N64 is 10 years OLD

momomo

Wooooh, to me thats even bigger than being at the first public showing of Star Wars.

I was lucky enough to be at the spaceworld launch Shoshinkai 95. The amazing thing was that Mario 64 was shown complete as a total surprise. There'd been no pre-publicity, no announcements and certainly no screenshots. And there it was, a gaming revolution.

Apparently, some Sony Execs were claiming that the visuals were being generated by a high-end graphics workstation.

I got mine on launch and loved it too, but come on, let's not go nuts. Are you really trying to tell me that you think Goldeneye is still the best FPS ever made?

It still is. It has the most perfectly judged difficulty curve in any game, ever.

I paid £1 for my N64 last year. It was in the bargain bin of the local indie game store.

Had to get Synchronated to lend me a RAM pack and a controller, as it didn't come with any. Still a bargain, though. I've since picked up ISS98 (also from Synch), Mario 64, Pilotwings and Mario Kart 64. Absolute quality.

I bought mine after seeing the tv adverts for Perfect Dark. Man, it looked so awesome. We hooked-up the surround sound and had some mad co-op action. I never properly got on with the controller though, and spent weeks holding it completely wrong :unsure:

Really liked Excitebike and 1080 too

I loved the N64 - It simply had some of the finest games ever on it

I'm glad that someone else has mentioned the brilliance of 1080 - it was mesmerisingly good

Remember playing Mario 64 and shrieking in delight

I was though disappointed with the lack of third party support. After the days of the SNES it was hugely disappointing that the likes of Capcom, Konami, Square etc coldshouldered it

Let's hope the Wii gets the magic back for Nintendo

At Sturgess's ?

I did the same!

:ph34r:

Damn straight.

I just had to buy one after that. I just looked amazing. I think GE was the only game I had for ages. Shame I never liked Mario 64. I remember seeing for the first time - a jap version in the old Gamestation in Leeds (before it crossed over the road) and thinking it looked cool and that i'd not seem anything like that on a console before. Still didn't like it though :(