The Ultimate Lasagna

Davros sock drawer

Oh, that's a shame. It's a lot of effort for one element to not be as you would have liked it.

Did you scoff it anyway?

oh yes, when i say not as good, its still tasty as hell.

I've a dilemma, i've brought some in for my lunch today but my brother has just called offering to take me out for lunch.

decisions decisions!

You don't have to wait until tomorrow by the way, you could just make it tonight. It does help the flavour develop if you let it stand, but it's not essential.

I would eat it tonight but I've realised I'm going to need a bigger tray to put it into!

Wow that is one tasty lasanga - kudos to Davros for the recipe!

Made a massive batch though so need to store some for eating in the next couple of days and some for next weekend maybe. Will it be okay in the fridge for a couple of days? How are you guys warming it up just blasting it the microwave?

• 3 weeks later...

I've made this a couple of times, the last time was on friday. I had an exam till 2 so when that finished I went to the butchers and got all the meat then I got it already then left it on the stove till 6 or so. Then my house mate said she was going away for the weekend, so I now had this massive pot of bolgense, I was pretty wasted by now so couldn't be arsed to make lasanaga now so I had some sauce with spaghetti at around 10.

Finally made the beast on Saturday, there was just miles too much for me, so I had a massive portion on Saturday night and there was still enough for a good meal on both Sunday and Monday.

All in all excellent, although I won't be making it again in a hurry.

• 3 weeks later...

I followed the instructions to the letter (190, conventional oven), and checked it 10 minutes before the 45 was up. It was fucked then. There's definitely something wrong with the oven. :unsure:

Well it was better than last time. I used the fan oven this time and set it to 150. I took it out after half an hour as the top was getting crunchie.

I'm about to ask something. I hope it doesn't get me laughed at.

Does the very top of the lasagna go like this?

Parmesan

Pasta

Ragu

Bechamel

Pasta

etc.

Or am I supposed to put Bechamel on the top too, is that why it's drying out?