rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
suzakuseven

The 3D Thread

Officially better than the real thing, that :blink:

Sorry to bore you all with this, pretty much done now (I'll add some minor face details and signs and stuff later I reckon, as they'll be quick to do) Better lighting in this one too:

scene160cy.jpg

Quick new thing I'm working on for fun:

earlyrocket2.jpg

Turning out remarkably pleasantly for how quick it's being done, but the materials need tidying, and there's a whole little animation I want to do with him.

Right. Last update on this one. The model was blitzed with basic textures and some nice lighting this weekend, luckily got it done before the hand-in deadline (today!).

shot02mediumcopy8cy.jpg

shot03mediumcopy6jv.jpg

shot04mediumcopy1ni.jpg

Time to move on to something a bit different! Any ideas?

Just handed in my FYP today. I modelled some instruments, a pair of hands and a simple background, and animated them for a music video (Based on Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells). Hope it does ok.

Models

Acoustic/Spanish Guitar

Bass Guitar

Electric Guitar

Glockenspiel

Glove

Hand

Piano

Tubular Bells

Textured Models

Acoustic Guitar

Bass Guitar

Glockenspiel

Electric Guitar

Hand

Piano

Spanish Guitar

Stage

Tubular Bells

Frame from the animation.

Ryan and/or Mark, how do you make your renders look so nice? I know it must be much more than just turning on Final Gathering and antialiasing, but I've never found a good enough tutorial specifically for simple model renders.

Speaking of nice renders, IIIMMM GOOOINNG TO BEEE A BOOOSSSS!!!

Ryan and/or Mark, how do you make your renders look so nice? I know it must be much more than just turning on Final Gathering and antialiasing, but I've never found a good enough tutorial specifically for simple model renders.

if your using max then do the following

add a sky light, put it anywhere does'nt matter where

go to advanced lighting settings and select light tracer

Well the final renders are pretty dark. You actually see more detail in those pictures I've posted.

I might upload the animation somewhere, but honestly, it's unfinished.

<deep breath>

I didn't have time to animate the Electric and Bass Guitars, but I figured, since I'd animated the Acoustic and Spanish Guitars, I had included enough examples of guitar animation to show that it would be possible to animate the other 2, given enough time.

There's also a couple of camera issues that I want to sort out aswell.

I'm definitely going to finish it off, despite it being handed in already, so I don't know whether to upload the current animation, or wait until it's completely finished. I think I'll upload the animation in a new thread, so I can get some criticism that will help me finish the final one.

Guest JamesLee

I'm looking to get back into modeling purely on a hobby basis. Used XSI before, but want to give max a try. Anyone got some good tutorial sites? Basically something that will get me nicely acquainted with the software. :wub:

Nice models though guys.

I'm looking to get back into modeling purely on a hobby basis. Used XSI before, but want to give max a try. Anyone got some good tutorial sites? Basically something that will get me nicely acquainted with the software.

Nice models though guys.

The tutorials in MAX itself are pretty good at getting used to using the package. When we were being taught it at uni, thats all that was used.

heres a quick one from me, the texturing is half done. Having a texture tutor have a look at it tomoz. The beach still needs a lot of work, but most of the buildings are done and looking really good. this shot does'nt really show a lot of the detail ;)

I'm thinking of presenting the final product as a video sequence with fly throughs, and stills showing geometry and textures etc. anyone got any ideas?

down1.jpg

Maybe see if you can do a comparison video between shots of your model and a video of the real pier, and either blend between them, or do some kind of split screen thing.

As Suzaku said, putting some dirt on those textures would make it look more realistic.

Also, what are these?

pier.jpg