rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Alien Vs Predator 2: Requiem

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=11651

I don't know how much of you out there are looking forward to ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 2 (perhaps the masochists among you), but Fox is prepping the sequel anyway. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that a movie that pits the Aliens against the Predator could be a fantastic movie in the right hands but AVP was not that movie.

The studio has signed a director (or directorS actually) to for AVP2 and hopefully this one will actually be in the right hands. Greg and Colin Strause, who have worked as the visual effects supervisors for X3, POSEIDON and FANTASTIC FOUR, have signed on to make their feature directorial debut on AVP2. The news broke on both FilmForce and AlienExperience with the brothers confirming the news on their official website. Ain't It Cool News had a script review posted but were forced/asked to take it down by Fox. It didn't help that it was a scathingly negative review. So how would you make an Alien vs. Predator movie cool? Me? Six words: ALIEN VS. PREDATOR ON A PLANE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Joblo.com

The sequel to ALIEN VS. PREDATOR is far enough along in development that Fox has given it an August 10th, 2007 release date. They haven't released any other details but chances are that original AVP writer and director Paul W.S. Anderson will likely be coming back to write and direct this installment. The flick clearly made enough bank to merit a sequel and possibly a third installment (to capitalize on the lucrative triology dvd sales) so if they want similar results, why not get Anderson back to do whatever it is he does that makes movies turn a profit. I suppose if they're aiming for straight-to-dvd then they could theoretically ask anybody but something tells me they want another critically panned but surprisingly decent box office money-maker theatrical release. We can also probably also expect a few people from the original to make their way into the sequel because again, why the hell not?

And a massive script review (or trashing) from Moriarty..we could just pray that they do write a new script and not go with this one that was written last year..

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=23106

Looks to pick up straight after the first one. Can I just say PredAlien?! W T F

hopefully they'll properly ruin the franchise, and then someone a few years down the line will bring out a "semi-sequel" redux that will reignite it all over again, but much better - think the "Batman" films

they'll probably cock it up forever though

From Joblo.com

The sequel to ALIEN VS. PREDATOR is far enough along in development that Fox has given it an August 10th, 2007 release date. They haven't released any other details but chances are that original AVP writer and director Paul W.S. Anderson will likely be coming back to write and direct this installment. The flick clearly made enough bank to merit a sequel and possibly a third installment (to capitalize on the lucrative triology dvd sales) so if they want similar results, why not get Anderson back to do whatever it is he does that makes movies turn a profit. I suppose if they're aiming for straight-to-dvd then they could theoretically ask anybody but something tells me they want another critically panned but surprisingly decent box office money-maker theatrical release. We can also probably also expect a few people from the original to make their way into the sequel because again, why the hell not?

And a massive script review (or trashing) from Moriarty..we could just pray that they do write a new script and not go with this one that was written last year..

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=23106

:ph34r: x 10000

Two of my all time favourite movie characters destroyed, again. :(

You just said WTF about the PredAlien? :ph34r: (They were in the AVP games anyway)

The whole thing just sounds batshit mental so to speak, that or a biting satire on the US movie industry.

The script review linked to above makes it sound uncannily like the infamous screenplay Eric Red wrote for Alien 3- hicks vs aliens, in small town America.

Anderson said at the time that a large part of why AvP was shit was because he had to cut it so much, to get it's rating. He supposedly wanted to release a longer version.

Then the film came out.

Then the DVDs came out, and a "special edition" was released, but without this spurious "extra footage".

Then he signs on for AvP 2, proving surely that he was full of shit, and trying to blame someone else for his shit movie.

They should have just made Steve Perry's "Prey". Instead of making some half-arsed amalgamation of several plots.

Anderson said at the time that a large part of why AvP was shit was because he had to cut it so much, to get it's rating. He supposedly wanted to release a longer version.

Yep, that's Anderson's stock reply once everyone realises the movie was shit. See also Resident Evil, Soldier & Event Horizon.

He knows what cert he has to achieve before the film starts shooting - to the best of my knowledge only Snakes on a motherfuckin Plane has had footage purposely filmed to move up the rating. There's no way he'd film a 3 minute gore-fest of a scene knowing he's got to deliver pg-13. Sure, there might be a trim or two to a scene but you're not getting spine-ripping etc.

And for stuff like RE that wasn't aiming for a PG-13, if you've got gore why would you cut it? Studio pressure my arse - it's the gore that gets people through the door! Did anyone go to see RE to see a scene in which a character presses flowers? They went to see zombies ripping people's head off.

At least Anderson isn't Uwe Boll. Yet. I reckon Anderson will help Boll get funding just because Boll's movies make Anderson's movies look good.

I thought AvP was watchable, enough.

Only in the sense that my eyes could witness and interpret what was being thrown up onto the screen.

As a 'blockbuster', it stinks to high heaven.

Only in the sense that my eyes could witness and interpret what was being thrown up onto the screen.

As a 'blockbuster', it stinks to high heaven.

It's like shit with blood in it.

They should never have made Predator 2, never mind this bollocks.

Predator 2 wasn't shit no not as good as the original of course but to put it in league with AVP is wrong. Putting it in the city was right if it was in a jungle again people would have complained it was a remake of the first.