IGNORED

Guitar Hero II

tejstar

No, maybe "obviously the wrong price" was going a bit far, but it seems like a pretty big discount for HMV. Their games aren't usually that well priced are they? I never really use them for anything other than dirt cheap DVDs.

They're actually really quite good now - they relocated their business to the Channel Islands not too long ago and have improved their prices (by at least 17.5% anyway). Bully is £22.99 at the moment, for instance and their chart CD's are all £8.99 - they were £10.99 not too long ago.

Whether they'll honour it is another thing - but I'd suspect it was purposeful to get people to the site. We'll see.

They've certainly not cancelled it yet, anyway.

They're actually really quite good now - they relocated their business to the Channel Islands not too long ago and have improved their prices (by at least 17.5% anyway). Bully is £22.99 at the moment, for instance and their chart CD's are all £8.99 - they were £10.99 not too long ago.

Cheers, I didn't know that. I'll have to keep an eye on them for new releases then.

Anyone know what'll happen to Killing in the Name btw? I'd rather they changed it to "Screw you I won't do what you tell me!" than keep blanking it or skipping the whole section completely.

I'd rather they didn't use the song if they aren't prepared to not butcher it. ;)

On the soundtrack generally, though, I think it's great. I think they've picked a lot of stuff that will work really well within the game and I look forward to playing it. Still, I'm leaving it for a bit. Number 1 wasn't that long ago, and I'll wait until either I can pick the PS2 version up cheap, or get the 360 version.

There's a 480p progressive-scan mode, and the developer has even included a new calibration option - the latter allowing those of you with high-end televisions, who may otherwise notice slight responsiveness issues, to play a few notes based on visual cues which then tell the game whether it's necessary to off-set its timings and by how many milliseconds.

Wonder if the 480p will make it here....

Not sure I see the need for calibration though ;)

You're on my wavelength, man.

I WANT ANDREW WK! :angry:

I swear man, it'll be on at some point. Like they said on the EGM Podcast, we just have to email the bands to give up the rights. Party Hard or I Love New York City would be fucking awesome. And if I don't get my Crazy Train on GHIII I'm walking to LA and knocking on Ozzy's door.

In all likelyhood they'll honour the price. I've taken advantage of quite a few Amazon pricing mishaps over the years and they always honoured the price quoted when I placed the order. And we're not talking about getting a PS3 for £50, you're making a nice saving but I doubt it's so large than HMV will want to piss off customers just to recoup a few quid.

Hmm, I've just had two emails saying that my pre-orders for this and a Wii have been cancelled. The email states that this would only happen if a) I'd cancelled them, B) they're more than 4 months old, or c) HMV can't get the money out of my credit card after a couple of days of trying to contact me. None of these is true. When I try to log in on the web site, it says my account has been suspended.

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I being smacked down for an unrelated offence? :angry:

Hmm, I've just had two emails saying that my pre-orders for this and a Wii have been cancelled. The email states that this would only happen if a) I'd cancelled them, B) they're more than 4 months old, or c) HMV can't get the money out of my credit card after a couple of days of trying to contact me. None of these is true. When I try to log in on the web site, it says my account has been suspended.

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I being smacked down for an unrelated offence? :angry:

Nothing from them in my email address (yet). You might want to check your credit card - seems odd they've cancelled the Wii too though if it is just a GHII thing.

I'd sort of assumed that they'd suspended me for taking advantage of the unusually cheap bundle pack (although that sounds crazy now that I say it!), and that had led to everything being cancelled. I'll check with Barclaycard when they fix their website... :angry:

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I being smacked down for an unrelated offence? :P

No I just had the exact same email the bastards! (well 8:25 yesterday evening to be precise)

so do you think there's any chance of this doing anything:

"If you have not cancelled this order yourself, or your order does not meet any of the criteria above, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Customer Service Department "

?? :lol:

they made out that my billing address was the same as my delivery address (i.e. wrong for the card) - this wasn't the case as I always make sure of this, especially when it's a good offer

Hmm, turns out that's what the "problem" was on mine as well. I'm trying to resolve it, no response yet. If it turns out bad for me, I'm certainly going to kick up a bit of a stink about under-handed tactics (my Wii pre-order managed to stay there for a while, using the same details, before being cancelled when I was suspended. They're not getting that back).