The Official E3 2006 Thread

Rayn

OMG I cannot wait for E3 next Tuesday, so much I am going to get my popcorn and eat it next to my PC monitor. ;)

I like to watch Nintendo do E3 conference because Reggie I like him when he announced Zelda on the Gamecube and the Nintendo Ds so casually B) , that is where his likeability comes from I suppose his casualness in the most important moment like ‘just one more world to go on your GC’ in E3 Nintendo 2005 and he showed realistic Zelda and I got so excited!

He is cool announce big thing with such a stylist casual manner.

I heart Reggie fils aims.

I'm only really intrerested in the Rev and the Wow expansion. Not bothered about the rest tbh.

Yes

I'm only looking forward to stuff on World of Warcraft - The Burning Crusade and any info on the Wii.

Everything else is just a bonus.

You said that already :P

Has the pope been smoking too much lately?? :angry:

As interested as I am in PS3 and Wii and I am, I really am. for me MS are going to be the interesting ones to watch. All Sony and Nintendo have to do is go "ta-daaaa!" and we'll be impressed MS need to fight tooth and nail and I'm certain they'll have some big surprises to counter with.

I'm praying that those rumours of Pilotwings on the Wii are true.

Also any other decent Wii titles, real playable PS3 games and all that Live content - hopefully more demos than trailers. Oh and Zelda on the DS and GC/Wii.

Shame about the lack of Diablo III. Damn IGN for misinforming me!! :angry:

Can't wait to see MGS4. They've just let some audio out (Kojima Productions Site) and it seems like Outer Heaven is involved again -Big Boss? :)

But he's dead. :wub:

Or is he, etc.

I'm also looking forward to the backlash from suckers who believed the hype from Sony's video presentation, only to be aghast when in-game footage doesn't live up to their expectations.

I'll be interested to see how much 'simulated' PS3 game videos we'll see this year as opposed to on the floor playable stuff. I can imagine they're going to keep the big hitter franchises to video only, so they can 'present them in the best way' and leave a bunch of EA genericism for the show floor.

I'm also looking forward to the backlash from suckers who believed the hype from Sony's video presentation, only to be aghast when in-game footage doesn't live up to their expectations.

MK-1601 specifically eh?

MK-1601 specifically eh?

I'm really looking forward to 1up.com's plans for covering E3.

Fri, May 5 The 1UP Show -- Pre-E3 Sextravaganza.

Weds, May 10 The 1UP Show @ E3 -- These will be mini-shows made from the floor.

Thurs, May 11 The 1UP Show @ E3.

Fri, May 12 The 1UP Show @ E3.

Fri, May 19 The 1UP Show -- Post-E3-cigarette.

You'd do well to ignore their dramatic aspirations and download the shows, if only to get impressions and footage all in one go - plus there's blogs and podcasts to go along with the videos. At any rate, it's different enough to take note of - plus it's all free.

Oh, and if you've not downloaded the 1UP podcast yet, do it.

Close Ad X

MGS trailers have always used the ingame engine.

Using a game engine to render is one thing. Getting the same graphical splendour when running game code too is a different matter. Remember the PSOne T-Rex demo?

Using a game engine to render is one thing. Getting the same graphical splendour when running game code too is a different matter. Remember the PSOne T-Rex demo?

If the demos for previous MGS games are anything to go by, Kojima hasn't mislead anybody with the MGS4 demo - least of all himself.

If the demos for previous MGS games are anything to go by, Kojima hasn't mislead anybody with the MGS4 demo - least of all himself.

I guess time will tell. I hope the MGS4 trailer was an accurate depiction of what we can expect in game with lots going on. That would be pretty wonderful. But given what we've seen on the 360 so far, I can't see it happening.

I'm sure it will be pretty damn close in terms of the graphics, but the impressive animation etc you see in these videos rarely make it to the final product. It's like the recent Brothers in Arms trailer, the most impressive parts were when all the rubble and shit went flying past you after the explosion and then when you catch the guy who has just been shot, in your arms. However, neither of which will make the final game in all likelyhood.