Test Drive Unlimited

Most of you should have an invite, everyone who is on my friends list at least.

Make sure you check your news while in your garage. If you dont have them then let me know.

Try and accept them quick too as it seems that there might be a restriction on numbers based on the cost of the Club.

If so I will upgrade it as soon as I have some cash.

If theres space for one more im well up for some of this, gamertag is ravonrazor.

Managed to spend all of last night driving around the island just visiting all the car garages and taking a few cars for a spin. Brought a E-Type Jag, which i love, windows down and classic fm on the radio.

Excellent game!

I've been playing this since last Friday and it's great, honking at other Live players as you pass, racing each other etc

I've just been over to the Island, off the the Eastern coast of O'ahu.

Here's the method, if anyone would like it:

There was about 5 people in that area, when I first tried, all trying to climb up the off-road sections!

Superb all round - although it's quite interesting that the majority of people thought the demo was a bit cack, but we've all ended up buying it anyway!

Superb all round - although it's quite interesting that the majority of people thought the demo was a bit cack, but we've all ended up buying it anyway!

I can't understand this at all - the demo is painfully average in every way, so why are you all wetting yourself over the final game?

Is it the latest in the 'crap demo, good game' series? (Dead Rising, Saints Row etc.)

I can't understand this at all - the demo is painfully average in every way, so why are you all wetting yourself over the final game?

Is it the latest in the 'crap demo, good game' series? (Dead Rising, Saints Row etc.)

But Dead Rising was good demo, crap game :ph34r:

Everything appears to be improved from the demo and I'm very glad I took the 'risk' in getting it.

I've always thought of Gran Turismo as the best driving simulator (not best racer), but this is really. A huge island, traffic going about it's business, other Live drivers whizzing around, a variety of different challenges and bikes to use!

Well worth a punt - the internet forums going mental for it right now, ain't wrong!

It's just unfortunate the photo mode isn't up to Gran Turismo or PGR3's, as I quite like that aspect.

But Dead Rising was good demo, crap game ;)

Well it was a good demo in that it was fun, but a crap demo in that it didn't represent the full game - if you know what I mean :ph34r:

...plus the handling's loads better.

That's the main problem I had with the demo. I'll have to rent and see.

Just put in a couple more hours on this and it gets better and better. The delivery missions are great for getting you into the right way of driving although I blew lots of cash doing the first one. They are also good in that they allow you to get a taste of cars that you can't yet afford.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that it reminded them of Oblivion and I can see exactly what they mean. You set your GPS for a far off landmark but you get distracted by other challenges, missions and shops along the way. I can see this eating up a similar amount of time to the Bethesda game too.

Some of the online stuff still doesn't seem right yet (still can't upload photos for example) but I am sure that will get sorted over the next few days.

One bad point, I think I am having way too much fun buying clothes for my female avatar.

Has the Skyline been released for download in the UK or something? I did a Class E challenge last night, checked the leaderboard and noticed loads of entries with the Skyline, but only from UK gamertags.

I know that and another car were meant to be available this week, but they're not on the US marketplace.

Has the Skyline been released for download in the UK or something? I did a Class E challenge last night, checked the leaderboard and noticed loads of entries with the Skyline, but only from UK gamertags.

I know that and another car were meant to be available this week, but they're not on the US marketplace.

There was no DLC when I looked this morning. Maybe that was the car given away with Play orders?

There was no DLC when I looked this morning. Maybe that was the car given away with Play orders?

Yep, I got it with my play.com pre-order along with a lambo and a mercedes (you still have to buy them, it just makes them available in the car showroom).

can I get an invite mate?

No worries. But according to my list it says you have never played the game, so it wont let me invite you yet?

In case anyone is wondering where their invite is, go to Garage, then news, make sure youy click A when on news, it should me in amongst your achievement messages, prob one of the last messages. This is where I just stumbled across a few requests to join.