rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Alex W.

Fable 2

The "examine" option on some house signs just plain doesn't work for me sometimes. I opened one of the Demon Doors for instance, and opened "Memory Lane". Inside was a shack with villagers frozen in time (totally lifted from Wind Waker), and whilst it gave me the option to examine the door with A, nothing happened.

Please can you fix the game we paid for Mr Molyneux?! This is is exactly what I dreaded would happen when DLC started to become the norm - the migration of the "Release it now, patch it later" mentality from PC to console games.

I wonder what the legal status of bugged software actually is. Can we all take the game back and demand a full refund?

I'm a developer myself and I understand that all complex software has bugs but I think this game is quite remarkable in that it's been released a few months before it was finished.

I wonder what the legal status of bugged software actually is. Can we all take the game back and demand a full refund?

There should be a good case for this if its allowed. There hasnt even been any mention of an update besides the upcoming DLC. Which is pretty poor on their part.

I'm a developer myself and I understand that all complex software has bugs but I think this game is quite remarkable in that it's been released a few months before it was finished.

Just playing the game for 10 minutes would have told the developer/publisher/whoever that it wasn't ready, so they've done this pretty brazenly.

I can just imagine the scene in GAME though. "So let me get this straight. Your wife says she wants sex, but when you go back to the gypsy camp she's nowhere to be found?"

Just playing the game for 10 minutes would have told the developer/publisher/whoever that it wasn't ready, so they've done this pretty brazenly.

To my mind there is zero doubt that the everyone involved knew it wasn't finished. I'd hate to have been a tester on this. I'd guess that nobody at Lionhead was happy with it being released when it was.

Whenever we see a Nintendo game delayed we should think of this.

I've started again with a girl as my evil bloke was apparently so fearsome that it got to the point where everybody fled whenever I entered a town. I had to chase after anyone I wanted to converse with and fart in their face repeatedly before they would talk to me.

Anyway, I've just done the Hero of Strength quest and really am not feeling the love. Does it get better? At the moment all the enemies are dispersed ridiculously easily, and no matter how much I vary between thwacking them, shooting them and casting spells the combat remains a complete button bash. The sidequests I've found so far are dull and similarly effortless. The interface and menus are both simply unfinished. I'm amassing large amounts of money for some unknown purpose, apart from buying more houses where I might be attempted to swap the furniture around. My dog doesn't seem to be able to navigate around right angles so I'm constantly unaware of where treasure of dig spots are. People follow me into houses and then block the doorways when I attempt to leave, forcing me to fast travel. And it looks rubbish - massive clipping, an absence of most of what should be mandatory visual effects by now (bullets splashing in water, for example) and extremely limited animation.

Where's the fun? And I was extremely dissapointed with the lesbian sex.

To my mind there is zero doubt that the everyone involved knew it wasn't finished. I'd hate to have been a tester on this. I'd guess that nobody at Lionhead was happy with it being released when it was.

Whenever we see a Nintendo game delayed we should think of this.

Pah as if! Those professional journalists would see that a mile off. They'd know and tell us appropriately.

Despite all of the gripes I think there's a lot to love in this game, with most of it derived from the general randomness.

At one point in Bloodstone I was trespassing in someone's house and rifling through their bedroom cupboard when she turned up, went mad and started shooting at me. So I apologised, gave her a necklace and then shagged her.

I liked getting all the Demon Doors (all of which worked fine for me) once i'd done the main quest, just because they were each very unique. Didn't ever bother with the 50 gargoyles or silver keys though. What's in that 50 key chest in Farifax Castle?

Despite all of the gripes I think there's a lot to love in this game, with most of it derived from the general randomness.

At one point in Bloodstone I was trespassing in someone's house and rifling through their bedroom cupboard when she turned up, went mad and started shooting at me. So I apologised, gave her a necklace and then shagged her.

Genius. As I was saying earlier in this thread, what makes this game amazing is the anecdotes it creates... :P

I had a dream about this the other night, terrifyingly. I'd bought a Live Arcade game and noticed the 'there are no refunds for this item' part, and then there was something very wrong with the game - it's all dream-faded now, but I think it was something like there being no main character at all - "there's nothing to control!" being a phrase I seem to recall. Anyway this went all the way to crown court with Microsoft claiming they'd released a patch and me countering that regardless of the patch I had paid for something that didn't work as promised.

Of course I awoke before the verdict was announced, otherwise I might have died.

Some Knothole Island screenshots ;)

Winter_Moon_900.jpg

Winter_Ice_Climb_900.jpg

Knight_Hobbe_Slayer_900.jpg

Masked_Warrior_900.jpg

Village_Dry_900.jpg

Key Features

- Embark on 3 unique quests set in 3 unique dungeons.

- Unravel the mystical secrets of the resurrection shrine.

- Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an armoured knight, an assassin, a barbarian or a leather-clad biker, among many others.

- Brandish 6 new weapons.

- Dozens of unique potions that will drastically alter your appearance.

- Customise your weapons the way you want with the new augment tool and a whole new array of augments.

- +50 additional leaderboards.

Dear Peter Molyneux,

Can you tell your programmer chums at Lionhead to stop fucking about with this Knothole Island nonsense, pull their fingers out of their arse and release a patch for the main game

Ta

You know something strange?

I've had two very thorough play-throughs of this game (on my own), and I've never found out about these "hero dolls" everyone is talking about. Everywhere on the internet where people talk about Fable 2, it's all, "I need a hero doll," "I'm trading hero dolls," "I have loads of them." What the fuck is a hero doll? How can I have played the game twice without seeing one?

Oh, actually, when I watched that animation on fable2.com and got some bonus items in a chest, one of the items was called a "hero doll". It had union jack pants on. But I didn't know what the hell it was for.

Funnily enough, while I was reviewing this, I only encountered one slight bug, and since I've gone back to it (post-completion of the main quest) I've had two pretty big ones - one saw me give a ring to my wife and then the game told me I was a bigamist. My 'second' wife looked and sounded identical to my existing one and had the same name, but the game was convinced I had two - to the extent that I received a blackmail letter at my second home where I'd put my spouse doppelganger. Not wanting to upset my existing family, I killed this double-agent, only to be told that my kid had been taken into care. :)

You know something strange?

I've had two very thorough play-throughs of this game (on my own), and I've never found out about these "hero dolls" everyone is talking about. Everywhere on the internet where people talk about Fable 2, it's all, "I need a hero doll," "I'm trading hero dolls," "I have loads of them." What the fuck is a hero doll? How can I have played the game twice without seeing one?

Oh, actually, when I watched that animation on fable2.com and got some bonus items in a chest, one of the items was called a "hero doll". It had union jack pants on. But I didn't know what the hell it was for.

If you come second in the Westcliffe shooting gallery you win one of six hero dolls, such as Reaver or Garth or Hammer. Each person can only get one doll in their game, so to get the set of six you need to trade with other people. It's probably the only achievement I'll never get for the game, I can't be bothered :)

Some Knothole Island screenshots :)

Winter_Moon_900.jpg

Gorgeous.

More exploration stuff in the snow, please. Just didn't see enough of it during the game.

Those snow shots are EXACTLY why this should have been out in the middle of December :)

"It's finished when it's finished."

"It's finished when it's finished and then we spot some crippling bugs at the very last moment and have to wait for Microsoft's next certification window"

Those snow shots are EXACTLY why this should have been out in the middle of December :)

Indeed. Although we're getting more snow at the moment. But yeah, just in time for Christmas would really have been lovely. Do more overtime, Lionhead employees!