Sign in to follow this  
Alex W.

Fable 2

So far there's just a trailer of presumable target footage featuring a world which grows and changes over time - a town slowly growing, for example - and the new ability to use flintlock pistols.

This wouldn't excite me too much, except I loaded up my old Fable save yesterday to find myself without any equipment. I'd forgotten that after clearing it:

and visiting the ruins of the Guildhall, I'd sold off all of my character's weapons, save for a single bow, and all my armour, bought a house in the frosty place, and settled down with a wife.

Reminded me how oddly emotionally connected I'd become to the game. It's got more than its share of problems (especially where stealth is concerned), but I really developed an affection for the game world.

.::: Not excited at all, but that's mainly because I found it to be pretty basic with battle being rather clumsy. I hope they improve the combat immensely in the sequel. Might give it a look then. Until then: UNO!

I'm excited. Enjoyed the 1st one too for all its flaws, played through it twice in fact, not something I often do with games. I just want to see some real footage not cgi movie stuff.

I fucking LOVED fable. It had its faults, but I didnt see them while I had four days of amazing amazing gaming until I finished it. I hope its bigger and longer, thats all.

Oh and GUNS!

I thought the town slowly growing was just meant to be a "this is what it was like on the Xbox, this is what it'll (maybe!) be like on the 360". Interesting that they're pushing Molyneux more in the trailer - but I suppose Msoft have to get their money's worth...

i suppose this sequel's going to be the "be all and end all" of gaming, with a concept and implementation so vast and groundbreaking it will change the world as we know it - just like the first one was supposed to be

shame it will most likely be shite - just like the first one actually was

I really liked the original but, unlike everyone else and contrary to what publishers seem to believe, that doesn't mean I'm gagging for a sequel of more of the same. Even if they add a ton to it. Frankly.

If they make fable as it was first intended i'll be pleased, I gave up the first one half way through, because my housemates all took over and completed it while I was busy working and studying..

I did enjoy it though, and its a good base to work on.

Given that the first was one of the Xbox's top selling games, Lionhead are now a wholly owned Microsoft subsidary, and there's an obvious audience of people looking for the next 360 Oblivion... presumably resources aren't going to be an issue?

The music is aces too

Yeah, it was nice when the main Fable theme started up in the trailer :ph34r: Has there been any sort of speculation about when this is actually due then?

I really enjoyed Fable first time around and am looking forward to this. The trick is not falling for the hype and just enjoying the game on its own merits. I assume its not due out until autumn 2007 or thereabouts?

.::: Not excited at all, but that's mainly because I found it to be pretty basic with battle being rather clumsy. I hope they improve the combat immensely in the sequel. Might give it a look then. Until then: UNO!

What's UNO?

GUNS!

Space Marines !

So far there's just a trailer of presumable target footage featuring a world which grows and changes over time - a town slowly growing, for example

Like Fable 1, then? :ph34r:

I can't complete the Mayor's quest, because whatshisface that you have to fight is now dead. I kind of didn't want to marry her anyway as she was pretty evil, but y'know, she was fit.

I'm going after her with my "evil" guy though, and it's working out well. Although being evil's a pain in the neck because stealth just doesn't work.

Oh, and there is no way in hell I'll be buying it, unles Treguard is present again.

That happens in Fable ? :ph34r:

I dont remember any growing towns

Exactly.

Lost Chapters is ace - gave me a nice excuse to replay as a darksider. Fab game, IMO - obviously completely dwarfed by Oblivion as a sandbox game, but it's much more charming and loveable at the same time.

Guys over at Lionhead are interested in hearing your opinion about something regarding Fable and Fable 2. Only for those of you who played the game! :blink:

.::: Change the combat into something fun and fluid, instead of the stoic and stiff 'thing' we got in Fable. That is all. (Of course some actual change and consequence based upon your actions would be cool, instead of the pre-scripted stuff. Something as simple as GTa2's gang-system would be ace already.)