IGNORED

Easter boot sales

Cecil Kay

Didn't get bugger all gaming stuff today really. Picked up a boxed Gameboy pocket for £2, a boxed G-Con .45 for £1.50p and a boxed Atari 2600 that set me back a tenner...oh, and a couple of random PS1 games for 50p each...

:huh:

Rat Boy, you have such wonderful toys.

Good sized boot down my way due to it being a bank holiday weekend, but shopping on a budget at the moment :huh:

N64:

San Francisco Rush

Master System:

S.C.I.

Enduro Racer

Galaxy Force

Mega Drive:

Starflight

Marble Madness

Gynoug

PS1:

Descent

Soviet Strike

Pitfall 3D

Command & Conquer

Tekken 2

Destruction Derby

Populous the Beginning

3DO:

Road Rash

Captain Quazar

Quit pleased with the 3DO games, didn't think I'd ever see 3DO stuff at boots any more. Let’s see what turns up tomorrow.

Just noticed the Atari 2600 i bought is French :huh:. Will it work okay over here you think?, i'm certain the power supply is a standard uk one.

Forgot to mention also that i picked Metal Gear Acid on psp for #2 son so he could whup #1 sons arse.

:o

The booters werebig today and I Picked up some nice bits and pieces. We decided to throw some stuff in the boot and do one ourselves this afternoon! Glad we did as people were clearly chomping at the bit for boot sales. Managed to shift all my unwanted DVDs, games and toys!!

Will list this weekend's purchases later, but as it was my first outing of the season I thought I'd drop down my first impressions of this year's booting versus my many previous years:

Lots of:

PS2 games at £3 or less: the bottom has really dropped out of this market

Xbox / Gamecube: not as many games or consoles in evidence as I had expected

PS1 games: shedloads again, as last year except this year the 50p price-point has become commonplace. If you know your rarer titles, this is where the ebay money is to be made.

Not many of:

Anything 16-bit or earlier. Don't think it was because of the competition, I think my area is really drying up for older stuff now

Handhelds: hardly found anything last year, nothing today

Surprises:

NGage spotted with lots of games. Haven't a clue what these are worth (no gaming interest from me though)

Dreamcast prices plummeting lower still, paid £10 for one with 20 games and £5 for another with 5 games.

Still around:

Arses who want £30 for a Master System, unboxed with 5 games

MagicalDrop

Aye, I have noticed that PS2 games are getting cheaper and cheaper.

A few things I noticed over the last few weeks;

Videos - completely and utterly dead, other than the odd obsucre/rare titles. I saw a few people whose stalls were just videos and they didn't seem to be selling any, at all.

DVDs - the price has fallen loads! Now they can be easily had for £1-2, even for recent titles. This is great news as it means I can pick up films I want to watch on the cheap and then punt them on for the same price.

Playstations - LOADS of people seemed to have playstation consoles but no games. I assume that other buyers have taken the games previously or that they have traded them in or something. There is no interest in the consoles at all.

As MD said, the price of PS2 games seems to be tumbling even further. However, the HUGE majority of games people have are rubbish!

The traders still go nuts for mobile phones, though. At each of the boot sales there was one of them hanging around the area where new arrivals were being placed and asking them if they had any mobiles. Is there a big market for these?

EDIT: and the traders still have mental ideas about what is worth buying! One of them was telling the others that 'Rosie and Jim' videos were the one to watch. WTF!? :D

I didnt get ANYTHING today :D

Can anybody guess why?

And do you have pics of the rest of the hoard rat boy? Looks like theres shit loads there, probally more than what Ive got in my two years of booting :(

I didnt get ANYTHING today :D

Can anybody guess why?

And do you have pics of the rest of the hoard rat boy? Looks like theres shit loads there, probally more than what Ive got in my two years of booting :(

1. You didn't go?

2. You got there too late?

3. You forgot your wallet?

1. You didn't go?

bingo :( and damn I really need some sleep if making pointless posts like that :D

Some pikey got all the sewing kits before you got there?

God I hate it when that happens. Just becaue I'm not poor dosnet mean i dont need to sew my old clothes up aswell :(

(and reply to my PM :()

Booting has been off for me this weekend as my first daughter was born at 4:54 on saturday morning. Unsurprisingly the time since has been spent looking after baby and mother, tidying, sleeping and not a lot else.

Congratulations!!!

Here are the rest of the pictures -

Megadrive

£8

GBA

50p

NES

£20

Master System

£6

SNES

£44

Other stuff

PS2

Between £1 and £5

CPC 464

£8

Boxed consoles

£10 each for the Woody and the SNES and £2 for the N64

GameBoy

£18

Great Sunday, shit Monday. Good job really, i'm running out of space.

Got to agree with you about the PS2 games, i can see my collection getting a lot bigger this year.

Booting has been off for me this weekend as my first daughter was born at 4:54 on saturday morning. Unsurprisingly the time since has been spent looking after baby and mother, tidying, sleeping and not a lot else.

Congrats mate! :lol:. As for todays booting, i managed to pick up a boxed Mk1 Megadrive with about 10/12 games (inc Sonic 1, 2, 3, 3D, S&K, Spinball) for a tenner...it was crap really though, nothing else there...

:)

i managed to pick up a boxed Mk1 Megadrive with about 10/12 games (inc Sonic 1, 2, 3, 3D, S&K, Spinball) for a tenner...it was crap really though, nothing else there...

:lol:

Just rooted it out now and forgot there was an official DC gun with official rumble pack, and a Megadrive 6 button pad in there as well...

:)

Not too bad for me, not a thng this morning though which was a bit dissapointing...

Legacy of Kain £1

dscn08567sv.th.jpg

Atari £5 and big box Half Life £1

dscn08501zp.th.jpg

Loads of Speccy games £2

dscn08474so.th.jpgdscn08490my.th.jpg

An old Acetronic cartridge system with 8 boxed games £10, more than i would have liked to pay but the pictures on the boxes looked so cool and i knew the Legacy of Kain and one or two of the Speccy games would mean i'd pretty much got everyting for nothing anyway....

dscn08528ke.th.jpg

Loads of Speccy games £2

dscn08474so.th.jpgdscn08490my.th.jpg

An old Acetronic cartridge system with 8 boxed games £10, more than i would have liked to pay but the pictures on the boxes looked so cool and i knew the Legacy of Kain and one or two of the Speccy games would mean i'd pretty much got everyting for nothing anyway....

Gunfright should certainly help cover the cost .

But what caught my eye is that ROTJ Death star battle game, I've never seen or heard of that before! From the box it looks like an early speccy game and the fact its parker brothers might make it a port off an Atari or Coleco or something?

Here are the rest of the pictures -

Mega drive £8

GBA 50p

NES £20

Master System £6

SNES £44

PS2 between £1 and £5

CPC 464 £8

Boxed consoles £10 each for the Woody and the SNES and £2 for the N64

Game Boy £18

Good LORD man! Not counting the PS2 stuff that’s £120 :)

Then again looking through the pictures there is some beautiful stuff, I'm rather envious of that CPC bundle :lol:

I'd like to raise a request for a sub folder just for these sorts of pictures; we could call it 'Boot Sale P0rn'

Today I had a personnel record for least spent, £4.50 (including the entrance fee of 50p) and got the following.

PC:

Frontier £1 (my first PC purchase ever, to go in my Elite collection)

GB:

Turtles, Fall of the foot clan

Robot Wars 50p each

And a Saturn for £2 (bought it for the SCART cable for my own Saturn, and also spares).

But what caught my eye is that ROTJ Death star battle game, I've never seen or heard of that before! From the box it looks like an early speccy game and the fact its parker brothers might make it a port off an Atari or Coleco or something?

Nothing rare i don't think, i have 2 other copies somewhere, here's a closer pic....

dscn08573cc.th.jpg

Just got back from the late booty and i was shocked how shite it was, all keyboards and bullworkers, got these though purely so i didn't go home empty handed....

dscn08599fq.th.jpg

Today has been offically my worst Easter Bank Holiday Monday car boot run EVER!

Didn't see anything of note. Just crates of crap ps1/ps2/xbox games for between £5-£12.

There's just too many traders at the ones i go to now. They're there at least an hour before anyone arrives and you get no chance to get any bargins as they decend on mass as soon as new car arrives. I'm gonna have to go earlier or further afield this year i think.

I've got a couple to go to during the week mind round here so hopefully something will turn up

Earlier doesn't seem to do it anymore, i got at my first at about 6:20 and there were already about 10 faces i recognised. There are two bootys i know of that have a strict entry time for buyers and all the traders do is pay the extra tenner to take a car in at 6 in the morning and hassle every car that comes through the gate before they set up, where's the fun in that?

Earlier doesn't seem to do it anymore, i got at my first at about 6:20 and there were already about 10 faces i recognised. There are two bootys i know of that have a strict entry time for buyers and all the traders do is pay the extra tenner to take a car in at 6 in the morning and hassle every car that comes through the gate before they set up, where's the fun in that?

We had one of those car boots start up last year. Nobody was allowed in before 1:30 so we had to wait in the car park. Problem was the traders would drive in with their cars selling, then walk around before the boot was open. Other sellers where doing the same. I was so obvious what was happening as you could see them buying up everything but the organisers ignored it. One organiser would let his trader friends in, even in front of everyone waiting as well, the bastard.

After a couple of weeks of this i got pissed off, so i and a couple of others found a way into the boot away from the organiers view so we could look round before everyone else arrived (Some traders had been using it as well).

It got to the point where there were at least 20 of us going round before the boot opened. I got some serious finds/bargains :blink:

Some organisers told us off or argued with us but we'd just point out that they'd let others in or how they were turning a blind eye to their friends/traders who were walking round.

I mean for god's sake its only a car boot. Don't be so petty.