The Official E3 2006 Thread

Rayn

I guess time will tell. I hope the MGS4 trailer was an accurate depiction of what we can expect in game with lots going on. That would be pretty wonderful. But given what we've seen on the 360 so far, I can't see it happening.

The best gauge on kojima is to locate the early MGS2 trailers.

Having them on the extra dvd with the game is magic because you can basically see that those early trailers and the finaly game are essentially the same.

Anyone know of a list of all the press conference times?

Sony will be holding its pre-E3 conference from 2:00 pm to 3:45 pm on May 8, 2006 at the Sony Pictures Studio in Culver City, California.

Nintendo will be holding its press conference at 9:30am PST on May 9, 2006 at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood, California

Microsoft will host its event two hours later at the nearby, famed Grauman's Chinese Theatre

Source: Gamasutra.

Hmm, EG has a slightly different time for the Sony first one.

Sony - Monday May 8th 4:00PM PDT - Midnight UK

Nintendo - Tuesday May 9th 9:30AM PDT - 5:30PM UK

Microsoft - Tuesday May 9th 12:00PM PDT - 8:00PM UK

I guess time will tell. I hope the MGS4 trailer was an accurate depiction of what we can expect in game with lots going on. That would be pretty wonderful. But given what we've seen on the 360 so far, I can't see it happening.

It's entirely possible. TBH, I don't think the 360's even had a chance to shine in the graphics department yet. Most games have had, what, less than a year to be flung onto shelves?

Gamespot are doing a free live feed I think...

edit

Gamespot E3 Coverage

Click the 'GameSpot's E3 Press Conference Coverage Chart' link for full details.

Still worth signing up for a month though in my opinion, only costs a few quid which gives you all the videos in nice HD format :]

edit2

The Microsoft live stream is for subscribers only, bit strange?

Gamespot are doing a free live feed I think...

edit

Gamespot E3 Coverage

Click the 'GameSpot's E3 Press Conference Coverage Chart' link for full details.

Still worth signing up for a month though in my opinion, only costs a few quid which gives you all the videos in nice HD format :]

edit2

The Microsoft live stream is for subscribers only, bit strange?

All this HD shit makes me wonder if they're not doing a normal feed - for free - but not bothering to tell anyone in the hope they'll stump up a couple of quid for entry.

Hmm, EG has a slightly different time for the Sony first one.

Sony - Monday May 8th 4:00PM PDT - Midnight UK

Nintendo - Tuesday May 9th 9:30AM PDT - 5:30PM UK

Microsoft - Tuesday May 9th 12:00PM PDT - 8:00PM UK

Ack! :P

Well at least it'll be up to d/l by the morning.

The new MGS4 trailer is pretty much all I care about because it'll simply destroy everything else at the show.

I suppose I'll check out Wii at some point (ugh).

See what I mean.

I've never understood how every time an MGS trailer is shown it wins Game of the Show awards from everyone and their iguana over stuff that's actually playable.

I swear it's some sort of industry in joke.

Nintendo's offical US site has got a free live feed of theirs.

And I won't be crying into my cereal if I don't get to see microsoft's. It's like being able to have tea with Elvis and Jimi Hendrix but being snubbed by Barry Manilow.

It would be brilliant if there was a live feed of the ms conference on Live :P Not going to happen though.

I'm really looking forward to trying to watch all the live feeds while reading the comments here. I remember a ms conference (not an E3 one) where there was a rumour that SEGATON (aka Shenmue3) was going to be announced. Although no one really believed it, the reactions when the camera at the conference showed the Sega logo on a screen behind Bill were priceless. And I must admit that I was also like "OMG! OMG!" when I saw that logo.

Other than that I'm really hoping that ms will deliver a lot of downloadable content during the show, and not only trailers.

And the Wii is going to be brilliant, despite its name.

See what I mean.

I've never understood how every time an MGS trailer is shown it wins Game of the Show awards from everyone and their iguana over stuff that's actually playable.

I swear it's some sort of industry in joke.

I think it's simply because the trailers are so damn good. You have to hand it to Kojima and his team, they certainly know how to inject some genuine excitement (and suspense, and humour) into the proceedings, even if it is non-playable stuff. That original MGS2 trailer is still probably the best videogame trailer I've seen. It still gives me actual goosebumps.

Just to clarify, there is no live feed for the Microsoft conference, anywhere. Microsoft won't allow it.

Instead, Gamespot's feed is on an hour delay and anyone else who is showing it will have a delayed feed too.

giant_frying_pan

That's just stupid. What's so bad about having a live feed? What's the advantage of not allowing it? Surely any 'megaton' surprise announcements and the first showing of Halo 3 would make for good pr with all those gamenerds going "OMG!!1!" simultaneously on forums all over the world? Like, for example, Allard saying "THIS is Halo 3 [shows trailer, audience goes nuts] and it's NOW available for download on the marketplace!" or CliffyB demonstrating GoW and then saying "And now you can check it out for yourself, the demo is available NOW!"

Ah well, at least there is a live feed for the Nintendo one, with Reggie going "Weeeeee!" a lot.

Feel sorry for the people attending. Grauman's Chinese is right next door to the Kodak. Either they'll go there with a severe rush of blood to their heads or complete disappointment. Hopefully the former! :angry:

I think it's simply because the trailers are so damn good. You have to hand it to Kojima and his team, they certainly know how to inject some genuine excitement (and suspense, and humour) into the proceedings, even if it is non-playable stuff. That original MGS2 trailer is still probably the best videogame trailer I've seen. It still gives me actual goosebumps.

MGS2 was the last good trailer though and that had problems. All the others have been put together so poorly that it makes me think it's a joke even more. The biggest problem they have is not knowing where to end and how to put it together. If they released it for a film they'd laughed at.