rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Chris303

The Camera Phone Thread

Panasonic VS6 (2mpixel) on a winter day as the sun was going down.

I have one of these, and I like it (though it sometimes seems very quiet on the actual phone front). The camera has delivered a few decent shots (I'll look some up when I get home) though I find it takes a while to switch to camera mode. When I say a while, you know, I mean about three seconds, but it can be an arse when you want to capture something quickly, after it's added to the the time of taking the phone out, opening it up, etc.

When shooting videos the lens is in a prime position for your fingers to get in the way, but you soon get used to that. I think it was a decent choice, especially for the price (£90-odd PAYG at the time from a bricks & mortar shop). Considering it also has bluetooth, it was well-priced in comparison to similar models.

I have one of these, and I like it (though it sometimes seems very quiet on the actual phone front). The camera has delivered a few decent shots (I'll look some up when I get home) though I find it takes a while to switch to camera mode. When I say a while, you know, I mean about three seconds, but it can be an arse when you want to capture something quickly, after it's added to the the time of taking the phone out, opening it up, etc.

When shooting videos the lens is in a prime position for your fingers to get in the way, but you soon get used to that. I think it was a decent choice, especially for the price (£90-odd PAYG at the time from a bricks & mortar shop). Considering it also has bluetooth, it was well-priced in comparison to similar models.

I love mine. It is a bit quiet on the phone front but you learn to actually place your ear next to the speaker and it's alright. Switching to camera mode didn't bother me. The best thing about it is the screen size - it's bigger than anything. Anything. Wonderful screen, true 16.7m colours. Menu layout's nice, it feels nice, I love the illuminations (and actually use them), everything's dead simple to work and the only thing it 'lacks' is a multimedia slot - but I would never have used it anyway, which is why I bought it in the first place. Camera is also rather good, what with it being 2mp and all. I think it's an absolute steal for that price: I bought mine on contract (as opposed to a V3) and have never for a single moment regretted the purchase. I love it. It's also great to have an individual phone for once too. And everyone's impressed by the flashy lights, and they fight over who's what colour when they txt me. Well, kinda.

Some that were taken on a very shitty Sagem mYX-7, which was procured from RLLMUK's bargain thread.

e1invaders4tu.jpg

Taken on Brick Lane

greatscott6dy.jpg

From Spitalfields market, I think I posted this somewhere else on the board.

therockii7mi.jpg

Uluru.

southgatestation5iy.jpg

A shop in Harajuku, Tokyo.

shibuya8us.jpg

Shibuya.

The camera on the phone is only 1.1 megapixels, so i was amazed to see that the majority of photos I took were actually more than blurry pixels.

140868856_2e9c44cf29_o.jpg

DB9

140868857_57dce843d2.jpg

Police Range Rover

Both taken with my Nokia 6680. And while the quality isn't quite as good as the k750i (1.3mp as opposed to 2.0), it has the advantage of not taking a second or two to actually capture the image. That was one of the main reasons I sold on the K750i's I had - it's nothing like the advert where you can catch an image in a snap. It has to autofocus and everything else first.

Its a live theatre production thig called the Sultans Elephant, currently being shown on the streets of London.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on it in off topic, actually. It's fucking wicked.

I prefer the DB9 :angry:

Seen a few of them now, and a Merc SLR.

Aye, but the things you could do with that Range!

And an SLR? PST PIX PLZ111!1

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on it in off topic, actually. It's fucking wicked.

Is this one of those beard things? Where you say something completely wrong on purpose? Or maybe because there are two threads on in it OT?

I hate beards :(

I've looked at the range long and hard, and I reckon the Vanquish S looks the best. But I'd rather own a DB9: same engine, looks better, much nicer interior, manual gearbox. If I was rich enough I'd just get the engine tweaked a bit to match the power of S... the V8 doesn't do it for me at all. V12 all the way!

30-year-old Jag underneath though. Much rather have a V600 Vantage: last of the truly old-skool Astons. In fact I'd be tempted to get one of those over a DB9, they cost about the same.

Nokia N70 (2 mega pixel)

140815493_1f26933cae_b.jpg

Blimey, that's rather high quality. I have the same phone, but as I've never transferred any images back to my PC, I didn't realise they came out that nicely...

Heres some i took in Knole park last year on my K750i. Reduced by about 60%

knole14sm.jpg

knole28xr.jpg

The 750i has got a great camera on it for daytime pics. Friday night in the pub pics aint so great (even with the flash)

And finally one of those panoramic things when it snowed at Christmas

DSC00258.jpg

You've got to be shitting me - what phone was that taken on?

And Shinji, I'd say the N70 pisses on the D600, especially for video, as the D series suffers from jerkiness. Not to mention the second or two delay you get when taking a high quality picture - something the larger Nokia phones like the 6680 and N70 don't suffer from (along with the jerky video problem - smooth as J-Los arse covered in butter on the Nokias).

stiff_one's right. This thread isn't for stupid willy waving, it's for photos. It's as retarded as walking into the main photo thread and saying 'I've got a 1DS Mk II, so suck my cock you lowly base DSLR owners!'

Quality of the tool is important, but if you have no artistic flair or an eye for good subjects your photos are worthless. Can we get back to actual photos? Ta.

You've got to be shitting me - what phone was that taken on?

Its on my W800i. The phone lines don't quite match up I noticed. :lol:

I couldn't see the picture properly until I stuck it on the PC the other day. :rolleyes: