Guitar Hero II

tejstar

boston - don't look back or more than a feeling

disturbed - the sickness

duran duran - hungry like the wolf

fleetwood mac - the chain

rush - yyz or la villa strangiato

You know MTAF is on guitar hero 1?

We need Lynard Skynard's Freebird on the next one.

The game doesn't need more appeal. There is more to guitar than power chords and distorition, but it's no where near as much fun as playing metal/hard rock. This game is all about loud riffage, legs as far apart as they'll go and posing out like a loon. It's the games reason for being, it's complete aesthetic. If you want an IMO then there you go, IMO. However read the Guitar Hero thread and you'll see that the metal make the game.

And if it didn't have metal it'd be half the game it is? You're wrong, massively wrong but hey, I won't stand in the way of the herd mentality of the thread. Most rhythm-action games understand the need for variety (Guitaroo Man anyone?) and the few examples of it in Guitar Hero makes me confident that the development team do aswell.

I'm glad you ain't picking the songs in any case.

For fucks sake, I KNOW there's variety in Guitar Hero. Harmonix have done a bang up job with the soundtrack in all it's glory, but the most fun is had with the Metal. I gave you the IMO cos it is IMO, it just happens to be the IMO of others as well. I wasn't saying it was metal that makes the game, but the gam e IS based around metal and heavy rock. Look at the logo and the charactes and the graphic design of it. It's a hard rock/metal rhythm action game. If "herd mentality" is people liking it for what the game is then yes, I'm part of a fucking herd. Hail the sheep.

For fucks sake, I KNOW there's variety in Guitar Hero. Harmonix have done a bang up job with the soundtrack in all it's glory, but the most fun is had with the Metal. I gave you the IMO cos it is IMO, it just happens to be the IMO of others as well. I wasn't saying it was metal that makes the game, but the gam e IS based around metal and heavy rock. Look at the logo and the charactes and the graphic design of it. It's a hard rock/metal rhythm action game. If "herd mentality" is people liking it for what the game is then yes, I'm part of a fucking herd. Hail the sheep.

So Guitar Hero is now and forever more until when I'm Guitar Hero 64, a Hard Rock and Metal game, all because of some stylistic decisions?

Like Frequency was a Dance and Electronica game because of its Media Player Plug-ins plusating balls and patterns, and so was Amplitude. Except it wasn't as Amplitude featured lots of Rock, Hip-Hop, Pop and Indie.

The game is greater than any genre-pegging you want to do with it, and it should be allowed to branch of into whatever wierd directions it feels like. Variety will help the franchise to grow, gain popularity, just like Singstar has now.

I've never understood why there isn't a SingStar disc every other month. Ok, sure they need to integrate each one into the Singstar universe but they'd make a killing. Doesn't Sony own a lot of music/bands these days? A few current (popular/chart) tracks in amongst some classics would go down a storm, wouldn't it?

Similarly, this game is crying out for a new songs disc every month. I'd sure as hell buy it.

Most rhythm-action games understand the need for variety (Guitaroo Man anyone?)

Bah, Gitaroo Man had too much variety. As such, a lot of the songs just were't as interesting. I'll only ever replay a few of them.

Now Ouendan, on the other hand, understands this; it has one general sort of continual lively J-pop style and holds it throughout, and is therefore superduperawesome.

:P

Highly unlikely. Zep have always been bastards about licensing their tunes out, and especially Stairway as they don't like the way it sorta 'defines' them, for want of a better word.

Yeah, Zep are always tetchy about their songs but that's fair enough - at least the music doesn't end up being cheapened on adverts in order to sell tampons or sugary drinks or some such. They should clearly be on Guitar Hero though, a bit of Black Dog or Heartbreaker would be sweet :P

I never understood why they let Poof Daddy rip off Kashmir though.

Black Dog or Heartbreaker! Hell yeah they'd be awesome. Fuck Stairway to Heaven.

Here's some non-metal stuff that deserves to be in, in a 'More than a Feeling' style.

Jack n' Diane - John Cougar Mellencamp

Since you been gone - Rainbow

Sweet Home Alabama - Creedence Clearwater

Copperhead Row - Steve Earle

The Final Countdown - Europe

We Built this City - Jefferson Starship

I don't really mind what they put on it as a great RA game is great regardless of my personal feelings towards the songs. I am inclined to agree with the metal contingent though, it's clearly what the game was made for.

But I'd love to see some more Blues on it as Texas Flood works sooooo well, some vintage Muddy Waters like Bus Driver or Jealous Hearted Man would be luvverly :P

I want at least one of The Smiths songs. This Charming Man would be the most awesome thing EVER.

I went through the trouble of registering an account just so I could post on here and tell you: I love you (though not as much as I love Johnny Marr)

Methinks Handsome Devil would also be spiffy. Though finding someone to sing like Morrissey would be impossible.

Welcome Donkey Thong. Great name. :unsure:

I'm not a metal fan AT ALL. But I do love the metal in Guitar Hero. I think there's plenty of room for variety in GH2. I wouldn't want to see it without a fair splattering of metal though.

I'd love to see more Jimi, Smiths as above and some funk and even disco in there! I starting to think that GH2 should come with some pedals too! How cool would that be! Wah Wah for the win!

Their solos are shit though. Why won't Kerry King just die? :P

I know :D Why can't they do cool solos? Angel of Death is fun to play on a guitar until it gets to the solos, which I never bothered to learn. Stupid cunts.

Biohazard would be cool though. Oooh, and Sepultura. i know some people here want more indy bands but.... well... fuck them.

They should put some Fall Of Troy in this, I reckon it could make Bark at the Moon and Cowboy's From Hell look quite simple in comparison. <_<

And more Freezepop please!

Fall of troys tabs arent particularly complex, they just use loads of reverb and effects.

Now if they put some dillinger escape plan or reflux in there....

Hmmm.. More metal is indeed what is needed <_< Especially the 'Tallica! WHERE THE FUCK WERE THEY IN THE FIRST ONE? :(

Man, and to think (deep breath) I didnt even think I used to like half of the bands which are on GH1.. But now I love them :D

I would like more funky stuff in the next game, more Hendrix for example, plus I'd also like so trippy crazy ass shit like Ozric Tentacles. I WANT TO ROCK OUT TO OZRIC TENTACLES!

Fall of troys tabs arent particularly complex, they just use loads of reverb and effects.

Now if they put some dillinger escape plan or reflux in there....

Fair enough, I'm not a guitar player myself so I wouldn't know. I was thinking more along the lines of how fast some of them are.

A good idea perhaps would be to have different 'tours', ie Funk, Rock, Metal, etc. So essentailly you're not forced to play the type of music you dont enjoy.. Of course, I'm sure most of would do it all for completeists sake, but this would certainly spread out the musical variety in a nice way.

And, somehow, some way of improvising would be fucking SWEET. Or and extra peripheral- effects pedal of course <_<

I hope they don't put loads of shit metal on GH2 and turn it into a shredder's wankfest. I think GH gets the balance just about right. It shouldn't be about technical ability (even tho' I'd be great at it cos I plainly ROCK \m/) but about the music. More of the same for me please.

Now don't get me wrong, I actually like you a bit, Mr. Kelthink, so this isn't personal, but FUCK RIGHT THE FUCKING BASTARD FUCKING OFF.

<_<

I'm not very current metal educated. I haven't a clue who most acts are at the Download festival this year. It was just a suggestion! Not that I know much about the band, only I've heard they're technically brilliant, or something. DON'T HATE MEEE!!