IGNORED

LOTR Online

moosegrinder

That was messy tonight, lads :angry: Good fun though, and got a couple o' Q's done to boot.

Ivar shall pay.

I think 31 is a few levels too low for Garth Agarwen, I just aggro'ed everything the minute I healed which led to a lot of deaths. Still it was fun getting a good forum group going and we got some quests done so it wasn't all bad. I got some nice new leggings as a reward for the shield quest too.

And Ivar shall so pay!

That was messy tonight, lads :angry: Good fun though, and got a couple o' Q's done to boot.

Ivar shall pay.

I enjoyed it, apart from all the dying but yeah it was good fun.

Shame we couldn't seem to get the aggro away from Garadwen, whatever we tried. Oh and that guardian was a complete numpty, running around firing off his bow getting us all in trouble. This guy thought he was the man, but I don't think he had a clue, he certainly didn't appreciate the importance of giving a hunter 5 seconds to set a trap and get focused before a fight.

But anyway, i'm going back in tomorrow :(

Hit 34 tonight too, yay!

Well, last night I made a fair bit of cash just questing around Ost Guruth. Also spotted a few niches in the Auction House worth exploiting. ;)

It's good that crafted items seem quite useful in this game as well, and not bound to you which is a bonus!

Up to Level 23 with my Hunter now and really starting to enjoy the game. It's certainly a little bit tougher than WoW - even a few of the early group quests require some thought on tactics rather than spank and hope, and refreshingly a lot of players seem quite open to listening to advice as well which is nice.

Conjunctions seem fun too, if a little confusing. I usually just hit red unless someone says different.

Off to do the Great Barrows quests tonight, hopefully. Mmm, wights. :lol:

I'm still not entirely sure how the conjunctions work, but so far I know the obvious red = damage, green = health restoration, blue = power restoration. Also evenly matched combo's are great if the group knows what it is doing, for example in a long boss fight, three reds and three blues will do great damage and top up power. Still not sure where yellow figures though to be honest.

Finished book 2 and book 3 last night, great fun. Shame I'll probably have to level for a little bit before going for book 4.

I think yellow is ranged attack damage but I might be completely wrong about that, anyone? The amount of times my hunter is out of range for a red conjunction is silly, probably cos i'm a pussy and stand as far away as possible :lol:

Anyone up for some more Agamaur tonight? Really wanna get that hit on the head and hopefully *crosses fingers* gain enough xp for my horse, woop!

I find minstrels tend to get a lot of grief from ranged attackers, when a group of us were in Agamaur the other night poor Garadwen kept getting nailed by those bastard archers. Theres nothing I can do either, I tried switching to strength stance and pummeling them with hardcore hunter skills but nothing... :lol:

I find minstrels tend to get a lot of grief from ranged attackers, when a group of us were in Agamaur the other night poor Garadwen kept getting nailed by those bastard archers. Theres nothing I can do either, I tried switching to strength stance and pummeling them with hardcore hunter skills but nothing... :lol:

I was the lowest level player there and I think that might have had soething to do with the grief I got from those damned archers. I'd be up for another Agamaur run tonight at some point though. Almost 33 :)

Hi guys, the yellow conjunctions are damage over time. If you are fighting some of the super bad arse elites that take forever to kill (like that Drake Matron in Angmar), they are very useful.

One thing I found last night, is that with a 6 man group and no minstrel, you can make up for the lack of healer by all going GREEN on every single conjunciton. Basically it fires off an awesome health buff that constantly heals the whole group for 30 seconds. As long as you are firing them off semi-regularly, every members health seems to be almost constantly full...

Needs a good group, but is damn useful, and sure beats the whole "looking for minstrel, please send tell" bollocks.

Would any of my kinship brethren like a free copy of the official game guide? I got my hands on a spare copy today and would gladly send it to one of you (even though its a beast and would probably cost about £3). PM me if you 're interested :D

EDIT: Gone to Xei :D

did anyone have any problems with XP not starting afetr installing lotro?

i borrowed it from a guy at work along with a trial key and used the 'Game Disc' DVD to install it (there was another on called 'Full Game Disc' or something but it never asked for it) and it installed and played fine but the next time I came to use my PC it just hung on the XP logo screen, and I had to roll back to before the installation to get it working again.

I took a copy of the disc I used to install it to lend to my friend once he gets himself a trial key and have tried to reinstall but every time does the same thing - works as soon as it's installed but then the PC won't restart properly. I gave the box back to the guy at work so haven't been able to try installing using the 'Full Game' DVD (what is the difference anyway?)

PC is Athlon 3200+/1.5G RAM/nvidea 6600GT/XP Pro SP2

anyone had anything similar?

Any farmers here that know how viable it is to produce Blueberries, Cabbage, Taters, Green Onions, Broccoli, Strawberries, Blackberries, or Raspberries? What is the effort and cost involved in producing these?

They taking these away from the Vendors (and rightly so) on patch day, so us Cooks are going to have to ask a farmer to produce these or buy them on the AH.

Any ideas? Not sure whether to panic and stock up on these, or just get in with a friendly farmer somewhere along the line.

Tried the Great Barrows instance for the first time yesterday and the group I was in got owned, hard. :(

Mind you nobody knew what was going or where to go which didn't help. Looks like quite a difficult one if you haven't got an ideal group due to mob positioning and trying to avoid getting bumrushed.

I'm stupid busy atm what with work and gutting the upstairs of my house and getting it ready for the arrival of the baby, barely put in 2 hours this week. Have been speaking to the Riders of Rohan group as they are forming mergers with other groups for end game, would like to know what you think about this because we're all creeping to the higher levels and we'll need some allies for end game content, Would like to know about your input on this idea guys. I'm also thinking of transfering the leadership as i just haven't got the time at the moment, any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kinship Announcement

Ok guys we're gonna have to do some serious work keeping Riven Delorean going or its a merger with another Kinship. Me and Urmas are working tonight on getting some new recruits to try and get the numbers up, if we fail then keeping the Kinship going is looking very unlikely. At the moment we only seem to have about 10 active players :D

What i'm looking for is anyone who's posted in this topic who doesn't belong to the Kinship yet to give me or Urmas a shout (or PM me on here) and we'll get you in. Got people on your friends list who are Kinship-less? Let them know too, we'll take everyone, of all levels providing they're regular(ish) players.

In th meantime, i'm heading to Bree to pimp the Kinship, wish me luck :D

Welcome to merge with us mate (The Brotherhood) - sounds like we have similar probs. 60+ members, but only 10 or so that actually come on regularly. More than welcome to jump over - although if you wanted us to come to you, I'd have to ask the rest of 'em and get back to ya. Have a think.