GTA:IV Official Thread

There was a Halo 3 one I think.

Was a Halo 360 but not bundled with the game.

These days the Forza 2 and Viva Pinata bundle was around for a while, so retailers will probably display 360 boxes with a gta box stuck on front with the 360 and sell them together. Not as eye catching as a art dedicated box of course.

there have been proper 360 bundles.

there was the 2006 fifa world cup bundle and the gears of war bundle.

there were also COD & pro evo bundles for christmas 2006, i remember they caused quite a stir here when toys'r'us heavily discounted them last summer.

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/NEWS/NEW...5&v7Pager=1

"As you have no doubt read, it has come to light that a new version of the PS3 will be made available in time for the launch of GTA IV. It is the 40GB model of the console, but it comes bundled with GTA IV. This is a big, big deal. Especially as the package doesn’t cost any more money than the unbundled version of the console.

The deal is only officially announced for a UK release, but we’ve been given the tip-off that Australia will receive the deal too… in fact we’ve heard unconfirmed reports that some retailers are already promoting it. And if it is making it all the way to little ‘ol Oz, then it should hit every other major territory as well.

This is a massive blow for Microsoft, who has already lowered the Xbox 360’s price point in Europe, and paid US$50 million for downloadable content in an attempt to lure the 12 million-odd PS2 owning GTA fans away from the Sony brand. Given the money and marketing that Microsoft has thrown at Rockstar, the console manufacturer may have expected to get some support back from the developer. On the contrary, Rockstar has, deliberately or not, undermined Microsoft’s chances of not only shipping a bucket-load of consoles, but potentially from coming out on top of the console wars."

Do we get a new price cut from MS, in time for the game, I wonder?

Why would they cut the price again? You can already get the console and game for £100 less than the equivalent PS3 deal.

What they missed on was making an official bundle. Ie a proper box with artwork and the game inside it. Big boxes that catch the eye. Price isn't an issue.

Most shops on release will probably be doing the 360 with a free GTA anyway I guess. If zavvi can do it with three games for £209 its not beyond them

I have to say, I've never really understood why there are so few quick n' easy rebrands of existing consoles around the time of big releases. There's something infinitely more appealing in a promo-art box that screams 'this console comes with this amazing game and that's a big deal' than retailers being given license to strap a copy to the front of the existing console box like a cheap giveaway.

It can't be overly expensive to produce some different boxes and would likely lead to a marked increase in sales.

I have to say, I've never really understood why there are so few quick n' easy rebrands of existing consoles around the time of big releases. There's something infinitely more appealing in a promo-art box that screams 'this console comes with this amazing game and that's a big deal' than retailers being given license to strap a copy to the front of the existing console box like a cheap giveaway.

It can't be overly expensive to produce some different boxes and would likely lead to a marked increase in sales.

It's a very shallow visual reason, but you're right. Taking home a massive GTA box would really appeal to those buying a console for GTA

There's something infinitely more appealing in a promo-art box that screams 'this console comes with this amazing game and that's a big deal' than retailers being given license to strap a copy to the front of the existing console box like a cheap giveaway.

Add me over the weekend then, yeah?

Is it true that PS3 bundle is going to be coming out a month after the game releases?

LOL.

No, it comes out on the Tuesday.

All they'd have to do is make a sleeve that slips over the standard box.

Yeah, I'm sure stores will push the consoles, whatever platform, in the way they want too. It'll be interesting to walk into game and see which is being flaunted around the stores more if not equally.

It's a very shallow visual reason, but you're right. Taking home a massive GTA box would really appeal to those buying a console for GTA

It's a very hollow tactic but as you mention, if you're buying a console and you're suitable informed you'll pick up whichever best meets your requirements. If you're not sure one way or the other (say you're buying a console for a friend who's expressed a liking for the GTA titles) you'll take either the cheaper of the two of the one with Nico on the box.

Obviously the former should have the more sway, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm proven wrong.