Byker grove to end

robbright

I haven't watched Byker grove since 1990

:)

the last one I rememebr was when Donna Air recorded a saucy message for Declan on his walkman.

fuck knows why?

I think he broke all of his bones and lost his eyes or something.

He got shot in the mush with a paintball gun iirc.

Yet another early teen show dumped, no wonder their all out shagging and drinking.

It went downhill after they killed off Geoff. He was the heart and soul of that place.

Still, he died doing what he loved.

Running into a burning building packed full of faulty gas cannisters.

Geoff should come back in the final episode :)

Its sad they're getting rid of this, It was decent enough and quite watchable although not Grange Hill.

Why are CBBC conventrating on primary school kids?

Byker Grove is still going ?!!! :)

I'm surprised as well - something that I watched whilst in primary school is still going. Can't think of many other programmes I watched as a young'un are still going.

It went downhill after they killed off Geoff. He was the heart and soul of that place.

Still, he died doing what he loved.

Running into a burning building packed full of faulty gas cannisters.

Death by fireworks.

Hopefully I'll go out that way. And be sporting a black mane just like Geoff.

Do they still do the 'jump in the air and freeze for a second' on the title sequence thing?

The one line (apart from PJ going blind) I can remember which always makes me laugh was when a few of them started a band and one of the little kids asked 'can I be chief jumper?' - I always think of that for some reason when I see whiny little wannabe rock bands jumping around.

So, yeah. RIP Byker Grove.

Ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

(repeat to fade)

• 15 years later...

One of my friends was on Byker Grove one time as an extra in a battle of the bands competition. His band won and he was awarded a trophy by Johnny the geordie who came second in one of the early series of Big Brother. I don't think he pursued an acting career after that.