Elite Beat Agents

moosegrinder

Just finished my first run through on normal and can't say I'm that impressed.

The music really lets it down. Some of the tracks really are terrible. The penultimate level is an absolute mess.

Certainly playable, but I'm not sure if I can bear to sit through some of those awful tracks again.

I can't believe they've still got the spinning wheel in at the end of each stage, if ever there was something that needed to be snipped that was it. Required no skill and all it did was contribute towards permenantly marking your DS touch screen ( if you actually wanted to win it ).

The spinning wheel seems to be much much easier now though.

And the one thing that did need changing, unskippable intros, has been.

Did anyone pay close attention to the credits? The multiplayer songs look ace, ABC by the Jackson 5, Survivor by Destiny's Child and another one I can't remember.

Has anyone got to Insane mode yet?

Yeah, but the music in Ouendan was hardly amazing, was it? It was just Japanese pop. I remember being a bit underwhelmed by it's music after the first run through as well, but it just grows on you.

I think the music in ouendan is excellent. Not just because it's japanese, they're nearly all memorable tunes.

I've unlocked hard now and, like Ouendan, this seems to be where the real meat of the game is. It's been long enough that I've lost my touch, too. EBA seems a bit more forgiving, but the tracks seem more complex. Currently getting pwned by hard 'Highway Star.'

There seems to be more misses on the soundtrack than Ouendan, though a few of the tracks I found irritating are starting to grow on me. That penultimate song really is made of fail and AIDS, though, isn't it? Absolutely fucking absymal, but for me 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' more than made up for it. Not quite up to RSG standards, but bloody great.

Material Girl (including camp 'Woo!'s) is GENIUS.

Yeah, but the music in Ouendan was hardly amazing, was it? It was just Japanese pop. I remember being a bit underwhelmed by it's music after the first run through as well, but it just grows on you.

Ouendan's music is good because it adds to the - gnngh - "quirkiness", and anything fucking "quirky" is much better than conventional stuff pulled off effectively.

Jesus. :)

No idea if you're agreeing with me or not, but thanks.

But fucking hell, A Pug's Life is amazing. So is the Ashlee Simpson song, and Jumpin' Jack Flash, and Material Girl, and YMCA, and the Walkie Talkie Man. I even liked the penultimate song.

I really need to try the multiplayer to try ABC, I wish it was just a normal level.

I Was Born To Love You is fucking fucking fucking fucking shit though.

So it seems ABC and such aren't multiplayer only tracks at all, but rather bonus levels. I've unlocked two of them so far through playing hard mode which I've ALMOST completed. Just one last section of Jumpin' Jack Flash then we'll see if they stuck with the cheerleaders.

Has anyone noticed how much better the dancers are in this? They do real little dances instead of just pointing and bending in different directions. They even mime playing on the guitar in Sk8r Boi!

The hardest track for me so far was Canned Heat on hard. Let's Dance gave me some problems too. Apart from that they've all been pretty easy.

Which is the penultimate song?

The penultimate song is "Without a Fight". A level that must have been knocked up in 15 minutes by the designer repeatedly slapping his flaccid, syphilis ridden cock on the keyboard. Yes, it's that bad.

The hardest track for me so far was Canned Heat on hard. Let's Dance gave me some problems too. Apart from that they've all been pretty easy.
I found 'Canned Heat' ridiculously hard at first, but now it's clicked it's become a favourite. That and 'Highway Star' were the big sticking points for me.

I'm now stuck on hard 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' too... After the second chorus there are a bunch of notes that don't seem to fit with the music at all, and they get me every time. Heeeeaaaalp!

Yeah, that level was great.

I've just hit that Jamiroquai level like a fucking brick wall. Fuck that shit - the beats are all ever so slightly off of the sound cues and I'm utterly useless.

On hard? Stick with it, its got a clicking point where you just race through it afterwards