IGNORED

Boot-o-rama July 1st and 2nd

McBacon

What happened to this topic? No worries, July is in full swing meaning having to stop off for drinks halfway round, being covered in sun cream and falling to the ground a few feet from your car in a heat induced faint, smothered by bags of SNES carts.

So what did you cool cats get?

I have picked up a nice little Ecco the Dolphin, Tides of Time - complete for a measly £1, and then for two smackeroonies, a boxed Super Scope. Might bung that on the bay, might not, its kinda cool.

Get posting!

Got me a unboxed n64 with black controller and no games for a fiver. Not sure why actually ;) The guy I bought it from was selling tons of old computer parts. Twenty odd cdroms and a stack of 8gb hard drives. Oh and 50 odd motherboards of various types, including a slot1/2 board with cpu!

Also got xmen 1.5 and the office series 1 for £3 each

So far...

Boxed dreamcast with 2 games £3

Rogue Squadron 3 GC £3

Logitech Force feedback steering wheel PS2 £10

Sat/PS1 light gun £1

Plus on Thu/Fri I had

2 Dreamcasts complete £9

Megacd 2 + MD + 2 Nes's £10

Good one so far another 2 boots to go

EDIT

Got a boxed Jaguar with AVP for £5 and a game gear with a tv tuner and 8 games for £10

One more boot to go

Pretty good bootage today

Teeken 3 - £3.50

Ridge Racer - 50p

PS2 snoboarding thingy (made by 4gamers) - £2

Resivoir Dogs VHS (allready have this on DVD, i bought it just for the cover ;)) - 50p

Animal Farm book - 50p

Sin City - £3.50 :(:(:(

Nothing much today. A single loose NES cart (Bugs Bunny platform game) and a Dreamcast for £4 which I picked up for a friend who is after a cheap DC as a spare.

dude what was the full name of that game? was it one of the crazy castles??

Thunder and lightning here! :(

;) were did you live?? its fucking scorcing over here

Also is it just me or have there been alot more DVDs showing in boots recentlly? Last year all I saw was the occasional stand selling a cople of shit b movies, but theres loads of people selling like 30ish of them at there stall :(

Genesis - Selling England by the pound (very good condition) £1.50

Sonic and Knuckles MD (boxed) £1

Lemmings 3D £1.50

PsOne + 3 mint official controllers including 2 white and one translucent purple one £5

Turned down an unboxed Xbox for £40 and a boxed Asian Megadrive for £15, and a few other bits that were too pricey....

I got a nice warm feeling by not asking any of the sellers what they had. I made sure I left plenty of stuff for the late commers and those that complain about us collectors snaffling everything.

Genesis - Selling England by the pound (very good condition) £1.50

Sonic and Knuckles MD (boxed) £1

Lemmings 3D £1.50

PsOne + 3 mint official controllers including 2 white and one translucent purple one £5

Turned down an unboxed Xbox for £40 and a boxed Asian Megadrive for £15, and a few other bits that were too pricey....

Hey man I was talking to you at the Ilkley boot sale, I was gonna ask if you were on these forums but I had to rush off to work, was 5 mins late :S

But I got Point Blank 3 (bit scratched) but hey £1, Scorpion light gun £2, Super Gameboy 20p!!!!!! and a Gameboy colour for £1

Hey man I was talking to you at the Ilkley boot sale, I was gonna ask if you were on these forums but I had to rush off to work, was 5 mins late :S

But I got Point Blank 3 (bit scratched) but hey £1, Scorpion light gun £2, Super Gameboy 20p!!!!!! and a Gameboy colour for £1

Good find that. I will admit to being a bit jealous, but i'm glad you got it over some of the other people there whom I shall not mention ;):(

I generally look for lp's as well as games so I probably miss out on some goodies, but there are so many hawks looking for records that I might switch back to full-on game hunting again.

Last ben rhydding sale is on the 16th, you'll be a bit stuck after then mate? I'l probably keep on going to the Yeadon booty I told you about.

I'm impressed you even bothered walking into work after the booty, i would have been tempted to bail home instead and play point blank 3 :(

Well i had a decent weekend. Plenty of stuff for myself and to shift on. Games appear to be drying up it seems around my area. I've moved on to other things to fund my habits.

My HDTV fund certainly got a boost today.

2 Numarks decks and a mixer for £15? Oh my, yes, it would be rude not too.

Great LP, that.

Got Nursery Crymes yet? That's my favourite Genesis record.

My Dad has a copy which he doesn't want so I will give it a listen, first impressions of selling england were excellent...

Still no Pink Floyd for me though, besides a single I got for 20p last week. Was it a rare one? No, it was Another Brick In the Wall, it was in nice condition at least

OMG how hot was it on sunday!! Went to my two local ones (say local, their about 15miles away) and the Dunton one has the biggest haul.

Managed to pick up :

2x Sega Saturn Games - 25p each - 3D Lemmmings & (curse monday moring, forgot the name, sorry)

Mega Drive + 8 games - £2.60

Binatone console £1 (always seen these, wanted to know what they looked like link)

I passes up on a tatty looking Atari 2600 with 5 games (nothing boxed) for £20!!. As well as a nicely boxed N64 with no games for £15. I got my hopes up when I saw a Starwing box that comes with the rumble pack, whilst making small talk with the seller I opened the box and too my horror it was empty. Thought I had my first great find of the morning. Also passed up on one of those yellow space invader games for £4 as the controller was knackered. Link

An example of old ppl selling stuff that goes in reverse (ie, not getting stuff dirt cheap but extortionatly expensive) a N64 with now power pack, £12, 4xN64 games £5 each.

Also, in hind sight I should not have passed up on them, as I found the console for the games later was a box of amiga games for 50p each, 3x lemmings game, rise of the robots and some others. Doh!

At my second boot sale I found a box containing a C64 as well as an Amiga with screen, a box of discs and some original games. Seller wanted £25 for the lot and after 4hours or so in the boiling sun I could not be arsed to haggle. They didn't seem the type to go lower anyway.

All in all a nice day out, 1.5L of water drank and prompty perspired out. Feet left sore but that 'aaah' good feeling at the end of it all.

Will post a pic later tonight with the loot.

Was a scorcher where I was today - managed to pick up this lot despite the heat.

PS1:

Metal Gear Solid: £1.50

Metal Gear Solid (Platinum Version): £1

Metal Gear Solid Extra Missions: £1

Silent Hill: £1

Railroad Tycoon II: £1

Command and Conquer Red Alert: £1

Heart of Darkness: £1

PS2:

Silent Hill 2 - 2 Disc Collectors Edition: £3

Metal Gear Solid 2: £2

Devil May Cry: £2

Megadrive:

Pac Panic - cmplete: 50p

Sonic 1 & 2 - both complete: £2

N64:

N64 with two controllers, Power lead, RF and Scart leads £5

Duke Nukem 64, Doom 64, Zelda OOT, Diddy Kong Racing and Mario 64 (loose): £5 the lot

Only bought this lot so i can work my way through Mario 64 at long last :)

PC:

Big box versions of....

Theme Hospital, Pandemonium, Aladdin and Jack Nicklaus Golf 4: £2 the lot

N64, two controllers (one red one blue), official memory card, official rumble pack, import converter and 13 games (Goldeneye, Mario, F-Zero X, Mission Impossible, The World is Not Enough, SCARS, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie, FIFA 98, Turok 2, Zelda, Quake 2, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire) for £2.

That's TWO ENGLISH POUNDS.

N64, two controllers (one red one blue), official memory card, official rumble pack, import converter and 13 games (Goldeneye, Mario, F-Zero X, Mission Impossible, The World is Not Enough, SCARS, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo Kazooie, FIFA 98, Turok 2, Zelda, Quake 2, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire) for £2.

How!!!!! thats madness! who on earth would sell all that for £2, most sellers I see at boot sales seem to price things up depending on their size, "if its big it must be worth alot of money". well done

You lucky git :):):)

I really think that without pictures these threads become pointless :) I could quite easily list out a load of pretend games that I had bought and without a pic of the goods it could be al lies! So come on folks, make the effort, it doesnt have to be the greatest pic, just proof that you have bought what you say!

If I was going to lie, I'd say that I found a copy of Radiant Silvergun AND a Skeleton Saturn to play it on for 50p. Or something. :)

The reason I got the machine to cheaply was because the seller had been given it by a relation who was moving out of the country. The 'car boot' in question was to raise money for a local pre-school (and before anyone starts booing and hissing at me for ripping off little kids, it was only the cash taken at the door that went into the pot - the sellers kept their profits).

I was there early as I had a stall myself. I eyed the console and games and asked how much, and the seller asked me to make an offer. I declined and said I couldn't be the buyer and the seller (not really, but I would have loved to have said that), so then she said 'how about a couple of quid?' like I was going to spit in her face at the outrage. To be fair she did say she'd never plugged it in, so there was an element of danger there and you can't fault her for being honest about it, but for the games alone it was worth £2, and the pads were in good order too. Needless to say when I got it home everything worked fine - the carts needed a bit of a clean on the contacts (the console had been in storage for some time by the looks of things) but I was happily playing Goldeneye last night.

So there you have it! I'd post photos but I'm at work. And anyway - if I don't have a photograph of me actually handing over the £2, what's to say a photo would make you believe me anyway? :)

Dont think he didnt believe you as such, just that it always nice to see the items people talk about in this thread - kinda miakes it more 'real'. Although i cant talk as i've not put a pic with mine, am at work now nut will sort one later.

PS: I bet the 1933 penny you got in the change was nice :):):) (no tongue in cheek smiley availbale lol)

I really think that without pictures these threads become pointless :) I could quite easily list out a load of pretend games that I had bought and without a pic of the goods it could be al lies! So come on folks, make the effort, it doesnt have to be the greatest pic, just proof that you have bought what you say!

Oh here we go, back to the 2002 "you lie" threads.......

whats to stop me pulling stuff out of the old personal collection and photographing that?