for £1000?

You can play its spin offs, and any sequels, just not number 4. And you really can never play it.

yup.

Would you agree to never play GTA4 for £1000?

You can play its spin offs, and any sequels, just not number 4. And you really can never play it.

Make it £100,000. £1000 isn't a lot of money.