IGNORED

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Rayn

One of our guildies reported 2 level 36 SCUM members were attacking him and another guy as soon as they ressed in Khopshef earlier, 5 of us went to the rescue and took them out. SCUM called in a load more reinforcements and we started to get bogged down but it turns out the other guy they were constantly killing was a Legio X Invictus member and they suddenly started popping up everywhere. SCUM got completely destroyed and they wouldn't even res so there were just SCUM bodies all over the floor, seems we made an ally out of are next door neighbors to boot as well.

One of our guildies reported 2 level 36 SCUM members were attacking him and another guy as soon as they ressed in Khopshef earlier, 5 of us went to the rescue and took them out. SCUM called in a load more reinforcements and we started to get bogged down but it turns out the other guy they were constantly killing was a Legio X Invictus member and they suddenly started popping up everywhere. SCUM got completely destroyed and they wouldn't even res so there were just SCUM bodies all over the floor, seems we made an ally out of are next door neighbors to boot as well.

I'll be on tonight Yswr, hopefully ye can throw me an invite for the celts.

I'm so up for joining your guild if they'll have me Yswr.

The rest of the bits for my new PC are coming tomorrow but I'm patching on my current one right now because I can't wait. It meets minimum spec, so maybe I'll get lucky and it will run a bit for tonight!

So, I finally manage to 'fix' that OOM crash I've been getting only to find out all my characters on Aquilonia are 'locked', meaning I can't log into them. I click on 'Enter Game' and it loads up, hangs, boots me back to the login screen and says 'That Character is already in the Game World, please wait a moment and try again' or something so I wait, try again and get exactly the same. Bollocks.

So I made a character on my mates server Ymir (PVE - boooo!) and got to 22 :lol:

But anyway, without the memory crash, the game is brilliant.

Finally got back from holiday, not sure what I'm going to do with this, although it's safe to say that the MUK guild is dead in the water.

I'm going to give it a few days then go back to it and see if I enjoy it again.

52 as of last night, can't really tank that well but in a group the conq is amazing especially the res. Was fighitng about 10 mobs last night and everyone wiped but me and i had to kill 4 more mobs but knew i was going to die when suddenly my entire group ressed and we finished the fight, the res is random but when it does kick in it kicks all kinds of arse. The DPS is pretty spectacular in bursts if you know how and when to control it. If i'm honest it great as a solo quest but it reallly doesn't shine as a class until it's in a group and buffing peoples DPS to silly high levels. I thought Frenzy was a pointless power to put points into but now i know where it's powers lie i think i'll be speccing it back in again, or partly anyways. The way i use Frenzy is in small bursts by switching back to defensive when the mob can attack for example

Charge

Throat slash

All DPS buffs on

Knockdown

Frenzy

Combo at exposed area

Back to defensive

Soon as anyone can hit me defensive stance is back on, you can't use frenzy really when taking more than a few foes but 1V1 and in groups where you have a proper tank it totally rocks and just rips through mobs especially AOE and on bosses it's a dream, just remember if you get aggro change to defensive quickly or you're going down. Some of the buffs you can give the group are pretty spectacular as well +20.5 to all types of damage for 60 seconds turns mages into walking nukes.

Anyways some nice new eye candy for you

f_Yswrpicturem_35179da.jpg

f_Yswrpicturem_fc507ef.jpg

My Priest of Mitra is up to 15 and I'm very pleased with it so far. There's a completely useless healing spell which heals 2 health a second for 12 seconds or so, but other than that I love the skills. Nice ranged Smite spell, nice knockdown spell and the first feat ability is pretty lethal when you have a lot of guys about to charge at you. The main healing spell seems decent. And of course I still get to club people to death. :lol:

So when is Direct X 10 support coming in? I heard August??? That can't be true can it...

It's odd isn't it, it's even advertised on the back of the box.

It's odd isn't it, it's even advertised on the back of the box.
Especially bad considering this is supposed to be microsofts DX10 showcase to the mainstream, oh well it looks very nice without it and as with most games DX10 will bring very little to it just some new subtle lighting tricks.
And some increased performance? I imagine a natively compiled game runs better than DX9 emulation.

It was even in the free Edge magazine. Some chap at the Conan studio talking it up.

Let's be honest. It's very unlikely it was pulled "before release" - they must have known about this, considering how long it's taking to implement now.

Embellishing the truth seems to be the norm (GTA4), but on the box? Harsh.

It's not uncommon for features not to make it into MMOs. EVE's manual (if you have the original release box, anyway) mentions corporate take overs, presumably involving shares. 5 years later, hasn't materialised.

It's not uncommon for features not to make it into MMOs. EVE's manual (if you have the original release box, anyway) mentions corporate take overs, presumably involving shares. 5 years later, hasn't materialised.

Seems a bit rich when they're chatting about it in Nvidia sponsored magazines though. Actually pushing a feature that doesnt' exist yet.

It's not like it's hidden in the manual. Seems to be part of their publicity drive.

It's a feature that's slipped. I expect devs were happy to toil until stuff was ready, but the publishers pushed for keeping the launch date.

Perhaps they should have printed the boxes saying it was DX9, retracted all the publicity about the slipped feature and then spent a fortune mailing out new manuals when DX10 arrives a few months later?

I honestly don't know what you expect them to do.

I had my first RP experience yesterday as my guild rules are RP in say and that's about it for the rules, anyways here it goes.

If you build a keep you have your own resource area that you share with 2 other guilds who have keeps in that area also. We have the only keep in are area so nobody to contend with for resources until last night that is. I was out collecting resources last night when i came across a copper node at 82%, i asked in guild chat if anybody else was in the area and i was told no, i shrugged my shoulders and carried on as it could of been a slow respawning of resources from my last circuit. So i carry on and get to the next node and it's at 56% so instead of mining i carry on to the next on my map and thats at 49% so i follow the trail until i get to a node at 4% and know i'm close and head to the next one a cotton node. I bang on my stamina potions and start sprinting and when i get to the cotton node there is a level 46 infront of me just approaching it, the node is at 100% and he's about to start gathering so i chrge stun and smash him to the floor then a conversation begins along these lines

Yswr:Leave the cotton alone or i kill you, these are the celts nodes for this is are land i suggest you leave.

Conra:We share this land as we've just put our keep up in the East.

Yswr:Well good that you learn your lesson early, if celts are gathering in this area you disappear.

Conra: You're bluffing you don't want to cause a war in your homeland, we can share and we'll still have plenty of materials to go around.

Yswr:I'm warning you touch that cotton and you'll feel my steel in your heart.

He then starts to gather the cotton and i slap on all my DPS buffs and frenzy increasing my damage by over 100 points for 30 seconds, i smash him to the floor and kill him in 1 combo. I tell the guild we have neighbours and i just put one of them in their place and i carry on farming. 10 minutes after my encounter my perception picks up a 60 ranger hiding and then the level 46 from earlier (assasin) and another 46 (barbarian) is with him come bounding up and tell me to leave. I charge the 60, much to his supprise i'm sure and slap on all my buffs kill the 60 in 2 combos, 1 while i stun and 1 when i knock her to the floor, i switch to defensive slap on all my healing potions and buffs and go to work on the two level 46 guys, 1 dies and another runs. After this i realise it's going to get worse so i head to the crafting village in the resource area as thats my best chance if more come because i can use the layout to my advantage and they won't have time to rebuff from ressing in the village.

Eventually the 2 level 46s the level 60 and 2 level 55s another assasin and another ranger appear and tell me to leave or die. I know i'm way outnumbered but i use a bit of thought in my fights, the assasins and barbarian gotta come in close so i keep my back to the keep wall pop all my potions and eat food and drink giving me close to 5k health and tell them to bring it. When they get close i use my AOE knock down pop my DPS buffs and use 2 AOE combos, i kill the 2 46s on my first combo and the 55 on my second. I then run around to the otherside of the wall so the rangers have no line of sight on me and i get back to full health. This happens for a bit with the 46s getting killed a couple more times but the rangers got wise after the 3rdt time and rooted me in the gateway and got behind me taking shots at my exposed back to start hitting my health. When the root releases i use all my stamina and sprint to the city guide sheath my sword speak to him and he transports me to our keep.

After this i get tells mocking me that i ran away reguardless of the fact i just took on 5 of them and kicked their arses and they struggled to put me down. They ask if i'm declaring war with them and i tell them i can't speak for my guild as i'm just lowly noob within the guild. After a bit i send them a tell that the guild leader is coming to meet them in the crafting village to become allies and i think i might be kicked out of the guild for causing so much trouble, i tell them the guild leader is in Old Tarantia so might take him 15 mins to get there cos he gotta go all the way through Connalls valley.

What is really happening is we are buying time to get a large force together at are keep when we start to move out we have 8 groups, i'm the highest level so we get all the level 20s in my group and i apprentice them so they show up as 50, the other groups all have leaders going from 44-49 so we have 10 groups of people ranging from level 44-50. We get to the village but don't go in we hang back out of sight. I have the North gate and the other gates are covered also but at the front of each gate you have a war mammoth, me on 1 and another 2 from the other gates. We charge in and quickly surround them but while we are doing this 3 of are groups go and surround the res point so when they respawn they can't escape, you can't change instances in the resource areas part of an anti exploit to stop people switching between public zones to gather materials from around the village i think. Surrounded and outnumbered 6:1 with nowhere to go they quickly surrender especially after one of their assasins tried to go into hide within the cirlce of people and quickly got killed for his troubles.

Our leader then goes into a discussion about how this situation can be resolved and eventually we strike up a deal because they say they are only 26 members and that they're not really a pvp guild. The deal is they get to use resource nodes with no trouble for 50s per week and if not paid to the guild leader every Monday then we make their lives hell and we'll also come to their aid if they get a large scale problem anywhere, you know because we have over 60 players above level 43, so thank god they never figured out that most of them were level 20s and 30s apprenticed to 44 and up otherwise it could have been a hassle.

All in all a pretty awesome experience for me, really brought the game to life and i finally got my Weathertop moment. The weird thing (more a coincidence really) is 2 hours after all this the final keep went up in are area by a Guild called Legio X Invictus, so the Romans have invaded the lands of the Celts, what are the chances of that happening huh? We've already been told that they get no truce it's all out war on them in are area, woohooo.

I tell you something, well played my friend. Guilds are crying out for people like you who can think above their level. Grats :D

I think I'm going to cancel my account on this and come back to it in a few months, at the moment it's just too buggy and unstable for me. I don't really feel inclined to try and fight my way through an unfinished game.

I'll be keeping an eye on it though.

I think I'm going to cancel my account on this and come back to it in a few months, at the moment it's just too buggy and unstable for me. I don't really feel inclined to try and fight my way through an unfinished game.

I'll be keeping an eye on it though.

This, the game is a mess.

I've had a pretty smooth ride up to 50 and i've enjoyed it but now the cracks are are really starting to show, Someone today said, that 2 end game raids in the year it's been out, means Lotro, has very little end game content and lots of people seemed to agree. They've got a big shock coming post 45 because the content seems to just disappear, it seems i now have 35 levels of repeatable kill xx quest taken off bulletin boards in the towns and villages of the 50+ zones. No end game content, this game seems to have no content form the middle, people are going to disappear en masse if this isn't fixed soon as grinding out kill x in the same area of the map for 3 levels isn't at all in anyway fun. What i've noticed is people seem to forget that wow had very little end game content until about 14 months after release and seem to thinki that new games will have the same amount to do when they go elsewhere which is a crazy thought but that's what they expect. If this doesn't pick up i might very well go back to LOTRO and it small amount of end game content because while it's repetitive, it's fun.

My new bloodsire set is sexy though

f_Yswrpicturem_1351a80.jpg

I'm at 29, still waiting for the bits to run it at more than 25 frames above bare minimum settings. I've been very impressed so far, if the game carried on like this I could never go back to Lotro. Apparently things start going wrong at about 35+ though so I'm prepared.

This is all baring in mind I've never really played much of any MMOs except for Anarchy Online and Lotro, not WoW.

Firstly, I was prepared for it to run like dog shite on this machine, but if it scaled a little bit lower it would probably run better than lotro which inherently hitches constantly and horribly with nothing that can be done about it. I've also had very very few crashes, it's amazingly stable. I normally get every stability problem in the book.

The combat. Now I've only rolled a priest so far, which doesn't have any of the combos - at least not yet - but just the way targeting and the lack of autoattack works is a massive, massive step up for me. So much clumsy rubbish has been ejected. Healing works a lot better in groups as well, a hell of a lot better. I would never contemplate playing a minstrel in lotro because you just stand at the back and click a few hots, but I risked it here and I've got no regrets at all. It's just a well designed set of spells with a focus on area of effect rather than clicking on names in a bloated gui.

People have been complaining about the GUI, but at this stage I don't have much problem with it. The only glaringly stupid thing is that you have to drag the chat box into the centre of the screen so that you can still see it to drag stuff from inventory etc to it. But you don't do that very often.

The quests have also been decent so far. There are a few kill x wolves quests, but the quotas are much much smaller than usual and everything is marked on the map with waypoints and circled areas complete with tooltips.

I've been to The Celt's guild town in all its uselessness, but I can see defending it and attacking others could be fun once they get some more systems up and running.

I'm going away for the whole of July, so hopefully they'll put some more stuff in during that time. But at this point I'm still very optimistic; for the first time ever, I'm actually looking forward to rolling an alt or two. Something I've never done before.

Well fair dos to be honest. It must be pretty annoying to be ganged up on on masse, so he's asking them to stop in an informal manner. What's the problem?

PvP shouldn't be utter chaos in which you can't get anything done, and it isn't where I've been and I'd be pissed off if that changed.

There's a difference between a bit of griefing and being a bunch of total cunts.