IGNORED

Musician here!

keineboom

Hi there,

Anyone on here good with words? I'm a frustrated songwriter, frustrated because I can't write lyrics for shit. The music part I'm fine and dandy with, and would really love to collaborate with someone on some serious songwritage.

If you're keen drop me a PM and we'll take it from there.

Who knows we could present our magnum opus here within the hallowed pages of the Creative Design folder!

Get in touch!

Hi there,

Anyone on here good with words? I'm a frustrated songwriter, frustrated because I can't write lyrics for shit.

You'd be surprised to find that with a decent rhyming dictionary, you can write fairly good lyrics. You probably just think they're shit because you are overly criticizing yourself. beside there are plenty of successful musicians out there whose lyrics are shit(I'm looking straight at you, White Stripes)

Lyrics don't need to and indeed generally shouldn't rhyme imo, I'd personally say forget the rhyming dictionary.

I think the key to lyric writing is to know what you want to write about. Also I think you should have a melody before thinking about words, my songs often feature vocals that go "weeh bada yeah, yeah, something something faller" then the words fit the melody.

Loads of people do this and generally I think it's the best method.

Cheers for the replies.

I've been writing songs for about 15 years now, and I believe that qualifies me to assess my lyrics as rubbish! Not done a lot of writing since finishing my degree and leaving behind playing in bands to get a real job - looking to get back into it since I have a whole studio's worth of equipment gathering dust.

So if there are any frustrated poets/lyricists here send me some stuff over and I can get cracking.

Hi,

I will admit that I'm not an experienced lyricist, and probably not the man that you're looking for, but I'm attempting to write some lyrics myself (I can't play music). I'll let you know how that goes, and if what I write suits you...

I do have some experience writing poetry and rhyming verse. I can send you these on request.

Hi,

I will admit that I'm not an experienced lyricist, and probably not the man that you're looking for, but I'm attempting to write some lyrics myself (I can't play music). I'll let you know how that goes, and if what I write suits you...

I do have some experience writing poetry and rhyming verse. I can send you these on request.

Hi,

I'm open to try working with anything. PM me if you want to send me some stuff to work with

You'd be surprised to find that with a decent rhyming dictionary, you can write fairly good lyrics. You probably just think they're shit because you are overly criticizing yourself. beside there are plenty of successful musicians out there whose lyrics are shit(I'm looking straight at you, White Stripes)

The White Stripes have some very good lyrics.

Also I write lyrics and music and stuff as well, erm, see the lyrics thread or PM me or something.