Danny Boyle - Sunshine

Goose

Watched this film pretty recently and thought it was utterly fantastic.

The build up of tension and atmosphere was amazing and made the slight degeneration into a slasher forgivable. It's the sort of film thats best watched on your own in the dark I reckon, to really get that sense of other-worldly isolation.

It's looking really unlikely. There's a fan-made rip of the music from the DVD but it's not exactly perfect.

Downloaded this the other day. If its the one thats mentioned a few pages back it consists of 20 tracks

Not overly keen on most of it after a few listens but the tracks that have been titled "What Do You See" and "The Surface of The Sun" are absolutely brilliant and worth the download alone. Bit too many sound effects tho' so i would like an official release.

Tempted to get the film on Bluray (presuming its out and UK PS3 friendly!) as it should look fantastic

Tempted to get the film on Bluray (presuming its out and UK PS3 friendly!) as it should look fantastic

It is out in the UK. Out in the US on 8 January, with extra fancy special features. But knowing those cunts at Fox, it will probably be region locked despite already having a release outside the US.

Having seen it and not overly-enjoyed the Pinbacker bits, I have to say I'm keen to see it again now. Obviously the soundtrack is one of the best around, which helps, but there is something about it that captures some of the human condition - the way Mace is intent on saving the mission no matter what, or how fear drives people to do things even though there is no hope for them. And despite some of the shots not really showing too much due to heat haze/glare/whatever, there is something quite beautiful about it.

Far, far better than 28 Days Later, at any rate.

• 5 months later...

Oh man, I'm too lazy to type it out myself so here's the luelinks page;

Sunshine (2007) OST (FLAC and V0) (The real movie soundtrack)

Description: From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_%282007_film%29#Score

Despite high praise for the score from many fans of the film, a soundtrack for the film is still yet to be officially released, in part due to 'disputes' between the lawyers of Underworld and Fox Searchlight.[41] A soundtrack was still widely expected to be eventually released, until the film's producer Andrew Macdonald stated in a fansite interview that the soundtrack was "stuck" and that there were "no plans to release" it.[42]

However despite there being no plans for an official release, apparently John Murphy has sent out copies of the CD to various individuals. One happens to be on waffles. For waffles users, the topic can be seen here:

http://waffles.fm/forum/9/8084/index.html

Noteable quotes from the topic:

"The one uploaded here right now, is a fake. It's a fan compiled audio rip from the DVD[...] As far as I know, no legit soundtrack exists right now.

It sounds good and all, but it's pissing me off that it's not the real deal. This version has been floating around P2P sites for a while."

"Sounds incredible, especially without those sound effects like in the unofficial score"

A user seeded the CD in FLAC and V0 (I downloaded the FLAC version and converted it myself to V0 using dbpoweramp).

FLAC

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=300LI220

V0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C7YX2XNU

Tracklisting

01 - Capa's Jump

02 - Sunshine

03 - Mercury

04 - Major Theme

05 - Kaneda's Death pt.2

06 - Mace Dies

07 - Capa Suits Up

08 - Searle's Last Blast

09 - Elegy

10 - Cassie Searches - Dead Corazon

11 - Kaneda's Death pt.1

12 - Freezing Outside

13 - Pinbacker Slashes Capa

14 - Freezing Inside

15 - Corazon Finds The Seedling

16 - Floating Free

17 - Scooter - Nightmare

18 - Escaping the Icarus 2

One of my favorite movie soundtracks, if anything goes down, tell me and I'll re-up it as soon as possible. Enjoy!

:angry:

p.s. I assume it's ok to post these links, seeing as there's not going to be an offical release etc.

This is being shown on Sky Movies Premiere from Saturday. For those that still haven't seen it you must watch it. It's brilliant.

The first 70% is brilliant, then it becomes fucking rubbish. Like much of Boyles stuff in fact :angry:

It's such a shame they haven't sorted this out. I've got the Icarus I distress signal as my ringtone...

Thats gotta be one of the coolest ringtones I've ever heard of.

I love that sound in the movie. hope my sentence structure is ok for you :lol::D

Guys, seriously, I bawled my fucking eyes out watching this.

It makes me emotional in way I can barely describe.

I love it.

While I've never cried when watching it, it is one of my favourite films. I even quite like the slasher bits after listening to the scientist guy's commentary, and at it's best the film's like a modern day 2001.

Guys, seriously, I bawled my fucking eyes out watching this.

It makes me emotional in way I can barely describe.

I love it.

It does tend to beat you down in the finale. I think it was Roger Ebert who wrote that the lasting emotion from the movie is complete loneliness.

I wonder what the Major Theme was going to be used for?

I just watched this on SkyHD (If you've got it, it's on Anytime at the moment, prior to the standard PremierHD broadcast)

Great movie. Fucking awesome opening scene. But I found it deeply unsettling. I don't know if that's because I was up until 4am on the pop last night though. I did wonder if the effects towards the end were to disguise some dodgy RealWorldTM costume effects.

I personally loved the ending. I was a bit "hold up there" about the fact they could stop a ship flying at 29000mph in less than a day in order to dock with Icarus1 though. But when you're talking about setting off all the fissile material from Earth to re-ignite the sun, I guess you can't be too picky.

I just watched this on SkyHD (If you've got it, it's on Anytime at the moment, prior to the standard PremierHD broadcast)

Great movie. Fucking awesome opening scene. But I found it deeply unsettling. I don't know if that's because I was up until 4am on the pop last night though. I did wonder if the effects towards the end were to disguise some dodgy RealWorldTM costume effects.

Apparently that's exactly what they were for. :lol:

I personally loved the ending. I was a bit "hold up there" about the fact they could stop a ship flying at 29000mph in less than a day in order to dock with Icarus1 though. But when you're talking about setting off all the fissile material from Earth to re-ignite the sun, I guess you can't be too picky.

The scientist guy's commentary does a great job explaining the science behind the show, and when and why they bent the rules on occasion. It's genuinely fascinating, and it does put fourth a plausible reason for the state of the Sun and the method of saving it. It's something about a certain theoretical particle getting "stuck" in the sun, causing the fusion reactions to break down. The massive nuke was an attempt to "dislodge" it.