IGNORED

Virtua Tennis 3

simms

Having a go at the PS3 probably would be a little off, especially since we've just done Go! Sudoku and Super Rub a Dub for it :lol:

---

S0L

---

You're back!

Now can please tell us when somebody's going to realise allowing Duke & King in ranked matches was a ludicrous decision, and patch the game accordingly. Thanks! ;)

I've never really been away :angry:

I can't say if there will ever be a patch, as that would be Sega and Microsofts decision.

We have been collecting all the feedback we've had directly, or have seen via the forums. If there was number one item on the list, it would be that King and Duke should not be allowed in Ranked games.

If we were to do any update to the game, I'm very sure that this issue would be resolved :(

---

S0L

---

• 3 weeks later...
Aye, being able to play as Duke and King online makes it totally redundant :)

This. I beat someone who was playing as Duke the other day with Roddick which felt quite sweet. I could hear the other person cursing at every lost point.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick post to say that there is an update available for the Xbox360 version.

This removes Duke and King from being allowed in Ranked Matches, as well as some other behind the scenes tweaks to hopefully improve play on Live.

Hopefully we've addressed most of the useful feedback we've had ;)

---

S0L

---

Quick post to say that there is an update available for the Xbox360 version.

This removes Duke and King from being allowed in Ranked Matches, as well as some other behind the scenes tweaks to hopefully improve play on Live.

Hopefully we've addressed most of the useful feedback we've had ;)

---

S0L

---

Wow, good stuff. I might play a few ranked games again now then.

Hmm... just had a few games and while the absence of Duke and King is amazing, I can't help but feel something is different - and not in a good way. I can't put my finger on it but the whole game just feels a little different - I'm finding it nigh-on impossible to pull off dropshots online and blatant MAX power shots aren't coming off like that.

Have the player strengths been tweaked or is it just me?

I'm glad it takes so much less time to find a game these days though.

Ha. Just thought I'd have a look on here, cos I was thinking "I've not played Duke or King for a while...I wonder if that update got rid of them?"

Great news, but it's taken em too long. My ratings are fairly shite thanks to the number of unwinnable matches against Duke and King.

Oh yeah, has anyone noticed that everyone keeps serving drop shots? The new technique of choice for ex-King and ex-Duke's?

Something else I've noticed with the update - my pad now vibrates. Is this set to 'On' by default as a result of the update?

Yeah, I noticed this.

Infinitely better now that Duke & King aren't in ranked matches. Can't say I've noticed it's any quicker to set up matches though. It's still painfully slow for me.

So, is Monfils is the new Duke & King then? Pretty much everyone uses him now.

• 1 month later...

Tis a great game. I've not played it since I was crowned the forum champ, but I'd go back to it if we kicked off some more structured online games.

Definitely worth buying. Just as playable and addictive as the others, but with a few changes to the way it works.