rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Alien Vs Predator 2: Requiem

if somebody made "sherlock holmes versus predator" id pay to see the thing.

(didnt predator 2 infer that a predator was actually springheeled jack? so thats how it would work)

other than that i just dont think i care anymore.

I'd like the see an Alien vs Predator vs Terminator film, possibly. As the comic I read was cool. Although it had alien/terminator hybrids I think, which looked really weird.

avpvttpb.jpg

...it's actually pretty good

You think? I thought it was pretty shit tbh. <_<

I like the first hour of AVP< but the end is just dire. The climax is a real snorefest compared even to Alien Resurrection.

I suppose the first part was pretty good (ish). Apart from the utterly lame 'gathering of the characters' at the start, the parts in Antarctic are pretty cool. It all goes shit when the Alien and Predators show up, which is kind of ironic I guess.

Batman Vs Predator is actually pretty good as is Superman Vs Predator, although I've never been able to get hold of a copy of Batman Vs Aliens (pt 1) as it's way to expensive ;)

Hmmm I'll downgrade it to ''ok'' but I wouldn't say it was shit - just too short.

I'll meet you half way and say it was "ok" too.

I mean ffs, now matter how shit it is- it's called Aliens Vs Predator Vs The Terminator, that's worth respect in itself. :)

Two "Visual Effects Supervisors"? What the fuck?

Mind you, you could get a fucking monkey to direct and it'd still turn out better than the first.

I said that about Resident Evil but the second one was even shitter than the first, Anderson cannot write for shit you could get the best director in the world and he wouldn't be able to do shit with a script from Anderson, we can pray he has no involvement in it.

Let's hope the early script review about rednecks and Aliens and Predator's fighting in K-Mart isn't made cause then it would be worse.

I said that about Resident Evil but the second one was even shitter than the first, Anderson cannot write for shit you could get the best director in the world and he wouldn't be able to do shit with a script from Anderson, we can pray he has no involvement in it.

Let's hope the early script review about rednecks and Aliens and Predator's fighting in K-Mart isn't made cause then it would be worse.

Oh right, I didn't realise Anderson was still writing.

Cock.

I think they still need to do a true sequel to Aliens, or a standalone film set in the Alien universe.

My idea:

A space jockey ship is sent with a cargo full of eggs to earth, with the intention of wiping out humanity so that Earth can be used as a breeding ground (Ridley Scott mentions that this was the purpose of the ship that the Nostromo discovers in the Alien 1 DVD). The xenomorphs were a biomechanical weapon created by the Space Jockeys, and the ship that crashed on LV-426 was essentially a "transport vessel" - the plot for my film would be an extension of this.

Of course the scientists are celebrating the fact that the world has finally established alien contact, without realising the true purpose of the vessel. Facehuggers hatch, aliens begin destroying an entire city (lets say New York) and turning it into a giant hive, in a similar way to what happened on LV-426.

USMC are sent in, Gears of War style, to try and reclaim the city and destroy the alien ship which is being used to communicate with the Jockeys - to relay the status of the hive and potentially deploy more cargo vessels to different locations on Earth. They consider nuking the site from orbit, but the loss of civilian life would be far too great. They have no other option but to send in USMC teams on a suicide mission into the centre of the hive. The film revolves around one marine's (like Hicks) experience of the entire event.

The key is, although it's set on Earth, it retains the claustrophobia and atmosphere of the originals as the marines descend into the depths of the hive - and the whole freakiness of seeing familiar locations mixed with the beautiful yet dark biomechanical architecture. The art direction would really make it special.

Since we've had these big scale disaster flicks like Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day, I'm sure a convincing hive city could be created from modern day New York...

No predators. This is my Alien 5 so to speak.

I always though the whole "versus" movie idea was cheesy shit anyway. Freddy vs Jason, Alien vs Predator etc...

I think they still need to do a true sequel to Aliens, or a standalone film set in the Alien universe.

My idea:

A space jockey ship is sent with a cargo full of eggs to earth, with the intention of wiping out humanity so that Earth can be used as a breeding ground (Ridley Scott mentions that this was the purpose of the ship that the Nostromo discovers in the Alien 1 DVD). The xenomorphs were a biomechanical weapon created by the Space Jockeys, and the ship that crashed on LV-426 was essentially a "transport vessel" - the plot for my film would be an extension of this.

Of course the scientists are celebrating the fact that the world has finally established alien contact, without realising the true purpose of the vessel. Facehuggers hatch, aliens begin destroying an entire city (lets say New York) and turning it into a giant hive, in a similar way to what happened on LV-426.

USMC are sent in, Gears of War style, to try and reclaim the city and destroy the alien ship which is being used to communicate with the Jockeys - to relay the status of the hive and potentially deploy more cargo vessels to different locations on Earth. They consider nuking the site from orbit, but the loss of civilian life would be far too great. They have no other option but to send in USMC teams on a suicide mission into the centre of the hive. The film revolves around one marine's (like Hicks) experience of the entire event.

The key is, although it's set on Earth, it retains the claustrophobia and atmosphere of the originals as the marines descend into the depths of the hive - and the whole freakiness of seeing familiar locations mixed with the beautiful yet dark biomechanical architecture. The art direction would really make it special.

Since we've had these big scale disaster flicks like Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day, I'm sure a convincing hive city could be created from modern day New York...

I think Ridley Scott just said that was a possibility regarding the Jockey ship. Doesn't your idea for Alien 5 essentially fly in the face of what Ripley stood for (as AVP did)? And pretty much completely lay waste to the continuity of the originals?

I think Ridley Scott just said that was a possibility regarding the Jockey ship. Doesn't your idea for Alien 5 essentially fly in the face of what Ripley stood for (as AVP did)? And pretty much completely lay waste to the continuity of the originals?

How do you mean? Because Ripley wanted to avoid them getting to Earth?

The idea that Space Jockeys designed xenomorphs as weapons to harvest colonies has been explored in some of the books and could fit in with the alien mythology. Another idea was also discussed that Weyland Yutani were aware of the alien before they instructed the Nostromo to check out the distress call from LV-426, and it was deliberately planned in advance so that they could secure samples of the xenomorph for developing weapons (like Alien 4).

In terms of continuity, I'm not taking into consideration Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection. Alien 3 was ok but left nothing in place for a sequel, and Alien 4 was just utter crap.

This would be a mixture of Alien/Aliens, but set on Earth on a larger scale. No stupid new additions to the family tree like the Newborn (grrrr).

If I ever get some time to kill I'll make a short machinima trailer using the Halflife 2 engine.

"Before AvP was greenlighted, James Cameron, the maker of Aliens, started work on a story for Alien 5, but when he heard of AvP, he thought that the crossover would "kill the validity of the franchise" and stopped work on his script. He changed his opinion about AvP after seeing it, however, going on record with Ain't it Cool News that he actually thought AvP was "pretty good"."

:o:D

"Before AvP was greenlighted, James Cameron, the maker of Aliens, started work on a story for Alien 5, but when he heard of AvP, he thought that the crossover would "kill the validity of the franchise" and stopped work on his script. He changed his opinion about AvP after seeing it, however, going on record with Ain't it Cool News that he actually thought AvP was "pretty good"."

:o:D

It's good fun. Am looking forward to a sequel.

Lets face it, its going to be utter depressing.

Shit plot

+Pretty actors trying to act tough

+crap dialogues

--------------------------------------------

=AVP2.

-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------