Sign in to follow this  
joeplus

15 Storeys High

anyone else ever seen this? my mate's just lent me a dvd of it, and it's fucking brilliant, yet i'd never heard of it before. says the first series was made 2002 - how did i not know about this?

very slow-moving, and dingy, rather than "dark" like jam and all that. lovely, though.

• Upvote 1

Its bloody excellent, and the original radio show it fantastic as well. If you have a look on uknova you'll find all of Sean Lockes radio shows in one torrent.

Was it called 15 minutes of Misery? something like that.

One of the best sitcoms of the last 10 years IMO. A mate of mine is obsessed by it and is extremely upset that they're not releasing a DVD of the second series.

Yeah, it's great.

Love the bird-fedding crazy lady episode.

Or the table tennis one.

Blue Rat's where it's at.

One of the best sitcoms of the last 10 years IMO. A mate of mine is obsessed by it and is extremely upset that they're not releasing a DVD of the second series.

Blue Rat's where it's at.

Take a look on UKNova. It turns up there quite regularly.

.....I didn't realise there was one; thanks for the mention, I'll go check UKNova......

You are in luck - an untouched (i.e. pure MPEG2: no conversion to divx or mpeg1) DVD version of all 6 episodes has just been recently uploaded.

Does Lisa from Big Brother remind anyone else of Errol?

I absolutely love 15 Stories High, I bought the DVD the day it came out. It's the little tiny moments in it - the fat guy frying bacon topless quietly going 'Ow ow ow...', the fella swooshing the water around in the bath, Sean Lockes banter with the kids in the pool...

My favourite episode is still the one where he's teaching the glamour model to swim and her jealous husband comes after him: "You're shit at karate" and then he starts drinking the pool cleaner and he warns him not to drink it because "those chemicals are very expensive" :blink:

Oh, and cheers for the heads up on series 2 on UK Nova - downloading now :huh:

Thinking about it, Errol may be my favourite sitcom character ever. There's just something about his gormlessness that cracks me up even after repeat viewings. Favorite moments: sexing the fish.

My favourite episode is still the one where he's teaching the glamour model to swim and her jealous husband comes after him: "You're shit at karate" and then he starts drinking the pool cleaner and he warns him not to drink it because "those chemicals are very expensive" -_-

best episode.

Sorry for digging this one up, but '15 Storeys' really does deserve some more attention.

Where was I? Oh yes, I know it was announced quite a while ago (please, no funny pics of that future broom broom), but a 15 Storeys boxset (including series 1 and 2) is due to hit stores on 19/02/07.

I really do recommend picking up this boxset, because, in my humble opinion, it's one of the best sitcoms of recent times.

That is all.

• Upvote 1

I recently just discovered the radio series on UKnova, stopped listening too it once I noticed they made it into a TV series so not to spoil it for me.

Such a great show, I cant believe how I missed it and how nobody seems to have heard of it. They should air it again now Sean Locke's a lot better known.

Only just got around to watching this, both series, it's absolutely brilliant! So funny, offbeat, dark and very British humour. Seriously it's really fucking good.

Final episode, rastas doing aerobics to Roots Manuva, so good!

• Upvote 2