IGNORED

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars (PC/X360)

Cyhwuhx

For the most part, live-action video in games is hard to find. Aside from a brief wave of games that included Night Trap, Wing Commander III, and Phantasmagoria, Hollywood actors haven't shown their faces too often in games, opting instead to do voice work for computer-modeled characters.

However, one series that did continue to incorporate live-action video was the Command & Conquer franchise. Actors such as Michael Biehn (Terminator, The Abyss), James Earl Jones (the voice of Darth Vader, The Meteor Man), and Kari Wuhrer (Anaconda, MTV's Remote Control) have been in featured in previous C&C games, but departed from live-action video in its more recent installments.

That's not the case for the upcoming PC real-time strategy game Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars. In August, Electronic Arts announced C&C3 would bring back actor Joe Kucan to reprise his role as Brotherhood of Nod leader Kane in high-def live-action scenes. Today, EA revealed that Kucan won't be alone in front of the camera and will be joined by a host of other well-known actors.

Fans of science-fiction properties will recognize most of the cast, which includes Josh Halloway (Lost's Sawyer), Billy Dee Williams (the Star Wars films' Lando Calrissian), Michael Ironside (the voice of Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher, Top Gun's Jester), and Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica's Number Six). The full lineup of actors featured in the game is listed below.

Actor / Past work

Michael Ironside / Top Gun, voice of Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher

Billy Dee Williams / Empire Strikes Back, Colt .45 Spokesperson

Josh Holloway / Lost, CSI

Tricia Helfer / Battlestar Galactica, CSI

Grace Park / Battlestar Galactica, L.A. Law: The Movie

Ivana Bozilovic / Wedding Crashers, Van Wilder

Shanon Cook / CNN reporter

John Huck / Las Vegas Fox News anchor

Shauntay Hinton / former Miss USA

Joe Kucan / Command & Conquer series

There sure are some pretty people in this game. Love the way they're using real news readers. Well that's if they use them for the news report sections of course.

• 4 weeks later...

They've just announced an XBox360 version.

From http://www.gamereports.com/news/4393/ -

Chertsey, UK November 16, 2006 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars™ (C&C 3) is in development for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system. C&C 3 boasts an intuitive console-specific control scheme, fast-action strategy gameplay, deep single player campaign, and an immersive multiplayer experience featuring massive battles where you take control of large armies on the battlefield of the future.

“The Command & Conquer series finally makes its return to the console after seven years,” said Mike Verdu, Executive Producer at EALA. “C&C 3 will help expand the RTS genre on the Xbox 360, building off of the foundation laid by the development of The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II. EA is evolving the console controls so that strategy gaming plays and feels native to the platform.”

“C&C 3 is a perfect fit for the Xbox 360,“ said Mike Glosecki, Senior Producer at EALA. “Xbox 360 players will enjoy the action-packed online play and watching the epic Sci-Fi story of the game unfold as they play through the single player campaign.”

360 version, hmm... I'll wait and see how it works with a pad before buying that I think. Although it's unlikely to work on my PC anyway and I'm certainly not getting a new one until Vista and some good DX10 cards are out. I'll probably end up with the 360 version anyway.

360 version, hmm... I'll wait and see how it works with a pad before buying that I think. Although it's unlikely to work on my PC anyway and I'm certainly not getting a new one until Vista and some good DX10 cards are out. I'll probably end up with the 360 version anyway.

Just go play the demo for BFMEII - the controls are likely to be very, very similar on C&C.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a new trailer up featuring the alien race the "Scrin".

Also some wonderfully hammy C&C FMV.

"So what new features are we gonna do for C&C 3?"

"Nothing sir, we should let the franchise be while it's still fondly remembered"

"I know, ALIENS!!"

"Sir, with all respect but aliens have been done like a thousand times before"

"Not in the C&C universe...engage the aliens!!!"

Im sure this is a march release?

It really sucks. I want this game, but my friends will be buying the 360 versions. However, I really dont like RTS games on a joypad. I much prefer using a mouse, not too bothered about keyboard.

So what do i do! PC or 360 version... tough =/ I just wish it supported a mouse.

"So what new features are we gonna do for C&C 3?"

"Nothing sir, we should let the franchise be while it's still fondly remembered"

"I know, ALIENS!!"

"Sir, with all respect but aliens have been done like a thousand times before"

"Not in the C&C universe...engage the aliens!!!"

:D

Yeah, I was majorly disappointed when the third race was revealed. I was hoping for either a mutant faction (which would have made more sense due to the continued influence of Tiberium over the Earth's ecology in the C&C universe) or a cyborg faction lead by the NOD AI Cabal who went rogue during the Tib Sun expansion pack Firestorm.

But no, we get an alien race that seems like a lazy amalgamation of the aliens from Starship Troopers and War of the Worlds. :D

Im sure this is a march release?

Yup, seems that way. The release date is set at 30th of March on Play, Gameplay and Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...
Demo is rumored to be released very soon 20th feb ive heard on a few sites

Thats good news right there...

Im very much looking forward to this being released.

The FHM trailier makes me want to wet myself. C&C made up a massive part of my teenage gaming...

I might actually play through the first one for a laugh

Thats good news right there...

Im very much looking forward to this being released.

The FHM trailier makes me want to wet myself. C&C made up a massive part of my teenage gaming...

I might actually play through the first one for a laugh

Don't bother.

I bought the First Decade filled with glorious nostalgia, and excitement about playing the first c&c again. What resulted was me quitting it after about 3 mission as I couldn't work out how to bloody win it. But more so, the small and subtle tweaks they have made to the game play over the generations which you realise you've taken for granted, but become glaringly obvious when you step back 10 years. I forgot how bloody fecking annoying the pathfinding and AI was back then, and lack of proper unit selections build queing etc. It made me angry :rolleyes:

I am still tempted to give it one more shot though:)

That 10 year anniversary pack really disappointed me. I can't quite remember now, but did they update the originals to be XP compatible? I know they certainly didn't bother to include multiplayer over TCP/IP... come to think of it, what is it about Westwood and TCP/IP?! None of the C&C games supported LAN over TCP/IP and I think RA2 was the first to support online play.

Tiberian Sun supported modem-to-modem connection and RA 2 supported IPX! They backed every lame duck networking technology going, back in the day. :rolleyes:

Edit - ooh, come to think of it I think all the pre-RA2 games did support online play through some Westwood-proprietary portal software, can't remember what it was called mind you.

That 10 year anniversary pack really disappointed me. I can't quite remember now, but did they update the originals to be XP compatible? I know they certainly didn't bother to include multiplayer over TCP/IP... come to think of it, what is it about Westwood and TCP/IP?! None of the C&C games supported LAN over TCP/IP and I think RA2 was the first to support online play.

Tiberian Sun supported modem-to-modem connection and RA 2 supported IPX! They backed every lame duck networking technology going, back in the day. :rolleyes:

Edit - ooh, come to think of it I think all the pre-RA2 games did support online play through some Westwood-proprietary portal software, can't remember what it was called mind you.

The originals worked under Windows XP anyway. You just had to set the compatibility mode to Windows 95 and patch one of the .dll files. The First Decade just automated this.