rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
simms

Sega announce Sega Rally Revo

I completed this with the pad ages ago, but gonna play through it again with the steering wheel after having some GRID lovin' earlier.

Jeez, I find it impossible to stay in a straight line, go round corners or go anywhere near as 'perfectly' as I can with the pad.

Anyone else had troubles?

Not played it with a wheel but there's definitely an art to it. I put an unholy amount of time into playing SR but having gone back to PGR3 last night I just spent half the time spazzing into the walls, and I had previously thought it a lot easier to control than SR. It'll probably click in it's own way with a bit more practice.

I've started playing this again last night, with a friend, after seeing the WRC on Dave.

And when I say again, I didn't really play it first time around as I didn't get it. Until now? Last night, I did see some of the magic - on the Alpine courses I managed almost perfect powerslides around a few of the hairpins, in the Fabia. When it goes right, it feels really good.

My current technique is to approach the corner wide, lift-off, turn-in, and power on all the way around. Are there other techniques? I'd love some more tips.

Also, what's the deal with the cars? I think the modified cars must be front-wheel drive, as they suck! Understeer followed by jerky non-powerslides. There's no FLOW!

Anybody use the handbrake?

Also, what are people's favourite cars?

I'm using the Fabia and the 206, which are both very controllable and look good. I also used the 207 in multiplayer, which seemed awesome.

I've just picked this up again too, after several months of neglect. It's great fun to play - I wish I'd have played more of it sooner, really. I've still not got the cornering spot on - I usually go too fast. I was using Road all the time to get a better top speed, but seem to get on better with the Off Road setting now. I don't use the handbrake. I've been using the Subaru for the first set of races (which I've now finished). I've been using the Punto in the modified class, and the RS2000 in the other class.

Myself and two friends had a bit of a time trial going on on Alpine1 with the Lancer a little while back and it was fantastic. The three of us would creep past each other's times which in turn pushed you into learning the course better. We were getting times we previously thought would be impossible.

IMO this game is pure class and is massively underrated. There's not a bad track in the whole game and the handling is brilliant.

Picked this up at the weekend for £7.99 on 360. Couldn't resist. Like a lot of people I thought it was just a bit too slidey and floaty after the first couple of goes but it really started to click last night. Absolutely love it.

I especially like the feeling you get when the tyres dig in to the tracks already laid down and when you hit a hairpin just right and powerslide your arse round it's a glorious feeling. It's starting to show it's handling nuances more and more.

One thing I'm finding strange: in Championship mode it doesn't seem to record your best lap times... This seems like a rubbish oversight. When I'm driving round the same track for the umpteenth time I don't just want to beat the opposition, I also want to see if I can beat my best times. Why didn't they do this?

Or is is squirrelled away on some option screen somewhere? If not I just can't beleive they didn't include it.

Is this game really, really difficult, or am I just really shit? I love it, it's fun to play and it looks gorgeous and all that, but I find it so hard to place first.

Sega Rally is seven shades of awesome. Came out on the same day as Halo3 and Ea's Skate. When I picked it up much later I actually wished I'd bought it on release instead of Halo 3. Looks gorgeous, provides thrills and is a really good challenge you can get your teeth stuck into with no easy modes or unneccesary bullet point fluff.

I think it's the best arcade racer on the 360, so much time attack potential, every track is a cracker and the handling is very satisfying (standard imo qualifier).

Incidentally the arcade version is playable on a PC. 60fps goodness with the original Rally tracks added. A bit gutted the team disbanded as I'd have bought them as DLC at a high price.

Is this game really, really difficult, or am I just really shit? I love it, it's fun to play and it looks gorgeous and all that, but I find it so hard to place first.

You really have to get the hang of taking the bends quickly. You normally have to start turning quite a bit before you get to the turn, and make liberal use of Scandinavian flicks.

I find the bonnet cam is far and away the best, the external views I find useless, and the bumper cam you can't see enough of the track.

this is also AWESOME with the MS steering wheel.