IGNORED

Boot Sales 17-18th June

Rev

Don't bother is all I can say. For some reason, this weekend just doesn't seem to be happening boot wise. There was very few people at mine, and that means buyers and sellers. The only thing I picked up was a NTSC U copy of Metal gear solid 2: Substance for £3.

I saw a loose 32X, the guy said it was broken but I could have it for £2 for spares. I put it down as I don't have another broken one to try and fix, and he told me that I didn't know what it was worth :D

Would you have bought it?

Was going to go but didn't get to bed until half one and didn't fancy getting by on five hours sleep. Quite glad I didn't now by the sounds of things!

Alright for some...i was in bed for 12:30 and up for 4 o'clock...i'm knackered...

:D

My local boot sale was pretty big again today. Bought a few bits:

Boxed Sega Master System Super Set (the one with the 3D glasses, light phaser, 2 pads etc), very nice condition with 12 boxed games - £25

Bunch of minty PS1 games for £1 each including Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9, Resident Evil Directors Cut, Jumping Flash, Civilization 2 and Atari collection 2

8 boxed Dreamcast games, fishing rod, 2 light guns, official pad and 2 VMUs - £5 the lot

Pair of Sega Saturn virtua guns - £2

Gun and Call of Duty 2 for XBox - £5 each

Intellivision Lives for PS2 - £1

Magicaldrop

Someone is going to ruin this brilliant thread with a "I got ace stuff!" styleee post aren't they?

Like this........

dscn09405gn.th.jpg

only kidding, :D here's what i really got...

dscn09413vn.th.jpg

Bongos £3

SNES +Speccy games £10

Lightpen £2

Looping for Colecovision (my first ever Colecovision find at a booty!!) 20p

FF VII 50p

Master System Games

Double Dragon

Desert Strike

Pac-Mania

50p each

Sonic The Hedgehog Chaos

Mortal Kombat

Champions Of Europe

The Cyber Shinobi

Wimbledon

Speedball 2

Thunder Blade

Battle Out Run

Super Monaco GP (missing Cover)

Winter Olympics

After Burner

Tennis Ace

£2 the lot...they also came with a Sega Menacer reciever in the bottom of the box :D

Boxed Philips Videopac G7000 and 10 boxed games, £15. More than i wanted to pay but after the last few crap weeks i was desperate and determined not to go home empty handed ;).

Boxed N64, Goldeneye and F1 World Grand Prix, official rumble pack. £8

Boxed N64, Super Mario 64, £12. I bought this one for myself as its in really lovely nick and will be finding a place in my collection!.

MotoGP 06 (360), 2x 12 months Gold Live Subscriptions. All new and sealed, £40.

Got me a japanese mega drive (double switched) with hellfire and and crackdown (both boxed complete) for £10. Now to find a tv in the house that will cope with a ntsc rf signal ;)

Saw a boxed n64 with about 6 boxed games, but left it as the guy was setting up. Came back TWO MINUTES later and some guy was buying it for his kid. Bugger :D It looked like he only handed over a tenner and got five back :D

FF VII 50p

RARE PC VERSION FINAL FANTASY VII 7 BIG BOX MINT £41.00

Big Box Final Fantasy VII 7 for PC CDRom (RARE) £33.53

Final Fantasy VII (7) Original Big Box PC Game £28.00

FINAL FANTASY VII 7 £27.01

There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Randy?

Not much today, but what I did get was really nice:

Darius Twin Super Famicom JP NTSC (complete and minty) £3

Castlevania 4 Super Famicom JP NTSC (complete and excellent condition) £3

Starwing Super Nintendo PAL (complete, minty) £2

Cobra Triangle NES (complete, decent condition) £1

Sega Light Phaser & Operation Wolf Box-Set Master System (boxed, complete and great condition) £1.50

However, it really was worth going to the boot today just to have a good laugh at a regular trader. As usual I walked past his stall, barely bothering to glance at his over-priced wares when he shouts over "Oi! Where'd you get them SNES games?". I replied that even if I told him it wouldn't matter, as I'd had everything anyway. "Is that so?" he says, "well it doesn't matter anyway because I've won today". At this point I notice he's gesturing towards a pair of tatty Game & Watch units; one Mario and one Donkey Kong. "That's nice" I say, before enquiring how much he's asking for them.

"£100 each"

At that point my friend burst out laughing behind me while I tried to maintain my composure.

It wouldn't last.

"They go for £1000 on eBay"

At that point burst out laughing too, before asking him he was serious. He was. At this point it occured to me that he's either stupid, insane, or a crook trying to con my into buying a pair of tatty G&W's for £100 each, thinking I'd got a bargain. Having seen his tactics over the past few months, I think the latter is more likely to be honest.

What a cock.

Tell me about it.

the lucky goit

It get's better, just had a proper look at it and found the foldout inside bit and keyboard overlay under the cardboard, RESULT!! It never ceases to amaze me how much old PC games sell for, i sold a Monkey Island for £40+ a while back and a sealed Carriers at War for a similar price.

dscn09420mp.th.jpg

I always tend to ignore PC games, as I don't play them myself. That's going to change now.

Buy any of the point and click adventures, i.e. Lucasarts, Lucas Films games especially Monkey Island you see. always sell well.

Sorry, can't think of any trades i'm after at the moment.

and if you know anything about games whatsoever then you should be able to work those out...........

I just fired up the ol' ebay train to have a looksie.

Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction - Apparently worth £470, seems a little CRAZY, but hey, who knows. The auction started at 55p, I bet that guy must have been over the frickin' moon! Is this game REALLY worth that much?

Reflex XTR Flight Simulator - Goes for around £80. i think it has some kind of controller or specific component that the guy in this auction just refers to as a "lead".

The very first Ultima with the 5 1/4" game disk, Reference card, Full colour maps, Player Manual, Registration Card and a pouch containing Coins of the Realm goes for a lovely £82

If you see this not complete, make sure you buy it as collectors may be missing a map or part you have.

Infocom Masterpieces with 30+ Games on one CD, £72!

Heroquest - Hero Quest & Return of the Witch Lord, £60

MONKEY ISLAND BOUNTY PACK, in one of those crazy deep jewel cases, goes for about £50. This thing has 3 discs, so make sure you check!

F1 CHALLENGE 1999-2002 BY EA SPORTS, a few pounds shy of £50, not bad for something that'd even some collectors would pass up as boring, but you with your amazing bible of PC pricing as written by The 7 Disciples and McBacon, can pick this up and sell it on the bay.

The amazing Secret of Monkey Island in original big box goes for around £47. Actually, any Lucas Arts adventure is worth more than the 50p you will spend, Day of the Tentacle, 2D Indiana Jones games, Monkey Island, Sam and Max, they are always a safe bet if they are big box.

Hope that helps, print it out and read the titles 3 times before bed every night till your next bootsale and then BAM, you're in the money.

All of these prices are based on items that actually sold, on recent auctions.

I sold Grand Prix 4 for £30 the other day. The last official F1 PC game, which I paid £3 for last summer. F1 games are only fetching money because of Sony's monopoly on the license and the british grand prix recently.

MONKEY ISLAND BOUNTY PACK, in one of those crazy deep jewel cases, goes for about £50. This thing has 3 discs, so make sure you check!

Saw this in a local charidee shop a few weeks back for £1.99p and left it there because i didn't know its worth...