Sign in to follow this  
Melon_Bread

Tilt Shift Photography...

I don't get how you get that effect... damn cool if it's real though!

You can get lenses that allow you to tilt an element as well as zoom.

This gives you control over the focal plane angle.

That's about it really.

That tennis court's brilliant!

Here's a couple of mine:

They are wicked. Anything with tiny details like Trains, Trees,, bridges, sports stadiums work really well.

Bet we see this stuff everywhere soon.

Wow, nice work Melon Bread and MrCarrot. I saw an article about the lens you can use to get this effect, it bends in the middle. You can achieve all kinds of weird effects but I'd never thought of doing it in Photoshop - the results are pretty good.

They are wicked. Anything with tiny details like Trains, Trees,, bridges, sports stadiums work really well.

Bet we see this stuff everywhere soon.

Quick Robin, to the random-photo-thread-mobile!

na-na na-na na-na na-na PHOTO!

I've seen a few photos of this effect in galleries. I think at The Affordable Art Fair a few times. I really like them. I'm a bit short-sighted so from a distance I think "Wow that's an amazing model!" I walk closer and realise that it's real.

I know nothing about photography but it looks like they've been altered to straighten out the perspective.

Ignore the bit where it says to swap black and white, so that your mask has the reddest bit of the gradient over the part you want to keep in focus and it should work.

When you click and drag for the gradient thing, how should you do that?

I click and hold on the bit I want in focus most, and then drag up to the top of the pic. Is that right?

Yeah, then you hit 'Q' again and it should show you the bit you are selecting, thats the bit that will blur, if you follow the tut to the letter you end up blurring the bit you want to focus on so you might have to invert your selection.

Yeah, then you hit 'D' again and it should show you the bit you are selecting, thats the bit that will blur, if you follow the tut to the letter you end up blurring the bit you want to focus on so you might have to invert your selection.

Which can be done inside the lens blur dialogue.

dingo2.jpg

Dingo Ranch, Queensland, Australia - this one I like

rabat.jpg

Rabat, Morocco - like muchly

train.jpg

This is my favourite I think.

sahara.jpg

Hmmm

fes.jpg

Too 'busy' - I think the high detail kinda makes it hard to believe it could be a model.

If you want to add comments to a pretty much identical post on my blog, please do (;))- http://www.mmmyeahnice.com/

Personally I think Soong should post his efforts so we can SEE where he's going wrong...

Am I Right or what?

So right it hurts.

And then post the original pics so we can make it for him and explain the settings we use maybe.