IGNORED

Super Mario Galaxy on the way for Wii

Don Rosco

I am literally broke, I have about £50 surplus to last until the end of month when I get paid but I am still considering getting this at the weekend. I wonder what Blockbuster will give me as a trade in on Mario Strikers.....

So I've gone from; not getting this until December, to thinking about popping up to Oxford Street for the launch event.

How did that happen? ^_^ It's this bloody forum messing with my head. :D

The time when you really need to start worrying about your willpower is when you get the game & put it away securely, then look at your hand & see you're still holding it. :)

As for price, I reckon £32.99 in Game.

It is indeed*. I hereby claim moose's variables. I put a pre-order in at the Metro Centre branch that's doing a Thursday wii-giveaway launch event and that was the price on all the Game promotional stuff. The assistant said it'd been heavily pre-ordered but as of yesterday they hadn't received any stock.

*Mind you, my till receipt for the pre-order says I've paid £0.00 and have £0.00 left to pay. Maybe they're being exceedingly generous at the launch do, eh?

I already have a Wii. I'm caught up in the Mario Galaxy hype machine now, I'm really looking forward to it. I hope NOE don't do another RE4 (they didn't make enough then).

The Dribbling guy stood at the front of Game (with a huge hair growing from his nose), said Mario Galaxy would be £40. I wasn't entirely convinced though. When I went to leave he said, don't forget Mario Galaxy is out on Thursday, too.

It is indeed*. I hereby claim moose's variables. I put a pre-order in at the Metro Centre branch that's doing a Thursday wii-giveaway launch event and that was the price on all the Game promotional stuff. The assistant said it'd been heavily pre-ordered but as of yesterday they hadn't received any stock.

*Mind you, my till receipt for the pre-order says I've paid £0.00 and have £0.00 left to pay. Maybe they're being exceedingly generous at the launch do, eh?

I ain't posting 'em till friday.

I doubt it. Just someone trying to drum up pre-orders. For the game I mean. The hardware may well be sold out till next year.

It's most likely it'll be easy to pick up but bear in mind shopto.net is basically the outlet for Koch, who are the distributer for Nintendo goods in the UK, also bear in mind it says out of stock on here

http://www.nindie.com/

who are closely associated with Nintendo. It'll most likely be abundantly available for the first couple of weeks but closer to chrimbo prolly not. Much like a lot of games I suppose.

I don't believe anyone can know about a game shortage now. If Nintendo want more copies they could print them now and ship them over in days in an emergency.

Obviously hardware is a different process. But the current sales don't add up to the 1.8 million per month they claim to be making so I imagine there's a lot coming in the next few weeks.

I don't believe anyone can know about a game shortage now. If Nintendo want more copies they could print them now and ship them over in days in an emergency.

Obviously hardware is a different process. But the current sales don't add up to the 1.8 million per month they claim to be making so I imagine there's a lot coming in the next few weeks.

But they do, because Nintendo say "We're printing x amount. Here's your allocation of that x amount. We're printing more to be shipped on y (or a later) date". That's what Koch and Centresoft say anyroad. Make of it what you will.

Yeah it's a good job PAL wii's are in short supply as I'd be tempted to go and get one on Friday morning if my NTSC copy doesn't show up.

I was think exactly the same.

I'm certainly regretting ordering with Movietyme as, barring miracles, i can't see my copy arriving this weekend seeing as it's still at the pre-order stage.

Oh bollocks. I'm sorely tempted to go to Asda at midnight for this (24 hour Asdas do sell games from midnight, don't they?), just in case my copy from Virgin doesn't arrive on Friday.

I'm only paying £24.30 for it from Virgin - trade-in at Gamestation will be more than that, won't it?

I can usually wait until after launch day for games if it means saving a few quid, but not this one.

Oh bollocks. I'm sorely tempted to go to Asda at midnight for this (24 hour Asdas do sell games from midnight, don't they?), just in case my copy from Virgin doesn't arrive on Friday.

I'm only paying £24.30 for it from Virgin - trade-in at Gamestation will be more than that, won't it?

I can usually wait until after launch day for games if it means saving a few quid, but not this one.

I sort of did this with Phantom Hourglass because Virgin messed up my order. I eventually bought it in Asda and when Zelda turned up (nearly 2 weeks late!) I flogged it to somebody at work for cost. Virgin do have a freepost return policy though so if they've messed up the order and you can take the few quid hit it might be worth doing something like that. They'd deserve it for screwing up the order.