rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
nevsan

Testing, Community and Support

If you worked on the game can you answer me why no one tested the controls at high sensitivity?

It seems one of the most basic things, testing the controls, I don't understand how it could be missed.

Here's a clue - "let's leave it for a future Xbox Live patch!". This is what worried me when the 360 launched. Oblivion does a fine job of covering up its bugs unless you happen to have sunk, oooh I dunno, 130 hours into the thing. In which case, time to start a new character. I get the feeling I shouldn't early-adopt 360 games these days and just wait for the sodding patches.

If you worked on the game can you answer me why no one tested the controls at high sensitivity?

It seems one of the most basic things, testing the controls, I don't understand how it could be missed.

I honestly don't know why. QA never flagged the problem as far as I know but then I was never in charge in looking after the controls, plus I personally never used high sensitivity. Do you happen to know if it happens on current gen as well?

I was going to buy this game and now I'm not.

Cheers for saving me £40.

I'm another one. I did buy it but returned it when I found out that the game is actually broken. Now I know there's no patch coming that £40 can go elsewhere.

I honestly don't know why. QA never flagged the problem as far as I know but then I was never in charge in looking after the controls, plus I personally never used high sensitivity. Do you happen to know if it happens on current gen as well?

It's hard to know what someone means when they say 'current-gen' now :D

I'm talking about the 360 version.

There's ZERO deadzone on the controllers right analogue stick so when you play with a high sensitivity it's impossible to aim up/down or left/right in a straight line. Because the sensitivity is so high when you try and move up a bit, the crosshair will also go either left or right because there's no deadzone in either plane.

Even if you try and hold the analogue stick perfectly still while aiming directly up or down it's impossible to keep your aim from swinging one way or the other.

I wouldn't know about that version, only played it on the 360.

Maybe someone can test the Xbox one by doing what I said in my last sentence in my last post when on the highest sensitivity.

Actually, could someone do it on the 360 one as well? It could be my controller that's messed up...

I wouldn't know about that version, only played it on the 360.

Maybe someone can test the Xbox one by doing what I said in my last sentence in my last post when on the highest sensitivity.

Actually, could someone do it on the 360 one as well? It could be my controller that's messed up...

It might be your pad.

I find on Perfect Dark that my aim starts to wander all by itself unless I quickly straight the sticks again. I think it happens on both my pads, but can't be sure. This is on the default settings. So for me, the pad doesn't seem to be as good as it should.

Not got BF 360 or current gen, so can't confirm that.

I was going to buy this game and now I'm not.

Cheers for saving me £40.

I think it's one of the best experiences to be had on the console so I'd still give it a look. They'll fix the voice comms in the end I'm sure of it

I'm pretty taken back by the arrogance of this guy:

Like I said, things happen, things that you have no idea about and I do. So please don't go saying that's bull on something you don't know about.

I really hate it when people say things like this because it's way too easy for you to say it.

We know enough from playing the game, surely? You're telling us we don't know anything, how kind that is to your paying customers. Why not tell us what we don't understand? From our perspective, it's simply that the game is broken, it looks very similar to the Xbox version and that has working voice communications, there's no excuse for the 360 version not having it fully functioning.

I hate it when people make comments like yours, saying we don't understand. That's really easy for you to say, as you're leaning on an argument that doesn't exist.

No no no, you couldn't be any more wrong.

But you wouldn't care to tell us why.

Things happen. There was a lot of initial pressure to get it out the door. Comparing it to the Bungie is a tad unfair in my opinion. After all they they just have one franchise to look after plus they had the time to provide some full support from the entire team.

EA have a lot of money, so they have the resources and all that to fix problems. BF:MC on the Xbox is fine, yet the 360 version is not - hardly rocket science here. "Things happen" is not an excuse.

Well played it (again ;) ) yesterday and the voice coms worked in every game.. its just that no one was talking.

Glad to hear it. I know a few people that'll be happy to hear that.

As for afnaafnams, I was thinking about making a nice long reply to counter all your points, the same for explaining myself on my "no no no" statement. But then I thought I really can't be fucked.

Also if you are wondering what my connection to the game is, I was one of the programmers on the game, which I've taken this thread kinda personally. This was my mistake and one I hope I won't make again.

As for afnaafnams, I was thinking about making a nice long reply to counter all your points, the same for explaining myself on my "no no no" statement. But then I thought I really can't be fucked.

Also if you are wondering what my connection to the game is, I was one of the programmers on the game, which I've taken this thread kinda personally. This was my mistake and one I hope I won't make again.

Then really, I don't see why you're in this thread. You're setting yourself up for a fall when you don't back up your points. It works fine on the Xbox, but it doesn't on the 360, and you said there's no patch ever coming, lazy and disgusting to see that attitude, especially on a console which accomodates for patches so easily.

"But then I thought I really can't be fucked" - to finish making this game?

Ok, I haven't played on this for a few weeks now but:

* Are the voice comms now working?

* If not, are they going to be patched?

I'm trying to ascertain from the various posts what the truth is here but they seem to be contradictory. Jawadx, maybe you can shed some light? Congrats on the conversion btw, it's really top.

I gotta side with jawadx on this.

Its shitty that the voice comms haven't been working properly, and I haven't been online yet with the patched version to know if its any better.

However I think some people on here are being a little harsh. I'm pretty sure jawadx can't really discuss exactly why certain things haven't been done without breaking NDA's and getting in shit from his bosses.

From my experience no developer wants to release a game with bugs and quite often if there are glitches in the final code, its highly likely that they were found by QA before release. Time pressures/Publisher pressures will result in half of the lower classed bug never reaching the people responsible for fixing them because they are not deemed to be 'important' enough or they may be classed as too risky to fix in such a short space of time. Its crappy but thats just the way it is.

That's the way it shouldn't be though. You pay £50 for a working experience. When you go to see a movie you don't see wire frame models where they didn't have time to finish.

We're paying for a product, the product doesn't work as advertised and they're not going to fix it. EA owe people their money back.

Ah, so that explains your appalling attitude. Rather than coming out with all the 'yadadada you wouldn't understand I can't be fucked' nonsense, why not make an effort to at least communicate something tangible and insightful?

@beertiger

Yeah, I wish wasn't like it as well. I was just trying to shed a little light that these things are usually picked up before release, unfortunately other people make the call as to whether they should be fixed or not.

I just don't like seeing someone attacked for trying to give 'insider info' for everyone, when they can't share 100% of the facts.

People should vote with their wallets on this one.

@beertiger

Yeah, I wish wasn't like it as well. I was just trying to shed a little light that these things are usually picked up before release, unfortunately other people make the call as to whether they should be fixed or not.

I just don't like seeing someone attacked for trying to give 'insider info' for everyone, when they can't share 100% of the facts.

Yeah I think attacking the guy was not on, it's obviously not the developers fault. However it was the way he came across in the first post that set this whole sorry mess in motion.

I think that any body working for a company coming on here to explain what's going on should take a look at the Outrun thread and how S0L handles it.

When you go to see a movie you don't see wire frame models where they didn't have time to finish.

Go and see "The Mummy Returns", then tell me ILM had finished the Scorpion King FX shots. ;)

Go and see "The Mummy Returns", then tell me ILM had finished the Scorpion King FX shots. :)

touche. I remember seeing that in the cinema and just being shocked.

Still the point almost still stands. You don't buy a new car and find out that sometimes it doesn't go into second gear, you'd take it back and you wouldn't get a fuck you from the manufacturer which is basically what EA is doing. They're treating their customers with no respect. I know I wouldn't buy another EA game again until everything is known to be working.