IGNORED

LOTR Online

moosegrinder

There seems to be afaik some issues with vista and some issues with vista+8800 graphics cards.

I have both Vista and an 8800, no troubles so far (touch wood) but I've only just started.

I'm looking to join a guild (I'm on Evernight) - any RLLMUKers recruiting? I've only really just started to play around with LOTRO so I'm open to starting with a class that the guild is lacking.

I have both Vista and an 8800, no troubles so far (touch wood) but I've only just started.

I'm looking to join a guild (I'm on Evernight) - any RLLMUKers recruiting? I've only really just started to play around with LOTRO so I'm open to starting with a class that the guild is lacking.

Minstrels always seem to be in short supply. Starting to wish I'd picked one myself as getting twacked gets a bit boring after a while!

I fancy this game. I'm stuck inside today. Can I download it from anywhere and then phone up and pay the sub?

New to all this MMO stuff.

Also could I link this up to a LCD to get a nice large picutre?

Long story short: It's a pain in the arse but it's very do-able if you're the enterprising kind.

You can download it from one of the sources listed here:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sho...ad.php?t=172356 (their official forums). Although after you've installed it you'll likely need the 1.12 patch and even then you may need to manually edit the launcher.config file to point to the EU servers instead of the beta ones.

You can buy a CD key "unofficially" from various websites (I used OffGamers, had the code within 10 minutes) but you won't get the box/manual/discs/etc.

Also, if anyone feels like inviting me, my character is Rumpus the Man Burglar, I should be on 8-11pm tonight. :wub:

Been playing this, and actually got quite into it. I'm liking my "Man Captain" with his Herald - very useful for soloing! Level 12 and still not died (yet!).

I like the achivements, read about them in a review and thought "meh" but they do draw you in. I killed a few extra goblins just to get that achievement.

Please guys, don't forget, that WOW took SO MUCH from Everquest that it's entirely untrue. It refined it, but so much of the base stuff was ripped out of EQ.

And people like WOW and call it class, so why not this.

I'm impressed cos it's got me playing online games again.

I LIKE KILLING BEARS!

I tried inviting you earlier but you weren't online, i'll try again later, or message me or Yswr.

Yeah my playtime this week has been a bit sporadic what with getting into the Tabula Rasa, Halo 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean Online beta's, figured it'd be easier for me to keep an eye out for you guys :lol:

Is a PC that's good enough to run Guild Wars at high-res, but not Oblivion with lots of detail+high res, be OK to run LOTR Online wtih decent detail/resolution?

I'm running it on almost full detail (bar the extra high res textures) at 1280x1024 and my system isn't great (Athlon 2800XP, 1GB RAM, 6800GT).

It runs really well, although I think the RAM is the bottleneck, as there's some nasty H/D thrashing when I enter towns or built up areas.

Having some massive problems with vista and my hardware (and some software) so can't really get into the game. Vista seems to lose my soundcard driver every 10 minutes so i've had to go for onboard sound. Vista also has a massive problem with SLI and 7900GTX's cards doesn't matter if i have one running, two running, SLI on or off it hates it. I'm getting there slowly and should be on tomorrow if i can get the game running for more than 2 minutes.