Super Mario Galaxy on the way for Wii

Don Rosco

Guest koopatroopa

Do you know what interactive means?

You kow what i mean. I just thin that it's a bit gimmicky. I mean what does shaking the rmeote a little have to do with spinning aorund? You may aswell just press a button it's easier.

certainly makes more sense than "press that button there"

I want to see MORE intuitive controls for Mario - to arse stomp, I want to swipe down the nun-chuck, to wall jump, I want to time it with left and right swipes of the controller while having A pressed down - triple jump, I want to draw out 3 circles with the wand with A pressed - this would be most awesome.

You kow what i mean. I just thin that it's a bit gimmicky. I mean what does shaking the rmeote a little have to do with spinning aorund? You may aswell just press a button it's easier.

May as well have a win button, it's easier.

Guest koopatroopa

Err, not exactly a straghtforward link from "shakey shakey" to "spinny spinny" is it?

Exactly mate.

It's like slashing a sword in a game. If you have to shake the remote for the sword to sladh then there's not much point to it imo.

Just having to give the controller a little shake is a lot easier for someone who doesn't play games than having them press a certain button. This is again part of their strategy to bring more people in.

They know what they're doing. Can someone name me a Mario game with bad controls? :lol: I'm sure in the main game you can do more with it than just grab items and spin as well.

Guest koopatroopa

Just having to give the controller a little shake is a lot easier for someone who doesn't play games than having them press a certain button.

Maybe, but that does'nt get MY juices flowing.

I'm really looking forward to the Wii, but I have to agree that at the moment the controls seem gimmicky. You're still jumping with the A button, you're shaking the controller to spin and using the remote to move a star cursor around the world to interact with objects? I dunno, it sounds like they're straining to me. We thought they'd be using the remote directly to make him jump and stuff but it doesn't look that way.

I'm really looking forward to the Wii, but I have to agree that at the moment the controls seem gimmicky. You're still jumping with the A button, you're shaking the controller to spin and using the remote to move a star cursor around the world to interact with objects? I dunno, it sounds like they're straining to me. We thought they'd be using the remote directly to make him jump and stuff but it doesn't look that way.

I'd imagine there will be a lot more gesture control than just the spin and the cursor. I mean, that video is like the very start of a tutorial, so no doubt there will be more to it.

I've only just thought about it, but the controls in this game could potentially be amazing. I imagine it would feel somewhere inbetween being an orchestra conductor and a puppeteer. Or god. Waving the Wii remote back and forth to make Mario wall jump followed by prompts to make Mario hop, skip, jump to a high ledge, etc etc. It could be amazing.

Like Mickey Mouse in the Sorceror's Apprentice segment of Fantasia. (The bit where he's in control :( )

Guest koopatroopa

kamrantaz? :(

Sorry guys, but yesterday was the first time i ever joined this site. I can' see what's wrong with any of my posts here. I'm just giving my opinion. When other people give the same opinion nothing is said to them but whne i make a post a get shitty, sarcastic remarks.

Why don't you get on the backs of other people who have the same opinion as me?

I'm not kamrantaz and have no idea who is.

Sorry guys, but yesterday was the first time i ever joined this site. I can' see what's wrong with any of my posts here. I'm just giving my opinion. When other people give the same opinion nothing is said to them but whne i make a post a get shitty, sarcastic remarks.

There's plenty wrong with an utterly negative posting style. You managed a ban within what? 10 posts.

I've only just thought about it, but the controls in this game could potentially be amazing. I imagine it would feel somewhere inbetween being an orchestra conductor and a puppeteer.

So this game was Marionette?

All that bothers me is that it seems a little complicated control wise... especially as the Wii is supposed to be introducing a new demographic of non-gamers. It'll no doubt be wrong though.

All that bothers me is that it seems a little complicated control wise... especially as the Wii is supposed to be introducing a new demographic of non-gamers. It'll no doubt be wrong though.

Maybe that's why they aren't emphasising this title. It's a game for exisiting gamers, it doesn't co-incide with the main message they want to put across this E3.

Maybe I'm dumb but I don't understand how the cursor on this and TP is actually going to work. Surely everytime you move the remote, the star cursor, or the fairy in the case of Zelda is going to move across the screen even if you don't want it to. Or do you have to press a button to move the cursor? It sounds pretty complicated, I'm really not convinced that these controls are going to be any easier for this type of game.

Just never have a go at Lord of the Rings and you'll be fine.

Maybe I'm dumb but I don't understand how the cursor on this and TP is actually going to work. Surely everytime you move the remote, the star cursor, or the fairy in the case of Zelda is going to move across the screen even if you don't want it to. Or do you have to press a button to move the cursor? It sounds pretty complicated, I'm really not convinced that these controls are going to be any easier for this type of game.

Until we can get our hands on it ourselves we can only speculate and guess but i think the immersion levels are going to be ramped right up.

Guest koopatroopa

There's plenty wrong with an utterly negative posting style. You managed a ban within what? 10 posts.

Theres nothing "utterly negative" about my posting style. Your just too sensitive. I don't bullshit. I'm talkign about a damn video games consloe, not your wife. Jesus.

Like i said i'm just giving my opinion. If i'm not impressed with something then that's what i'm goign to post about. I'm not going to sugar coat it and post BS for all the Nintendo fans.

I'm not going to tread on egg shells either.

There's nothing wrong with any of my posts. There's nothing "utterly negative" about them.

I like Mario and i will buy this game but to me it's just more of the same like Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine. Other people have expressed the same opinion in this thread yet nothing has been said to them.

This is just my opinion!