IGNORED

Battlefield 2 for 360 Demo Tonight?

Blue

Supposed to be available from the marketplace tonight...rumour has it from 9 o'clock.

Should be a nice taster before the real thing ships, though I bet it doesn't have a private game option.

Interested?

I've got one about two metres (about 4 inches taller than me, me being 6'3") you can have. I think I might have a 5 or tenner somewhere, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Yeah, if you could. That'd be lovely.

I'll reward you by allowing you to giving me a spanking on PGR3.

.::: Downing (street, hahaha... I'll leave). Although I don't think I'll actually play this. If someone's still online in a moment I might change my mind.

[edit]35% already, it's only 340MB... that's smallish.

cant be better than graw. certainly not on EA servers. which is a joke anyway cause itl be players hosting games, not servers anyway.

live is very silly like that.

24 players and it's smooth as fuck.

It is servers isn't it?

A lot more fun than GRAW at the moment.

Very different (as expected) than GRAW online.. and as first impressions from a demo go, pretty good. I must admit the first 10 or so minutes I was wondering 'what!?!?!' at most of it - where I was meant to go? how to I fly this chopper? and how do I get used to the controls? lol (I've never played the xbrick/PS2 version)

But then it clicks. Will play more tomorrow night, but seemed solid enough. Really liked the carnage of watching all the vehicles battling it out on one of the bridges with a sniper and blowing stuff up. Good use of classes and the map is quite nicely designed, with lots of interesting parts to it. Liked the fact that most of the vehicles could carry others.

Just wish people wouldn't ALWAYS be hanging around the helipad and shoot me if I get into it then saying it was theirs :D

Just wish people wouldn't ALWAYS be hanging around the helipad and shoot me if I get into it then saying it was theirs :D

Hurray for the cunts. So I'll be avoiding this one again then. That's the number one problem with Battlefield and it's worse than Halo 2 for cuntish behaviour.

So after being plugged in to Oblivion all week, I noticed this up for grabs and quickly downloaded it. I've got to say, first impressions are seriously week. Graphics are naff - there's no ignoring the fact that its based on an xbox 1 game, upped to 720P with no AA in sight. The map itself is fairly drab coloured anyway and low res/blurry textures + nothing on the horizon doesn't help to sell it.

This is my first play of Modern Combat, and compared to BF2 on the PC, it looks far worse and plays more like an arcade game (Battlefield-Lite?).

Perhaps it'll get better with repeated play, but I don't see any reason to choose this over BF2 (which they should have ported over in the first place imo)

I do like the helis in this game, though :D

i think it looks reasonably good with good draw distance and some nice HDR lighting that the 360 does so well. runs very smooth with 24 players too but you have to ask yourself whether it's worth it when you can buy it on the old consoles for about a third of the asking price. as had been said, it's no BF2 and on the 360 it really should be. no excuses EA. trying to grab a heli is a nightmare, it's the only thing everyone wants to try!

i think it looks reasonably good with good draw distance and some nice HDR lighting that the 360 does so well. runs very smooth with 24 players too but you have to ask yourself whether it's worth it when you can buy it on the old consoles ...

I take it the xbox version is none too dissimilar, other than what you've mentioned here?

The 360 update is hardly next-gen is it? Perhaps Dice should have popped across the corridor to have a little chat with Criterion about porting - those chaps seem to know what they're doing.