IGNORED

Bit Generations (GBA)

matt!

Nintendo are releasing a number of budget games (2000Y, £10 each at yes-asia). Release dates are staggered by two weeks, mid- and late-July, for series 1 and 2.

They all look gloriously lo-fi and seriously fun in an old-school sort of way. And most feature really nice music/visual syncing. Some are action based, some are puzzle based, all innovative.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bit_g/index.html

movie http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/bit_g/movie/index.html

http://bit-g.jp

matt

series 1

bo_01.gifbo_02.gifbo_03.gif

Is this what became of Digitylish?

I believe so. Why sell one game when you can sell seven! :)

Still tempted to buy one or two mind, but only when I know which of them arn't crap (Boundish in particular looks incredibly rubbish).

I'm wondering how these games will control.. Some of the games look like they utilise the tilt sensor from Made in Wario, others (like dot stream) I have no idea how they are played..

Looks interesting though! :) And would look LOVELY on the DS lite screens.. :)

Loads of screenies here:

http://watch.impress.co.jp/GAME/docs/20060601/bit.htm

dotstream

race your dot along a course avoiding obstacles and hitting speed ups. the simplest racer ever?

bit02.jpg

dialhex

rotate pieces of a hex to make combox. hex-tetris-attack sort of thing.

bit15.jpg

orbital

bizarre collect-the-planets-em-up. i love the look of this one

bit25.jpg

Again, £10ish at yes-asia. I'll be buying all except Boundish and Colors.

I don't really get the point. Ninty are already releasing a compilation of basic sports games utilising the Wii AND at a budget price.

These aren't sports games, they're not for the Wii and they're out "now".

matt

On the other hand, what a ripoff. And having to swap cartridges when the games would no doubt all fit onto one is just ridiculous. A flash card seems to be in order.

Aye. I have a flash cart, and have been wanting to use it with something while waiting for the Mother 3 patch to come out. Have these little babies been uploaded somewhere? Might be time to board the Black Pearl and go sailing the seven digital seas searching for such buried treasure. Yar and a bottle o' rum!

More importantly, do they actually work?

The ROMs of the NES Mini Collection games wouldn't work on emulator or flash cart, for some odd reason.

EDIT:

It appears they're not out yet... according to GameFAQs' release dates. Anyhoo, I'll wait a while and see what people say.

Aye. I have a flash cart, and have been wanting to use it with something while waiting for the Mother 3 patch to come out. Have these little babies been uploaded somewhere? Might be time to board the Black Pearl and go sailing the seven digital seas searching for such buried treasure. Yar and a bottle o' rum!

More importantly, do they actually work?

The ROMs of the NES Mini Collection games wouldn't work on emulator or flash cart, for some odd reason.

EDIT:

It appears they're not out yet... according to GameFAQs' release dates. Anyhoo, I'll wait a while and see what people say.

On a related note... have a wee bash at the new Pirates of the Carribean game for the GBA... it's quite the rather-good old'skool Prince of Persia clone.

But yeah they're not out yet (at least not on the scene) but they're probably going to be the last decent GBA releases for quite some time... at least until Pirate Battle comes out. God I can't wait for Pirate Battle.

Look at it :

928487_20050527_screen001.jpg

Gorgeous...

And aye, Bit Generations, that little steer the pixel one looks quite alright.

I keep visiting Orbital Media's site in the hope of any news on Pirate Battle, but there doesn't appear to be any updates etc. As for Bit Generations, are they likely to be a short print run ? I can't decide whether to get on & order them or hope that they might get a Western release.

But yeah they're not out yet (at least not on the scene) but they're probably going to be the last decent GBA releases for quite some time... at least until Pirate Battle comes out. God I can't wait for Pirate Battle.

Look at it :

928487_20050527_screen001.jpg

Gorgeous...

OMG! :angry:

That looks stupidly awesome. With GBA releases drying up, I totally missed out on any kind of news regarding this. Many thanks for the info! Release date is 4th quarter, 2006, right?

Otherwise, the only other interesting GBA release is either the official English Mother 3 release, or it's unnoficial translation patch. :D

EDIT:

Interview with the guy behind Pirate Battle here, for those now interested in it:

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/20...w-nick-hutcheon

Is anyone else getting some serious Star Control 2 vibes after reading that? Exploring a giant map, on the high seas, looking for adventure, while have 2D battles? I'm now quite excited about this. :D

These aren't sports games, they're not for the Wii and they're out "now".

matt

:buries head.gif:

Priate Battle sounds good BTW.

Offtopic I'm kinda hoping hope HOT PXL will be a similar idea - lots of silly but fun lil' games.

• 2 weeks later...