IGNORED

eBay thread!

El Pibe

I think that a lot of buyer have particular games on some sort automatic watch list so they know as soon as any of these items are listed. The fastest my BIN's tend to go it in the first hour of them being listed.

I tried setting up similar searches but it didn't really work. too difficult to filter out the spam.

I had a Buy it Now sell in about 2 minutes yesterday! :-O

Amazing scenes.

Anyways, I once e-mailed a chap, as it he had sold Secret of Mana and something else, equally decent, for £2 on Buy it Now.

I asked if he had really sold them for that price. He told me that the buyer, wasimaim, had made him an offer, of quite a bit more, and so they had agreed to put it through at £2 on eBay.

It's funny to think that these people sit on their PCs all day just waiting for things to come on. He, wasimaim, seems to do okay from it, though!

haha. It always makes me laugh when the traders buy my big bundles of Mega Drive games (the spares and the chaff that I don't want or will never play). They buy them, for a reasonable price, and the list them all individually. They really can't be making very much on them, especially when you take out fees and I just think 'What is the point!? Is it worth all the hassle of taking pictures, listing, packing and posting to make 20p on each game!?'

haha. It always makes me laugh when the traders buy my big bundles of Mega Drive games (the spares and the chaff that I don't want or will never play). They buy them, for a reasonable price, and the list them all individually. They really can't be making very much on them, especially when you take out fees and I just think 'What is the point!? Is it worth all the hassle of taking pictures, listing, packing and posting to make 20p on each game!?'

I agree, it's simply not worth it. I'm amazed that some of them make any money at all. I agree about the bundles thing. You make so little money selling the games off individually that it's just not worth the time or effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A quick question for those of yee who eBay.

I'm going to be having a mass clearout this Chrimbo time and that will include a few boxed N64 and SNES games - how do you guys pack these to avoid damaging them?

I buy a fat jiffy envelope and stuff two big pieces of thick cardboard down either side of the game.

I'm going to be having a mass clearout this Chrimbo time and that will include a few boxed N64 and SNES games - how do you guys pack these to avoid damaging them?

I flat pack my GBA boxes into a jiffy bag.

I buy a load of cardboard boxes from a local box manufacturer. They cost about 40p each (though you have to buy them in sets of 50) and will fit one bubblewrapped game quite comfortably, and protect them a hell of a lot better than a jiffy bag.

[edit] http://www.davpack.com is who I use - but only because they're local and I can pick the boxes up myself. See if there's something similar near where you live.

I box them!!!

I collect small boxes through out the year, the persil tablets boxes are particuarly good for this.

Grrrrrrr! Just had a number of GameCube auctions pulled by eBay as I put 'GameCube & Wii' in the title.

Apparently, that is spamming!?

I see people putting PS1 PS2 etc on Playstation games all the time.

Have written to them and explained this. Might get answer...in 2010. Means I have to go through the listing process for them all over again.

Fussen russen.

Sorry, needed to vent!