IGNORED

Battlefield 2 for 360 Demo Tonight?

Blue

There is a video showing off the differences between the Xbox and 360 versions at Gametrailers (I think), and although the difference isn't mammoth it's still a significant improvement - definitely a bigger jump than with Burnout Revenge.

Wasn't it the case with the Xbox version that you couldn't create your own lobbies and you just jumped into a game? (as with the demo) If they haven't changed that with the 360 version, I've got almost no interest in picking it up.

Keen player of BF2 on the PC but this is my first experience with Modern Combat on a console. As a game in its own right, it seems fairly decent, as mentioned the graphics don't really scream next gen. but likewise it's far from ugly. The map has a nice feel to it as well, enjoyed the sense of height you get by going up on the bridges etc.

However, feels too much like a cut down version of BF2 for me to even consider buying it, I'd like to of seen all the PC features present with a new engine and maps but there we go, bit too much to ask for from the likes of EA / Dice.

On a side note, in the demo you can't stipulate what server you get put on so organising a game could prove tricky.

well its fun, although not choosing which server you go on is pretty stupid. I enjoyed sniping from the gas towers onto the bridge and beyond. Nice way to defend that flag on bridge. You can also take out tanks with the laser sight thing.

Sniping seems pretty powerful if you hole up where nobody looks and a bit crap when the yanks got the flag as i could easily spawn snipe. I stopped and moved as it felt quite unsporting of me. I really want to fill up chopper up and do black hawk down style stuff.

no one talks either?

Wasn't it the case with the Xbox version that you couldn't create your own lobbies and you just jumped into a game? (as with the demo) If they haven't changed that with the 360 version, I've got almost no interest in picking it up.

If you bring up your friend's list, you can invite them into the game.

I've no idea why they limit the number of rounds you can play before it kicks you back to the dashboard. Is that supposed to be some sort of incentive to buy the game?

the games are hosted on EA's servers, i think this way it gives people a chance to get a game and possibly saves EA's servers from getting ass-fucked into oblivion. they were taking some hammer last night i can tell you!! ;)