IGNORED

Game & Watch for the DS

Anadim

Nintendo of Japan has just announced that they will be featuring a Game & Watch compilation for the Nintendo DS exclusively for members of "Club Nintendo." In every Japanese Nintendo game you purchase there are inserts with codes for a certain number of Club Nintendo points and if you accrue 500 of these points you can get this compilation! The first compilation features three games, Donkey Kong, Oil Panic, and Greenhouse. No word yet on a US release or any regular Japanese commercial release.

link here

gameandwatchheadlinenewsisde.jpg

Apart from the amazing boxart, I don't know if I am really interested in it, it might depend on the price though.

link here

gameandwatchheadlinenewsisde.jpg

Apart from the amazing boxart, I don't know if I am really interested in it, it might depend on the price though.

Why do the Japanese get all the good stuff, and we get utter shite with the crappy Stars catalogue? Not fair. Not fair at all.

EDIT: how many points is a DS Lite worth? Might see if I can locate some kind resident of the Far East to register the points for me, for a small fee natch.

The DS is perfect for an ultimate Game & Watch Gallery, and then they come with... this. The boxart is amazing, but I expected more. ;)

yeah 3 tiny games squeezed into one DS cart. Fuck me they're pushing the boat out. Probably why it's not a commercial release.

I've been playing the Gameboy game and watch collections recently.

They're staggeringly simple, yet very addictive. Very nicely designed games.

My one complaint is the two screen games had to be squeezed into the single gameboy screen.

They'd be great on the DS. Of course, there's no way in hell I'd ever pay full price for it though. I don't like them THAT much.

I live in Japan and I'm just three(!) codes short of getting the lovely beauty... If anybody's got any Japanese games you could sure make my happy by pming me the codes ;)

-Jools

How much is a DS Lite worth - is that the equivalent of 2 or 3 perhaps? I've got an Enamel Navy one, but the codes are at home. Which part of the thing is the code? I can PM you tomorrow maybe.

Damn. I was reading a Japanese website announcing this (about a week ago, you chaps are so behind the times ;) ), and I saw those three games mentioned. But I couldn't work out if the package was only those three games, or if they were simply highlighting those three because people liked them.

I see now it's just those three. :P

That's pathetic. They're doing the same BS they always do. Yeah I realise it's a Nintendo Club freebie, but it doesn't matter. They have the potential here to create not only a historical item, but something really fun, by including each and every single Game&Watch they ever developed, perfectly emulated with the DS' two screens, and maybe even putting in a little history page for each one. It would have been a bit like WarioWare, and I'd happily buy one that had all the games on it.

This is dissapointing.

Also, look at it this way. This could be seen as a sign for how they will treat their Wii download service. Every single corporate decision Nintendo makes, seems geared to generate them maximum profits, whilst annoying their customer base to the maximum potential. Maximum profits are fine (and expected), but don't piss off your customers.

I wouldn't be surprised if this 3-game package launched in the UK for £30.

Damn. I was reading a Japanese website announcing this (about a week ago, you chaps are so behind the times ;) ), and I saw those three games mentioned. But I couldn't work out if the package was only those three games, or if they were simply highlighting those three because people liked them.

That's pathetic. They're doing the same BS they always do. Yeah I realise it's a Nintendo Club freebie, but it doesn't matter. They have the potential here to create not only a historical item, but something really fun, by including each and every single Game&Watch they ever developed, perfectly emulated with the DS' two screens, and maybe even putting in a little history page for each one. It would have been a bit like WarioWare, and I'd happily buy one that had all the games on it.

This is dissapointing.

Also, look at it this way. This could be seen as a sign for how they will treat their Wii download service. Every single corporate decision Nintendo makes, seems geared to generate them maximum profits, whilst annoying their customer base to the maximum potential. Maximum profits are fine (and expected), but don't piss off your customers.

Nintendo have ALWAYS been about maximising profit though. It just so happens that they make some fucking good games that we're more than happy to buy. Yeah this pisses me off too, but it doesn't surprise me.

This is dissapointing.

It's a freebie.

It's a freebie.

This is dissapointing.

I agree with Szczep, the DS is perfect for an 'Ultimate Game & Watch Gallery'.

I agree with Szczep, the DS is perfect for an 'Ultimate Game & Watch Gallery'.

Precisely. I want the 'Ultimate Game & Watch Gallery' too. ;)

Especially considering some of their G&W games go for like over a £100 now. Do you think this is maybe just testing the water? Damn, now I have an urge to play some Zelda G&W for some stupid reason. Wish I hadn't sold it now.

(and on that note, collectors better start selling their wares, because I forsee a possible drop in value if they ever release the ultimate pack :P )