Burnout Revenge 360

Ben

Actually I think I might have been a little pissed when I played it last night. Well I mean I was a little pissed last night and I think that may have affected my judgement.

I swear when I first got into a race, I was 'blown away' by the graphics, but it took about 30 seconds to get used to it, and now it just feels like the Xbox game.

I bet if you put the two side by side there'd be a big difference though.

on a 90" screen

:o

There's definitely slight framerate drops online on certain tracks when there's loads going on (especially European ones) but I haven't seen it offline yet. I'm playing through VGA.

Anyone around for a couple of games tonight?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played for a week or so but will definitely get back to it, I generally play in ranked games with Randoms though.

It seemed easier the way it used to be on the Xbox where you could have ranked games with friends, then just open the lobby up to randoms to fill up the spaces. The game plays far better when you've got a full lobby.

Fuck knows - wondered why my ranking kept changing like that.

Also half the time you can access to view the online rankings.

Oooh yeah, and there's a lot of slowdown in places - as if the loading times weren't bad.

I've been playing it a lot the past few days so if anyone sees me on it, just send me an invite or something. Though I've mainly been playing the offline World Tour mode which is rapidly wearing thin on me - clocked 60% of the game now and unlocked Dominator status with not much more to go on to get Elite. But some of the challenges are damn bitches to complete I'm beginning to lose interest.

Fuck knows - wondered why my ranking kept changing like that.

Also half the time you can access to view the online rankings.

Oooh yeah, and there's a lot of slowdown in places - as if the loading times weren't bad.

I've been playing it a lot the past few days so if anyone sees me on it, just send me an invite or something. Though I've mainly been playing the offline World Tour mode which is rapidly wearing thin on me - clocked 60% of the game now and unlocked Dominator status with not much more to go on to get Elite. But some of the challenges are damn bitches to complete I'm beginning to lose interest.

Burnout Revenge has what is possibly the worst single-player mode in the history of racing games. It's wrong on every single level.

They do seem to have toned down the bastard Traffic Attack events a lot, though.

Still, it's the worst single-player mode ever, coupled with the reset-every-Tuesday online mode. This never happened in the XBox version. There also wasn't half as much slowdown, if ANY. The ranking is BROKEN, pure and simple. It doesn't make any logical sense. Unless you're EA. Racing 3 races? Better come 1st in every single one, then. If you're still leading in points after the 3 races, it doesn't matter. If you had a bad race in one of those races and came 3rd, 4th or whatever, BR doesn't give a fuck if you clawed back the points. It'll still rip your rank to pieces. It's fucked. Completely.

For a game that was pimped to fuck for the online aspects, it's pissing terrible.

Well it's back to the rental company tomorrow - had most of the fun that could be had of the title.

Reached Elite status within 24hrs of play and finished 65% of the game. No one on my friends list plays it anymore so I can't be assed either.

Feel free to send me an invite, although I won't be on much for the next few weeks.

Mind you, I can't seem to join or create a race anyway, ATM, so it hardly matters. Fuck knows why/ :P

Same thing happened with RR6.

Anyway - Squarishbear.

Feel free to send me an invite, although I won't be on much for the next few weeks.

Mind you, I can't seem to join or create a race anyway, ATM, so it hardly matters. Fuck knows why. :(

Same thing happened with RR6.

Anyway - Squarishbear.

• 2 weeks later...