rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Alex W.

Fable 2

Wow! What a week; I'm currently in Belgium spending the holidays with my family and friends. Turns out the DLC has been delayed! We were aiming for a mid-December release of Knothole Island, a fantastic piece of downloadable content which the team has been working on like mad. The video diary is ready and will be coming out in the New Year. Knothole Island adds a whole new series of quests, characters and items to the land of Albion and will give the player many hours in extra game-play. While we thought we’d be able to have all this ready very shortly, there are still some bit and bops we’re polishing and finalizing. Given that, look for Knothole Island to come out this January! We’ll have more information to share after the holidays, so stay tuned! Happy gaming everyone (this is also affecting the release of the patch)

:angry:

Source

I was thinking of spending some time over Christmas finishing off some of the side-quests I never did.

But it's going to really, bug me that I'll have the last quest of the game "stuck" on my quest screen forever.

As my wife disappeared due to a bug and the final task of the final quest is "go see you family"

I wonder if this patch will fix things retrospectively - such as my disappeared wife?

I suffered another rather large bug yesterday. For no apparent reason, the game turned flurescent pink, an effect that persisted on the Guide menu, and only went away when I exited to the dashboard. I love the game, but it makes a complete mockery of the QA process.

EDIT: Oh dear. It seems that little problem was actually a hardware failiure of some kind, as I'm now getting no picture at all through HDMI. Time for an upgrade!

EDIT: Actually it's my 360. It's two months old, and now it's broken. Roll on 360 #6!

the only bug I've had was at the start when old zoe what's her name was talking about the spire, I pressed y to focus on it but it glitched out of sight and all you could see was the background

the only bug I've had was at the start when old zoe what's her name was talking about the spire, I pressed y to focus on it but it glitched out of sight and all you could see was the background

I had this one I think thats a RAM related issue where it can't load up the spire. I think this happens aswell due to it being night. Should have been picked up, its right at the blood start of the game. Man I was all over the graphical bugs when I worked QA.

I had this one I think thats a RAM related issue where it can't load up the spire. I think this happens aswell due to it being night. Should have been picked up, its right at the blood start of the game. Man I was all over the graphical bugs when I worked QA.

I was wondering what the hell she was on about for 5 minutes until I realised it was a bug. Really lazy bug testing on their part.

I suffered another rather large bug yesterday. For no apparent reason, the game turned flurescent pink, an effect that persisted on the Guide menu, and only went away when I exited to the dashboard. I love the game, but it makes a complete mockery of the QA process.

EDIT: Oh dear. It seems that little problem was actually a hardware failiure of some kind, as I'm now getting no picture at all through HDMI. Time for an upgrade!

EDIT: Actually it's my 360. It's two months old, and now it's broken. Roll on 360 #6!

Yep. That's how my last one died...

Really lazy bug testing on their part.

Indeed. But will we do anything about it as customers? I feel we must. It could be great if people didn't buy any more Lionhead products on release day and wait for a month or two before they are sure that it's working as it's supposed to. This applies to any companies with such reputation and I'm certain that would make them think twice of releasing a game in such a state.

Oh, and some proper low scores by the journalists would also help (wishful thinking, I know :wacko: )

Indeed. But will we do anything about it as customers? I feel we must. It could be great if people didn't buy any more Lionhead products on release day and wait for a month or two before they are sure that it's working as it's supposed to. This applies to any companies with such reputation and I'm certain that would make them think twice of releasing a game in such a state.

Oh, and some proper low scores by the journalists would also help (wishful thinking, I know :wacko: )

As you say, if reviewers marked games down for glaring technical bugs/issues instead of glossing over them (seriously, how can most reviewers not have encountered some of the ludicrous bugs in this game?), then the lower score would influence many buying decisions, and make the necessary impact. I guess when you don't pay £40 for a game it's easier to say "oh, you can look past the technical issues and focus on the scope and scale.. blah blah blah".

Getting consumers to vote with their feet off their own initiative is much harder.

My daughter is playing this and she's managed to get all the guards in Bowerstone after her. I think she killed some shopkeeper 'by accident'.

Is there anything she can do to recover the situation? I think she wants to use the shops and things in the town square, but she can't. I've only played it as a 'good' character, so I've no idea how you're supposed to handle the guards chasing you all the time.

She can't even get a job because she is 'wanted'.

Does she just have to carry on being a baddie now, and not use the fancy town shops any more?

My daughter is playing this and she's managed to get all the guards in Bowerstone after her. I think she killed some shopkeeper 'by accident'.

Is there anything she can do to recover the situation? I think she wants to use the shops and things in the town square, but she can't. I've only played it as a 'good' character, so I've no idea how you're supposed to handle the guards chasing you all the time.

She can't even get a job because she is 'wanted'.

Does she just have to carry on being a baddie now, and not use the fancy town shops any more?

You can stand still whilst being chased by guards, they will then offer you the choice of: paying a fine, community service or fight on. You can only kill innocents by turning off the safety, make sure it is turned back on through the expressions menu.

Just tried that. Went to the town square, stood still, and the guard killed her. Twice. Saftey is on.

Um.

Try leaving the area, entering Bowerstone Old Town, and wait for a guard?

Or go somewhere, go to sleep, then come back and wait for a guard?

Teleport away from the area.

You'll only be wanted for a set period of time (usually about 2mins). You can check the map screen for this info. Go back when it's safe

I must have been one of the lucky ones - I only got a few bugs during my time in the game. The most annoying one was the furniture heading staying across the top of the screen for hours and hours. I had a few random instances of the dog floating in mid air and my character getting stuck in scenery but apart from that I did ok.

Shame about the DLC being delayed till January, I was really hoping for some festive snow goings-on on Knothole Island :o

Um.

Try leaving the area, entering Bowerstone Old Town, and wait for a guard?

Or go somewhere, go to sleep, then come back and wait for a guard?

Hmm. Tried this. She pottered about elsewhere for a while, then went to thy gypsy camp and slept, and then went back into town, and the guards just killed her again.

Tried saving, quitting, and reloading the game. Still attacked and killed.

Can't see anything. Whereabouts would it be? There's renown and current time above the map, and the key below it. Can't see a time limit anywhere.

It says 'outstaning fines 250' on the Bowerstone market region page. No time limit I can see.

From what I can remember the guards just run up to you and give you the option of 'fine', 'community service', or 'reject' (or something). Make sure her weapon isnt drawn.

So presumably she's got to pay this fine somehow. Is it supposed to be paid to the guards (doesn't seem possible when they constantly attack), or is there another way she can pay it off?

If she kills the guards that won't stop attacking her, they'll get replaced with non-bugged ones which will try & arrest her after killing her or if she leaves the region & re-enters.

As for the amount of bugs we shipped with, I don't know anyone that's happy with it, many of the large game ending bugs were never found in testing (I could go on but I'd like to keep my job). Unfortunately I'm just a coding grunt there and I get no say in what we fix and don't fix, and before someone says 'don't you play it yourself' yes I do and I enter bugs I found into the database as well as fixing them. And now the patch has been delayed, we were told we'd passed cert, release dates were set & announced then a couple of nasty bugs were found and because of when we can next submit to cert it's been pushed to January.

I'm also sure there's a bunch of bad DVDs out there which are responsible for some of the freezing bugs.

I must have been very lucky with this. Apart from not being able to buy one caravan in the Gypsy camp I don't think I saw anything that I would consider a bug in an entire playthrough.

Other people seem to have been hit hard...and I don't just mean the usual suspects who won't stop playing a game until they've found something to moan about.

And 'The Bag' you come across like people think you were responsible. You only work there. Shit happens.