rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Chris303

The Camera Phone Thread

From the West to the East hill

DSC00104.jpg

I can see the top of my flat :ph34r:

I wish I lived in the old town :wub:

Blimey, that's rather high quality. I have the same phone, but as I've never transferred any images back to my PC, I didn't realise they came out that nicely...

They come out 1600x1200. There is a knack to it though - it doesn't like low light or movement.

This was on my way to the station this morning. I've started a new Flickr set called Hastingz Hotrodz - there are some real automotive crimes around our way.

144428420_73557cea73_b.jpg

Hastings is certainly the town for that. Where do you live out of interest lfj? How old are you?

I'm always surprised to see people form Hastings on Rllmuk, but I don't know why that is. :)

St Leonards. I'm 28.

Have you seen that metallic yellow Audi coupe with the stupid triangular overlay on the headlights. That's my favourite local barry job so far.

I think there at least four of us from the H-town. Pub?

When I was in Bristol last week waiting for Rob H to pick me up at the train station there was a Ford Galaxy minicab with a huge Nike Swoosh on the bonnet and Halfords spinners on.

I'd love a pint, but I don't live in Hastings anymore. Das Tapen does and I know him from the real world (:)) - Also, Redsquirrel, but I don't know him. My Mum and brothers do live there though. It is amusing returning every once in a while. Being a town I guess the tastes and all that get a bit inbred and the people who screech around in their modified Astras and such genuinely think they are cool. Ah well, its better than some pastimes I guess.

Anyway, I digress. More phone photos please, some of these are really great.

Have you seen that metallic yellow Audi coupe with the stupid triangular overlay on the headlights. That's my favourite local barry job so far.

HAHAHAHA! Oh my God, Stiff. You know who's car that is? Tits! Oh man, that made me laugh. I agree, it's awful. It belongs to a friend (loosely used there) of mine. Everyone ribs him about it. He spent like 20 grand on it, and the actual car's worth about 5p.

It's not up to the standard of others on here, but here's a nice photo I took of my local golf course in winter using the k750i

DSC00676.jpg

An image I took, again with my k750i, at an Aberdeen vs Rangers match

DSC00870.jpg

Again, with my k750i.... This is the Finnish Ocean. Yes, Ocean!!

DSC00872.jpg

And finally, nothing much... This is a photo I took during filming of the Finnish version of 'Have I Got News For You'

DSC00873.jpg

My new favourite drink

You and a million other people. You all continue to pay £3+ a bottle when in Ireland it's their equivalent of Strongbow. I'm sorry, being a barman is a curse. Lovely picture thought by the way ;)

HAHAHAHA! Oh my God, Stiff. You know who's car that is? Tits! Oh man, that made me laugh. I agree, it's awful. It belongs to a friend (loosely used there) of mine. Everyone ribs him about it. He spent like 20 grand on it, and the actual car's worth about 5p.

No way!!

Lolz. Is he still wearing all those clothes he bought with a loan in America 5 years ago?

Is he still wearing all those clothes he bought with a loan in America 5 years ago?

No, I think he sold most of them to random scrubs at Falaise! He's living in a granny flat on Mount Pleasant road with a (not very attractive) girl.

My new favourite drink taken with a D750i.

150668581_d6536db175.jpg

I live next door to their orchard.

That marketing spend since last year is really working. From Irish tramp drink to the toast of Vintners associations.

I think it's a bit sweeter in London though. It definitely has a more sour taste over here. You should see how dripping cider from the vats has managed to corrode solid concrete and metal. Your poor stomach!

You and a million other people. You all continue to pay £3+ a bottle when in Ireland it's their equivalent of Strongbow. I'm sorry, being a barman is a curse. Lovely picture thought by the way :wacko:

True enough.

Tramps now drink cheap Lidl cider and Bulmers (as it is here) has become fashionable over the last decade.

The last marketing campaign in England was so successful that they're extending the factory and adding more vats for the second time in three years.

From Irish tramp drink to the toast of Vintners associations.

Exactly, I love the way people think they're drinking some sort of cider revelation! Sorry jimtendo, as long as you like it, that's all that matters! This has gone OT! :wacko:

Exactly, I love the way people think they're drinking some sort of cider revelation! Sorry jimtendo, as long as you like it, that's all that matters! This has gone OT! :wacko:

haha! I have truly been suckered by the advertising I think.

A few Irish people have told me it's piss but it doesn't seem to give me the hangovers I usually get from cider. But that's probably because I live in Somerset and most of the good local stuff can be anything up to 12% and have bits of straw floating in it.

OK, I've been working on a cool little app that should effectively enable anyone with a camera phone to MMS this thread. There's going to be amazing scenes, but I need to test out the bits where it posts to the forum. I'm just going to post an image of my mug - the user will be Ansel Bleedin' Adams...

OK, kickass. I think it's time to get some beta testers on here.

Update:

To register, send an MMS from your phone to register@mobile.strawp.net with you user number (and only your user number) in the body. Your user number is the number at the end of the URL when you view your profile, e.g. mine is 504. You may have to attach an image in order to force your phone to send an MMS, this is fine but the image will be dropped from the registration message on receipt.

Give it about 10 minutes and you will recieve a confirmation PM with a URL you'll need to go to. The address in the URL will have further instructions.

and how much does all this cost?

Whatever it costs you to send an MMS. You'll be sending to an email address, so it's not like SMS where a number can charge you to send to it. It depends what contract you're on, how big your picture is, etc.

I expect a lot of people get this sort of stuff free with their contract.

Oh, forgot to add - most people's networks generally add the "from" address of MMS emails to contain your phone number. If I don't already have your phone number then I don't really care what it is, but if don't want me to have this information, don't register.

So does it auto-post in this thread using the Ansel account?

Aye. Obviously I can't have it long in as someone else unless I have their username and password, which would be bad.