IGNORED

Post your retro collections/setups here!

Cecil Kay

Ok all done!

Theres still some work to do, and lots of boxed consoles are still homeless.

GamesRoom

Enjoy!

Is there room for a chair in there ?

I think the megadrive stuff looks best on a shelf, the master system the worst.

Have you put all those Playstation games in order by release code yet ?

I think the Gameboy/Gameboy advance collection you have would be hardest to match, as 3 months after release GBA stuff disappears for ever ! and certainly your chance of gettting a mint copy of one.

The only thing that seemed missing were unboxed gameboy stuff - you must have loads !

Is there room for a chair in there ?

I think the megadrive stuff looks best on a shelf, the master system the worst.

Have you put all those Playstation games in order by release code yet ?

I think the Gameboy/Gameboy advance collection you have would be hardest to match, as 3 months after release GBA stuff disappears for ever ! and certainly your chance of gettting a mint copy of one.

The only thing that seemed missing were unboxed gameboy stuff - you must have loads !

Yeah I forgot just how much GB/GBC/GBA stuff i had, until I got it all out of the boxes! The unboxed Gameboy games are on the bottom shelf in clear carry cases next to the MVS stuff

DSCF2246-vi.jpg

Yeah theres room for two of the chairs that I`ve got in the spare room, side by side (just)

Looking very good Martin, is it an Ikea unit the TV and consoles are on? Or something more local?

*laughs* That unit was the first thing I spotted whilst rummaging through those pictures. It looks superb, doesn't it?

I think the (unfortunate) problem with most (if not all) the photos here is that everyone has their collections in a small room, which whilst ideal for storage, makes it hard to take snaps which really give a sense of scale of how large these collections really are.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Actually, most of my stuff is either packed away in boxes, or in cupboards, so the stuff I have out on shelves looks a bit meagre (not that I have masses and masses of it like some of the quality collections here consist of anyway).

Unfortunately the cost of paying for decorating and buying a car has meant some items of mine have had to be sold off over the past couple of years. I still regret selling off my boxed Colecovision, boxed Atari 2600 convetor, boxed steering wheel and boxed games. They looked brand new. Unfortunately paying bills etc were more important :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that if no individual item was worth over £1000 then it would be covered on the standard house insurance, as long as the estimated value of all items was within that mentioned on the policy. I think someone did mention they had a special policy when this last came up, but I can’t for the life of me remember who.

I was told that if no individual item was worth over £1000 then it would be covered on the standard house insurance, as long as the estimated value of all items was within that mentioned on the policy. I think someone did mention they had a special policy when this last came up, but I can’t for the life of me remember who.

I have been told the same thing. As long as my collection is itemised and doesn't exceed the limit on the contents I can claim back on each item individually.

Not that I'd know if anyone actually wlaked off with 50 games here or there.

i know how to upload photos now so here is my stuff, sold quite a chunk recently so there are a few gaps in my bookcases :)

saturn

tower of saturn 1

tower of saturn 2

Nintendo

nintendo 1

Nintendo 2

Nintendo 3

Psone

Main stuff

more PSone

TV's

living room tv

games room tv

Densha

densha

various

upper single display

main display

main bookcase

bookcase 1

bookcase 2

upper bookcase 2

Junk corner

computer

• 1 month later...

I think you win the prize of 'most precariously balanced collection' there. What do you do if you want to get at one of the those GameCube games at the bottom of the pile?

But the pile is wedged in at the roof with a DS box. I thought my stacks were precarious.

Blimey. That does look like a disaster waiting to happen ;)

Seeing these collections does make me think twice about selling all mine off on eBay in a few weeks time.

I am actually going to move house next weekend after months of maybe, maybe not. This means I may have no choice but to sell off most of my collection due to space.

I am actually going to move house next weekend after months of maybe, maybe not. This means I may have no choice but to sell off most of my collection due to space.

It was our house move that convinced me I needed a clearout! When I was packing everything into boxes it hit me just how much I have amassed and how little I actually played (due to time constraints).

I've decided to sell everything other than my SNES and, maybe, my N64 bits. Just because a lot of my cardboard game boxes are immaculate, as I bought them at the time and looked after them, and they would be harder to replace should I regret the clearout.

That said, I sold everything Master System related that I owned last year and haven't missed it at all. So who knows.

The cash generated should also come in handy in our ongoing sorting out of the house and then repaying on the mortgage. The joys of being a homeowner, or at least a homeowner in 30 years ;)