Super Mario Galaxy on the way for Wii

Don Rosco

from IGN

If you have any fear about whether or not Super Mario Galaxy is a gimmick, or the experience is fun with the Wii remote, lay them to rest. Nintendo's latest update to its classic franchise is, in a word, intoxicating.

PUMPED!

At one point, Mario is launched from a star onto a floating pirate ship - yes, we're still in space. Don't even try to make sense of this stuff or your brain will explode.

PUMPED++!

Back to the 'shake controller to do spin jump thing'.

Now, giving the nunchuck or the wand a quick spin is far more intuitive and easy for a non gamer, compared to the usual methoed of doing this attack - i.e. spin the control stick and press A..

YOU GUYS HAVENT EVEN *TRIED* IT YET!! :rolleyes:

Wait and see, it is awesomness incarnate, BELIEVE!

Guest koopatroopa

He's OK, it's just that his opinions are wrong most of the time. :lol:

In your opinon, of course? :)

Anway like that other dude said, back on topic. I dont want to get banned again. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, but yesterday was the first time i ever joined this site. I can' see what's wrong with any of my posts here.

Yes, you join one of the most "hard-core" gaming sites on the web and proceed to post nothing but "doubts" about Wii. Surely you can see why people think you are an existing member?

But is it really going to make it easier? And putting a cursor you have to move around with the remote in a mario platform game seems like they're really straining for ideas to me.

In Mario's case probably not. Look at the DS. The new gamers who are buying Nintendogs and Animal Crossing aren't going to be playing the complicated games like Metroid Hunters. You need to cater for both types of gamer separately.

This forum is hardcore? :rolleyes:

Normal people don't post on what is essentially the Edge Forum at midnight on Wednesday night about a trade conference that is happening on the other side of the world (for most of us).

And what's really the nail in the coffin, we enjoy it.

Guest koopatroopa

Yes, you join one of the most "hard-core" gaming sites on the web and proceed to post nothing but "doubts" about Wii. Surely you can see why people think you are an existing member?

This is the first time i've posted on a video game forum since last years E3.

Back on topic.

.::: Got some impresssions of my editor walking there: Galaxy apparantly does away with the danger of falling as you are 'locked' to the planets. So in that respect it's not a collection of 'void-levels' as was hoped. Also the Wii-controls are tacked on in his opinion. He said that as, ironically, the Wii-controls for Twilight Princess don't feel tacked on at all and improve the game.

.::: Got some impresssions of my editor walking there: Galaxy apparantly does away with the danger of falling as you are 'locked' to the planets. So in that respect it's not a collection of 'void-levels' as was hoped. Also the Wii-controls are tacked on in his opinion. He said that as, ironically, the Wii-controls for Twilight Princess don't feel tacked on at all and improve the game.

That's what I was worried about. Hopefully the later levels show it off a bit better. The remote could be used really well to let you manipulate the levels.

Perhaps one of the reasons why they chose to demo Zelda during the conference rather than Mario?

As fantastic as it looks, there doesn't seem to be much actual platforming on show there. Having said that, it does look like a tutorial sort of level so it hopefully won't stay that way.

I like how it looks as if the extra grunt is going towards making the environments more expansive and interesting, rather than giving us the same sort of stuff but with better textures like these technical advances usually do.