Super Mario Galaxy on the way for Wii

Don Rosco

It was like Mario meets Nights.

How can a game be anything less than 'teh best thing ever' when this game fits that description? :)

Can't fucking wait, I hope it's a launch game.

Nintendo, I love you. So fucking much.

o/\o

(On a side note, MS' conference impressed me too. It's Sony that may fuck off now.)

o/\o

As much as I can't wait for Wii, this video in particular gives me a funny feeling. I just can't imagine how the controls will work :) . Sometimes I get the impression that I'll need the dexterity of a Shaolin monk, which is obv. against the whole concept of the Wii-mote. Maybe I'm just finding it hard to visual using the thing, but I also remember Jungle Beat which, IMO, was a complete turn off to play. It could just be a case of unlearning what I already know but sometimes working a stick and buttons is hard enough let alone a stick, buttons and both hands in 360 movement too.

I'll stress that I can't wait for Wii.

I'm more excited by Super Paper Mario than Suoer Mario Galaxy. I'm still excited by SMG, but the disappointment over Super Mario Sunshine has added a side order of caution to my excitement.

They're developing SMG for like ages, and I think Miyamoto is more involved this time. Super Paper Mario is amazing too ofcourse.

I'm not sold on that video. The camera needs work and it looks quite restrictive. It doesn't look like you control the bits between planets, you just got shot from planet to planet, do whatever needs doing, and then move on. Over the course of a game I think that would get boring.

That said it looked like a tutorial level so you would hope that it broadens out later on.

The control seems a little strange. it looks like she is moving with the analogue and also swatting at things with the remote like a stylus.

I hope you can fly freely throughout the galaxy later on in the game, that would be cool.

It's odd how they didn't make more of a deal out of it - but I suppose that's what happens when your company mascot's in every other game you release.

I just think they knew full well that it's only through playing it you get a proper impression. Video footage doesn't really tell us much.

It's odd how they didn't make more of a deal out of it - but I suppose that's what happens when your company mascot's in every other game you release.

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of innovation in the first few minutes of that demo, so it wouldn't have made a great impression to demo it. I really hope there's a lot more to it than just using the remote to collect things and activate switches.

Be sure to download the big video. Youtube REALLY doesn't do it justice!

http://main.yourweb.de/files/smg1.wmv

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of innovation in the first few minutes of that demo, so it wouldn't have made a great impression to demo it. I really hope there's a lot more to it than just using the remote to collect things and activate switches.

To be honest the demo looks more like a control tutorial to me than the actual game.

I'd imagine it's quite a long way off. No doubt the hype machine ramp up something fierce at a later stage.

I'm getting more and more excited about this now. Miyamoto in charge (of course, how could it be any other way?), the new controller...cutting-edge stuff. The Future! Can't wait for E3 a few years down the line, when everyone else catches up.

Guest koopatroopa

To do the spinning attack you shake the remote a little. I don't know what# ssupposed to be interatcive about that. Personly i woud lrather just press a button to do it. Its easier.

I hope that the standard twin analouge pad is compatible with all the games in case i dont like the Wii Wand.