IGNORED

Sony: MS copy everything we do

The Liberal Elite

They don't copy everything though do they? Sony are pioneering 1080p, daft pricetags and giant enemy crabs.

they cant copyright the crabs, theyre from a real historical battle

That can't be true.

In fact, using the PS2 pad with PC games proves that it isn't.

Except for the d-pad. ;)

it is true apparantly, according to several programmer type sources (that i'l now go and look for underneath some rolled over crabs on the internet).

Do you have access to an Xbox dev kit? Enter the Controller application on the laucher and you'll be able to see a real time (Weapon Change!!!11) representation of what each button is doing and their sensitivity. Just tapping the pad itself, without hitting a button, shows the sticks are actually responding. I think it has around 255 different sample points, with the lower end (1-10) responding from the slightest of touches. I haven't seen this application on the 360 dev kits but I'm guessing the 360 pad is just as sensitive.

I know you weren't saying they're exactly the same, I just think that there will be a marked difference. 360 pads feel solid too, which is something PS2 pads never have.

I copied someone the other day. They were walking down the street using two legs, so I thought I would try it.

It works, too !

I'm afraid that method of locomotion has been patented by Bipedal Inc. You'll have to stick to skipping if you don't want to pay for a licence.

The fanboy in me likes the way Sony have basically become a big joke.

And the Dual Shock controller is terrible, and hasn't been great since day 1.

And saying that MS stole Sony's pad design is a bit dodgy... when Sony stole analog sticks from the N64, and the core pad design from the SNES. The 360 has as much in common with the Xbox/DC pad as it does the Dual Shock.

Everyone rips everyone else off in this industry. The fact that Sony are moaning about it, especially when they've just come out of the Immersion thing + blatant motion sensing and internet service rip offs = massive damage!

Riiiiiiidge Raaaccerrr!

Twin sticks are straight of the razor-blade book of design.

Ken: "So, how are we going to show that the Playstation is better than the current market leader?"

Jeff: "Well, the SNES pad has two shoulder buttons, so maybe we could have... four?"

Ken: "That's what we pay you for Jeff. Have a promotion."

Ken: "Oh no! The N64 has an analogue stick. How can we hope to compete?"

Jeff: "Er, two analogue sticks?"

Ken: "I love you Jeff."

And saying that MS stole Sony's pad design is a bit dodgy... when Sony stole analog sticks from the N64, and the core pad design from the SNES. The 360 has as much in common with the Xbox/DC pad as it does the Dual Shock.

Sega Saturn! etc.

Careful, with those kinds of comments. The Sony thought police who are on the forum will have been alerted to your treachery…

Sony just need to bring out a Konix style chair to complete the humiliation. (which i feel a bit shameful in saying after having 3 sony games in my last gen top 10).

Genuine LOL :D

A joke thats sold DOUBLE the amount of all the competing consoles COMBINED (thats 2 machines versus 5 fact fans)

they flipped the competion over for MASSIVE DAMAGE...

anyway - this stuff is frankly bonkers. I've no idea what Sony is on but, of course, it all works - they talk a good game and, to the folks it matters, it works just fine.

The dual sticks thing tho - it's very wilkinson/gillette in a spinal tap way... gillette have 3 blades, wilkinson have 4 - it's one louder! However, to hand it to Sony, two analogue sticks was a genuinely good idea for 3d games. Nintendo had the digital c-buttons, they knew they needed camera control - was it simply cost reasons that prevented nintendo shoving 3 analogue sticks onto the n64 pad?