rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
matt!

Bit Generations (GBA)

' date='Aug 18 2006, 06:21 PM' post='3328001']

HAHAHAHA!! My Dotstream and SV are here! Dotstream is amazing :P

I was waiting for Dotstream and Orbital. And today Orbital showed up along with another copy of Coloris. Must have cocked up my order. :)

Suppose I could always give it to my sister. She loves zoo keeper, so this should be alright for her.

Anyway, Dotstream, do I really need to order it as well?

Surely just send it back if it wasn't the game you wanted?

My Digidrive and Dotstream arrived today, and are waiting with my new GBA Micro to be played tomorrow, on my birthday. Excited.

I think Orbital's my favorite (out of that, Dotstream and Soundvoyager). Played it for about an hour at 0500 Wednesday after a horrible deadline crush for work and it was soooo relaxing. They're kind enough to give you loads of lives (or 'planets' - none of your humanoid sized avatars here) so if you do crash into something it's no biggie.

I've asked before but...

Soundvoyager - any recommendations viz headphones? Are there Nintendo official ones? What are the JPN Elektroplankton ones like?

The electroplankton ones are shite. I have a pair of these Sonys, which are ok for the price.

On Dotstream, i'm really, really hating the fourth track on the 2nd GP (the gp on the top). REALLY hating it. It's kind of spoiling the game for me. In fact, i'm pretty much hating the concept of 'lives' full stop.

Ordered 4 of the blighters. :)

And they've just arrived. Had a quick blast on Dotstream - nice. Would like a fast start though...

Next up is one of Soundvoyager, Digidrive or Orbital. Mmm. Decisions, decisions.

The last couple of GPs get really tough in Dotstream, but you can cheekily switch off if you don't get the finish you want - it saves your progress in the races up to that point, allowing you to essentially replay tracks until you get the desired result. It makes it a lot easier to win the championships and see everything. The last track in the Tachyon GP is mental - three laps of loads of wobbly boxes inside unavoidable slowdown fuzz. Fun, though, and I love the way the lines all look streaming over and under each other.

Hmm. Just tried Soundvoyager and Orbital.

SV I like, but am on the second level (slalom) and seem to fail every time :)

Oribital, I think I'm getting to grips with, but I think I'm missing something. Delicacy, probably.

Ah shit. I just ordered the lot from yesasia! :lol:

I don't think I could live with not having the complete collection of something like this. I'll either get them all, or none at all. I'm an idiot, I know.

The last couple of GPs get really tough in Dotstream, but you can cheekily switch off if you don't get the finish you want - it saves your progress in the races up to that point, allowing you to essentially replay tracks until you get the desired result. It makes it a lot easier to win the championships and see everything.

Thanks for the tip, it should make it a bit easier. I'm still a bit ticked off with the difficulty though. I've tried practicing the race i'm having trouble with and I can barely get over the line, let alone get a decent place. The way the lines push you further when you steer into them adds a whole other level of difficulty, which at the moment is beyond me. I'm so bloody middlecore :lol:

I SHALL prevail though. Oh yes.

Fondue: there's a decent looking faq up on gamefaqs for Sound Voyager.

Thanks for the tip, it should make it a bit easier. I'm still a bit ticked off with the difficulty though. I've tried practicing the race i'm having trouble with and I can barely get over the line, let alone get a decent place. The way the lines push you further when you steer into them adds a whole other level of difficulty, which at the moment is beyond me. I'm so bloody middlecore :(

I SHALL prevail though. Oh yes.

On a lot of tracks being outside the top two or three makes things much more difficult for exactly the reason you mention (riding over existing trails makes you move further off a nice economical direct line) so sometimes it's a good idea to use a boost early-ish (end of lap 1?) just to get to some clearer track. It's risky, obviously, but on the tracks with mostly slowy-down fuzz stuff (not sure what to call it) rather than killy-box things it's a pretty safe tactic. It's usually easier to do well when you get nearer the front, the only disadvantage being fewer other racers around to take out any obstacles. I'm not sure the speed increase from slipstreaming other racers is always vital, either: usually they take inefficient lines somewhere, or crash a bit, or you can use the power-ups to catch up. I don't generally find I get caught when I get a lead, anyway, and there's nobody to slipstream then. So don't worry too much if you sometimes like a route none of the other racers take.

So, Series 1 and Series 2 are all out now, so I should be able to get them all for about £80 from...?

So, Series 1 and Series 2 are all out now, so I should be able to get them all for about £80 from...?

Yes Asia, definitely. Play-Asia are charging £3 more per game, plus you'll likely be hit with import charges.

I ordered the full set from Yes-Asia on Friday. They were sitting on my desk when I arrived in the office this mornig. Luckily they sent them in a box rather than an evelope like they did with other people, so they are in perfect condition. The boxes do look lovely, I hope they play as well.

Digidrive, then.

Best.

Thing.

Ever.

Corrected ^ ^

Give it time... it's a grower... and then it consumes your life.

you can use the power-ups to catch up.

I know pressing R gives you a power boost but how do you use the power-ups you collect during the race ???

I hate this forum

Just ordered the lot of these, I hate missing out on the few that sound brilliant, but then I'm anal enough to need to whole set!

Give it time... it's a grower... and then it consumes your life.

I'm sure it will (Coloris left me with a bemused, serene feeling and I found it really hard to stop playing), but what the hell do you have to do? I stacked soome triangles and made a big triangle... and... x2... more triangles... confusion.

:ph34r:

I ordered the full set from Yes-Asia on Friday. They were sitting on my desk when I arrived in the office this mornig. Luckily they sent them in a box rather than an evelope like they did with other people, so they are in perfect condition. The boxes do look lovely, I hope they play as well.

I've ordered mine with free shipping, and after a bit of faffing about thanks to my connection playing up in the middle of a Paypal transaction, they've all been "ready to dispatch" for most of today. At the latest I should have them by a week today. :ph34r:

Orbital is great. Think I like it better than Coloris for now. And I've ordered Dotstream along with Digidrive. Somewhow I suspect I'll end up with all of them in the end. Even that rubbish one.

Dot Stream has somehow managed to remind me of a nightmare I had a long time ago. I don't think I can play it now.

I played Sound Voyager on the way to work today without taking it out of my pocket.

Wonder if it's possible to play this game sitting at your desk at work - ultimate stealth videogaming...

I should get this for my stealth black micro. :unsure:

Does anyone know how when the score mode in Coloris ends? I've worked through the basic and advanced levels, and had a go at the first score level, but it just seems to go on and on.

Dotstream finally arrived. It's a bit good, yes.

I've now ordered Orbital and Digidrive.

Sound Voyager sounds very interesting, but I know I'd never bother to play it after the first go.